Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 7:21:57 PM EDT
My grandfather, a Navy veteran from the Korean War era, passed away today, he was 75. As I was looking through his old pictures I found alot of old pictures from when he was in the Navy. He did a Mediterrainian tour and visited everywhere from Algeria to Greece. I also found alot of old slides that have pictures on them. He showed me some of them before but I cant wait to turn the projector on and see all of them. Needless to say Im really gonna miss him.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that.

Rest in Peace.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry about your loss.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:27:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear of your loss.  I think of my grandparents every Christmas and get misty-eyed.  Your grandfather sounded like a real hero.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry about your grandfather.  I strongly recommend having a "Memorial Video" made for his funeral service.  Some funeral homes offer this service.  Give them 30-50 photos with a couple of songs and show it during the visitation or funeral.  As a professional photographer/videographer I have made them for my own family and for customers.  It is truly the best way to remember someone's life.  And it also lets out all the emotions.  There will not be a dry eye in the funeral home.  Most everyone wishes they could have had one made for their own deceased loved ones.  Send me an e-mail if you want any more details.  Once again, you have my sympathy.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry about your grandfather.  I strongly recommend having a "Memorial Video" made for his funeral service.  Some funeral homes offer this service.  Give them 30-50 photos with a couple of songs and show it during the visitation or funeral.  As a professional photographer/videographer I have made them for my own family and for customers.  It is truly the best way to remember someone's life.  And it also lets out all the emotions.  There will not be a dry eye in the funeral home.  Most everyone wishes they could have had one made for their own deceased loved ones.  Send me an e-mail if you want any more details.  Once again, you have my sympathy.

+1.  Went to the funeral of a LEO.  The memorial video was a great tribute.  People laughed and cried at the same time.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:04:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:54:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Prayers downrange for you and yours, that man's a hero.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry dude.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#10]
My deepest sympathies for you and your family!

May Our Heavenly Father keep your grandfather in the Palms of His Everlasting Hands.

Eric The(AGrandfather,Himself)Hun
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Very sorry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top