Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 7:22:53 PM EDT
shot at Front Sight...

Lightweights!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad none of that is 50BMG.    I need a source of brass.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How many shooters?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How many shooters?

Five maybe?

Saw their free video and that's what they quoted shooting during a typical weekend.

And I saw some MAJOR firearm safety violations by that owner guy. Standing down range at the side while a boat load of mostly UNTRAINED, NEW people were firing full auto mac 10s. This guy was STANDING on the side HALF way down to the targets. Granted, the targets were probably 10 to 15 yards from the shooters, but WHAT AN IDIOT! He also swept a cameraman with a full auto and let the cameraman stand to the side and to the FRONT while he fired.

I always thought I might like to attend a Front Sight class, but not after seeing what they do.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately, there are no standards for Training Instructors, to speak of.

Too often it's a personality draw, or a facility draw
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:12:18 AM EDT
[#5]
In Before the Scientology Comments.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Whaaaaaat?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whaaaaaat?

Just wait, you'll see.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whaaaaaat?

Just wait, you'll see.

It's a scientologist terrorist training camp. Tom Cruise is the mastermind. It's all a cover for his homosexuality.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whaaaaaat?

Just wait, you'll see.

It's a scientologist terrorist training camp. Tom Cruise is the mastermind. It's all a cover for his homosexuality.

Are we going to see another ATF raid? This one on Front Sight?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#10]
The more you shoot the better you get
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:06:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Been to Front Sight,  Loved it, and am going back.  Scientology stuff is bullshit and it was pure education by some very very good instructors.

Try it if you don't think so.  I have had several very good experiences.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#12]

So what's this "Scientology" talk?

Is the Mr. Pizza guy a Scientologist?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:58:23 AM EDT
[#13]
The way Front Sight does their wholesale training, I have no doubt they expand that amount of ammo in one weekend.  Consider their 4 day handgun class, each class have approx. 30+ students, each shooting avg of 600 rounds of ammo, that will be 18,000+ round per class, with 3 classes running plus sometimes two shotgun class, one rifle, and occationally handgun master prep and smg 4 day, I have no doubt they burn that much.  Actually the ammo burn rate per student is relatively low, in the 556 class in Gunsite, each student burned 1,200 rounds of 5.56 ball, 400+ rounds of 5.56 frangables, 600 rounds of pistol ball, plus another 200 rounds of pistol frangables, in 5 days.

But then, as I have stressed, Front sight is doing wholesale training, one rigid set of methods, no other mothods are accepted or permitted.  Their market is aimed at the general shooters that have not received any formal or advanced training from other fighting schools.  It sound good for the amount of beginners going thru the class, but become boring very quickly for me.  All they stress is shooting skills, and their "worship" of the "Combat Master", I guess is a way to generate a market which the shooters felt there are some measure of their "combat" skill.  They spoke a little bit off the combat traid, small talk about tactics (some are flawed), and paid some lip service about mind set.  

Yes, I have been there and have attended all their weapons classes including the advanced ones except their SMG and combat master series, and I am also DGed on all of them.  I have also attended multuiple fighting schools.

Yes, the founder is involve in Scientology, and there are rumors that linked Front Sight and Scientology, but for the time I have been there, I have not seen or wittness any.  It is interesting that the instructors make it a point to steer clear of Scientology topics whenever they are in uniform or in the properity, which makes one wonder why the topic is tabboo.

The latest thing with Front Sight are the Platinum members are getting the shaft with no deed to the land, and they have yet been able to build on their lot.  There are allegations that FS have been using their membership money to develop other properties in Alaska and Florida, again, who knows the truth.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The way Front Sight does their wholesale training, I have no doubt they expand that amount of ammo in one weekend.  Consider their 4 day handgun class, each class have approx. 30+ students, each shooting avg of 600 rounds of ammo, that will be 18,000+ round per class, with 3 classes running plus sometimes two shotgun class, one rifle, and occationally handgun master prep and smg 4 day, I have no doubt they burn that much.  Actually the ammo burn rate per student is relatively low, in the 556 class in Gunsite, each student burned 1,200 rounds of 5.56 ball, 400+ rounds of 5.56 frangables, 600 rounds of pistol ball, plus another 200 rounds of pistol frangables, in 5 days.

But then, as I have stressed, Front sight is doing wholesale training, one rigid set of methods, no other mothods are accepted or permitted.  Their market is aimed at the general shooters that have not received any formal or advanced training from other fighting schools.  It sound good for the amount of beginners going thru the class, but become boring very quickly for me.  All they stress is shooting skills, and their "worship" of the "Combat Master", I guess is a way to generate a market which the shooters felt there are some measure of their "combat" skill.  They spoke a little bit off the combat traid, small talk about tactics (some are flawed), and paid some lip service about mind set.  

Yes, I have been there and have attended all their weapons classes including the advanced ones except their SMG and combat master series, and I am also DGed on all of them.  I have also attended multuiple fighting schools.

Yes, the founder is involve in Scientology, and there are rumors that linked Front Sight and Scientology, but for the time I have been there, I have not seen or wittness any.  It is interesting that the instructors make it a point to steer clear of Scientology topics whenever they are in uniform or in the properity, which makes one wonder why the topic is tabboo.

The latest thing with Front Sight are the Platinum members are getting the shaft with no deed to the land, and they have yet been able to build on their lot.  There are allegations that FS have been using their membership money to develop other properties in Alaska and Florida, again, who knows the truth.

I just got back from front sight, and you are dead on. It was my first formal training class and I truly feel that my handgun and I are 'intimate' now. BUT, I did sense a 'cult' like presence while I was there. Nothing specifically seen nor witnessed, just this feeling. i wasn't the only one either that had this feeling either.

One thing I did notice was that while at FS the instructors wouldn't talk about Piazza at all, ina group setting. I made a comment once that one of the real life 'picture' targets look like piazza himself, I said very non-chalantly (sp) and not meaning to be mean or hurtful in anyway, the guy really did look like piazza.  and one of the instructors did not like that comment at all, which was interesting..
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whaaaaaat?

Just wait, you'll see.

Are we going to see another ATF raid? This one on Front Sight?

The BATFEXYZ is going to surround and burn to death all those cultists!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top