Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:41:57 AM EDT
Time again for the warm up.  I'll edit this post adding in any solid info and attributing it to the poster.  

1) Magpul new follower style
2) The M93 is being replaced by two stocks the CTR and the UBR.
prototypes at Shotshow (horse's mouth in their forum)
3) GLOCK's big new product for sure.  What it is is a SWAG.  Probably a 5.56 bullpup carbine w/"safea action trigger" extensive use of polymer, and lots o'rails.  
4) Kel tec 9mm single stack a little bigger than a P3AT

Feel free to post pre-announces, rumors, guesses, etc.  mark how (un)sure you are.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Any news about the mythological upper from Ares?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:59:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear they will have a fully functional model in a locked lexan case for people to look at and drool, and photos of hundreds of individual componants ready to assemble.  My info on this is rumor level.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:06:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I predict that Olympic Arms will release their 300 Oly mag upper after several years of development and testing.  Too bad the 6.8 spc and 6.5 Grendel have already taken a big share of the market while they drug their feet.  I think AA will be showing some 6.5 Grendel uppers in the $600 price range and possibly some 25 round mags as well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:09:11 AM EDT
[#4]
What about the Bushmaster .308?

Oh, wait. After people bitched and whined for that for years, the same folks stayed away in droves.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:16:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Since Bushmaster is already selling the polymer 9's, I don't think that counts.  Kel Tec's 5.56 pistol, either.  I think KT released this now to avoid stealing the spotlight from their new pistol.  I don't know if BM has the same plan.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What about the Bushmaster .308?

Oh, wait. After people bitched and whined for that for years, the same folks stayed away in droves.

Well, the $1700 price tag and lots of broken bolts probably had some to do with it....
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:30:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I hear they will have a fully functional model in a locked lexan case for people to look at and drool, and photos of hundreds of individual componants ready to assemble.  My info on this is rumor level.

Haha, that's funny on one level, but very sad on another.

People can still hope, maybee this year they will have a security indoctrination for the chosen few, have them don a protective suit, some soft white gloves, and actually fire one at the secret range.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:35:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Time again for the warm up.  I'll edit this post adding in any solid info and attributing it to the poster.  

1) Magpul new follower style
2) The M93 is being replaced by two stocks the CTR and the UBR.
prototypes at Shotshow (horse's mouth in their forum)
3) GLOCK's big new product for sure.  What it is is a SWAG.  Probably a 5.56 bullpup carbine w/"safea action trigger" extensive use of polymer, and lots o'rails.  
4) Kel tec 9mm single stack a little bigger than a P3AT

Feel free to post pre-announces, rumors, guesses, etc.  mark how (un)sure you are.

If #3 is a reality, any guess on  price?  $995?
I would like to see #3 in a 10mm
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hopefully it will have the same kabooming action, this time with the ability to take your arm off at the shoulder rather than the wrist.

After all, it wouldnt be fitting of the Glock name if it didnt explode every so often, would it?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:50:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm holding out hope for a Glock carbine.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#11]
1) Kahr .380, sized smaller than a PM9 but larger than a Kel Tec P3AT
* unsure; I've seen it mentioned on a couple different forums as if it was gospel, but nothing difinitive or firsthand

2) Springfield XD in .45 AUTO
* highly likely; Springfield has already advertised it!

3) Glock's "big new product" will be a 34/35 sized pistol in .45GAP
* sheer speculation

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#12]
HK45 fullsize and compact.

Smith & Wesson M&P

Leitner Wise Rifle Co. and Grenadier Precision goodies.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:10:09 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
1) Kahr .380, sized smaller than a PM9 but larger than a Kel Tec P3AT
* unsure; I've seen it mentioned on a couple different forums as if it was gospel, but nothing difinitive or firsthand

2) Springfield XD in .45 AUTO
* highly likely; Springfield has already advertised it!

3) Glock's "big new product" will be a 34/35 sized pistol in .45GAP
* sheer speculation  ]

I hope you are kidding.   I have been waiting for a 34/35 .45 for years and they make it in GAP???  What did i do to deserve that?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Beretta will release a version of the CX4 Storm in 223 that takes AR magazines and is yet another answer to a question no one has asked.

It will be pretty and futuristic looking and be marketed to places like the PRK and PRNJ, as well as police departments where they are scared of the AR.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
HK45 fullsize and compact.

Smith & Wesson M&P

Oh yes, I'm really looking forward to these two handguns and will probably have one or the other (or both) by the end of next year
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:18:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Saw that Smith and Wesson M&P semi auto on Outdoor Life channel.  Didn't see what the big deal is, it looked like a Sigma with an accessory rail.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:23:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Saw that Smith and Wesson M&P semi auto on Outdoor Life channel.  Didn't see what the big deal is, it looked like a Sigma with an accessory rail.

Do some searching. It has nothing in common with the Sigma. There's a couple of threads about it over on the handgun forum.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Good info! Thx
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll bet there will be some kind a Glock Foety sniper rifle with a large gentleman standing next to it saying he's the only one qualified to handle it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'll bet there will be some kind a Glock Foety sniper rifle with a large gentleman standing next to it saying he's the only one qualified to handle it.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#21]
.45ACP XD

Remington will still be draggin its feet on the 6.8SPC

Even more made in china nylon gear companies than last year.

Blackhawks booth will include lots of giant posters with diamondplate, flames, fireworks.

Surefire price increase, G2 approaching last years 6P prices. Big push for their supressors and rail systems.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
.45ACP XD

They already have this on their website!

.45 ACP XD

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Rock River Arms 308 AR

Glock rifle/carbine
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.45ACP XD

.45 ACP XD

Yep, but try to buy one before SHOT which is the official introduction of new products.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Rock River Arms 308 AR

Glock rifle/carbine

Last a heard was RRA designed the BAR10 and sold it to bushmaster after they couldn't get it to work.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:57:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
.45ACP XD

.45 ACP XD

Yep, but try to buy one before SHOT which is the official introduction of new products.

Gotcha
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Yet another 1911 clone maker will appear.  No, make that two.  Or five.

Yet another Coltski SAA knockoff, perhaps made in Russia out of old traktor parts.

Freedom Arms will release the .500STFU, a four shot single action that 's only purpose is to make Smith and Wesson STFU.

Ruger will make two versions of 10/22s, 3 versions of Mark IIs, and finally release the .374 Goober in a limited edition Number One.  This will instantly be declared the rifle and cartridge of the year by Guns & Ammo.  The review will extol the praises of the .374 Goober and how Ruger is a bunch of frickin' geniouses.  Unfortunately Guns and Ammo will fail to actually shoot the .374 Goober in the process of writing the review.    

Hornady will put out the new .443 Hornady round.  Why?  Because they can.  You are a girly man.  

Colt will introduce an AK-47 and sue everyone in sight for using the name "AK" in their marketing literature.  

Four new powders will be introduced.  Not that anyone will notice.  They are slightly faster burning that Bullseye, a tad slower than IMR4350.  

Remington won't even show up.  

Winchester will regret showing up at the SHOT show when they see Remington isn't there, become abusively drunk and berate Speer for being such a little ATK bitch.

Barnes will produce a copper jacketed depleted uranium rifle bullet called the MRX238.  Sales will be slow, as it causes your hair to fall out and you will go sterile if you handload more than 20 rounds in your lifetime.

Kahr will make a product that is reliable from the box and then discontinue it before it gets to market.  Just to prove they CAN do it, but they don't WANT to do it.

Glock will finally release the long awaited Glock Fork and the Glock Spoon.  These tactical tableware will revolutionize the food service industry.  Unfortunately, Gaston Glock's mental condition worsens and he demands that he will now be known merely as the Glock symbol.  He requires all employees to refer to him as "the firearm's genious formerly known as Gaston Glock" and his favorite activity becomes handwashing.

Leupold will produce a scope made out of a cardboard tube duct taped to a rifle.  For reticles it uses two paper clips.  Guns & Ammo will love the new scope and say for $328 it is a true bargain.  They especially like the adjustability range of the new scope.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#28]
They better have free beer like last time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
.45ACP XD

Remington will still be draggin its feet on the 6.8SPC

Even more made in china nylon gear companies than last year.

Blackhawks booth will include lots of giant posters with diamondplate, flames, fireworks.

Surefire price increase, G2 approaching last years 6P prices. Big push for their supressors and rail systems.

Damn guys, I think this guy has insider info.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll say... Glock debuts (finally) a carbine system, but it's pistol calibers only: 9mm, .40 and .45 GAP. In which case, I might have to reverse my "NO GLOCK" policy.  

Seriously though, I hope there's a ton of cool stuff.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yet another Coltski SAA knockoff, perhaps made in Russia out of old traktor parts.

Freedom Arms will release the .500STFU, a four shot single action that 's only purpose is to make Smith and Wesson STFU.

Ruger will make two versions of 10/22s, 3 versions of Mark IIs, and finally release the .374 Goober in a limited edition Number One.  This will instantly be declared the rifle and cartridge of the year by Guns & Ammo.  The review will extol the praises of the .374 Goober and how Ruger is a bunch of frickin' geniouses.  Unfortunately Guns and Ammo will fail to actually shoot the .374 Goober in the process of writing the review.    

Hornady will put out the new .443 Hornady round.  Why?  Because they can.  You are a girly man.  

Colt will introduce an AK-47 and sue everyone in sight for using the name "AK" in their marketing literature.  

Four new powders will be introduced.  Not that anyone will notice.  They are slightly faster burning that Bullseye, a tad slower than IMR4350.  

Winchester will regret showing up at the SHOT show when they see Remington isn't there, become abusively drunk and berate Speer for being such a little ATK bitch.

Barnes will produce a copper jacketed depleted uranium rifle bullet called the MRX238.  Sales will be slow, as it causes your hair to fall out and you will go sterile if you handload more than 20 rounds in your lifetime.

Kahr will make a product that is reliable from the box and then discontinue it before it gets to market.  Just to prove they CAN do it, but they don't WANT to do it.

Glock will finally release the long awaited Glock Fork and the Glock Spoon.  These tactical tableware will revolutionize the food service industry.  Unfortunately, Gaston Glock's mental condition worsens and he demands that he will now be known merely as the Glock symbol.  He requires all employees to refer to him as "the firearm's genious formerly known as Gaston Glock" and his favorite activity becomes handwashing.

Leupold will produce a scope made out of a cardboard tube duct taped to a rifle.  For reticles it uses two paper clips.  Guns & Ammo will love the new scope and say for $328 it is a true bargain.  They especially like the adjustability range of the new scope.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
They better have free beer like last time.

Where the hell was that? I wasnt informed about free beer!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Someone will release a new and improved 1911 made from tupperware in the revolutionary and uber tactical 69 Blowhard cal. Remington will announce  that they will manufacture this caliber with 1000gr bullets made of unobtainium that will be available in a few months just like they did with the  6.8.

S&W will remove keylocks!

The Shrike will be in full production!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rock River Arms 308 AR

Glock rifle/carbine

Last a heard was RRA designed the BAR10 and sold it to bushmaster after they couldn't get it to work.

I had heard they hold the patent on the bolt modification that will allow it to work and didn't sell that with it but I don't know.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:08:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rock River Arms 308 AR

Glock rifle/carbine

I had heard they hold the patent on the bolt modification that will allow it to work and didn't sell that with it but I don't know.

Well I guess we will see than.]

who knows?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Rock River Arms 308 AR

Glock rifle/carbine

Well I guess we will see than.]

who knows?

I hope so.  I'm not saying I'm an expert or have some secret info from the inside.  I have just heard these things and I am hoping they do it.  It would be cool, especially if it ran well.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
The Shrike will be in full production!

Including a 6.8SPC version!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

A month later, Shooting Times will unveil the .374 GooberSTM.

Excellent work, Cheesebeast!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Any more?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:42:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:52:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

That is one funny ass post!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

LOL

twl, holy shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#43]
im lookin forward to go out there. i cant wait to see all the new shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#44]
That many of the people perusing gear there will have no practical use for it whatsoever if they actually got their hands on it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:18:52 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Dear god man.... did this just roll off your tongue?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#46]
I predict that smaller companies will overtake larger ones quickly and begin to take the whole industry by storm.

I predict that there will be 3-4 more latest and greatest scar based carbines introduced with production starting in second, third,4th quarter 2006 the future at some point.

I predict that a major handgun manufacturer will introduce a round  that does nothing new, but has their name on it.

I predict that someone is going to introduce an ultra-supershort magnum, starting with a .30 cal round that will fit into a really really short bolt action that will save its owner another .3oz over current designs.

S&W announces it has dropped plans for a .475 S&W magnum because it was not marketable as either the most powerful or the fastest handgun cartridge, and thus was not useful at all.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That would be teh awesome!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Sig will announce a P240 that is the P245 slide mated to a P210 frame for a 'Commander' size pistol.

wganz

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:42:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
A lesser-known AR parts manufacturer will introduce the most complete modular system ever introduced for the AR15 platform.
Quick change barrels, quick change magazine wells, allowing rapid caliber conversions using existing hi-cap magazines that are native to the caliber, such as AK47, AK74, AR15(5.56), 6.8SPC, 9mm Sten, 45ACP Grease Gun, etc.  Also allows rapid changes of barrel lengths, twists, contours, for mission-specific needs. No tools required for in-the-field reconfigurations.

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=53166&iGalleryUnq=1956&iImageUnq=43695

Yes but will it be avialable in .374Goober?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Guns???

BTW- These will all be seen, not necessarily in this order.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top