Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 6:32:32 PM EDT
Getting mine later this week

What are the 'must haves'?  Tried going over to howardforums.com but I prefer the input here, sounds more like english

thanks,
dan
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Motorola Phone Tools software and a data cable.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

comes with the phone package?

cable too ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cable too ?

Mine didn;t.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The software costs about 25 bucks, plus the cost of a mini USB cable (Or bluetooth USB device if you want to go that way).  Its not mandatory software to have, but it lets you play around with making ringtones and such.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]

What else do I need?

Phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range ?

j/k

Bluetooth headset?  Worth it for the gadget factor ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Mobile Phone Tools by Motorola. It should come with the phone, unless you're getting it through one of the cellular scalpers who will take it out so you can't manage your own phone, and will buy all your ringtones from them. Use a Mini USB cable to connect it to your computer and charge it at the same time. If you want ringtones, I put up a few dozen of them last month. Feel free to download any you want and use them. Here's the link:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=407217
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Mobile Phone Tools by Motorola. It should come with the phone, unless you're getting it through one of the cellular scalpers who will take it out so you can't manage your own phone, and will buy all your ringtones from them. Use a Mini USB cable to connect it to your computer and charge it at the same time. If you want ringtones, I put up a few dozen of them last month. Feel free to download any you want and use them. Here's the link:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=407217

cool, how about adding this one to the list, it works especially well in meetings

Click here to hear the tarzan-yell

and shouldn't you be out dating someone ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
The Motorola software is a must, it allows you to make your own ringtones and add pictures and such.  I only have a little V180 but it has the built in USB port.  I use the same usb cable that came with my digital camera.  

If you really want to get into customizing your phone then check out www.howardforums.com, it is the ARFCOM equivilent to cell phones.  You can actualy reflash your phones firmware and do all kinds of stuff if you want to.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The Motorola software is a must, it allows you to make your own ringtones and add pictures and such.  I only have a little V180 but it has the built in USB port.  I use the same usb cable that came with my digital camera.  

If you really want to get into customizing your phone then check out www.howardforums.com, it is the ARFCOM equivilent to cell phones.  You can actualy reflash your phones firmware and do all kinds of stuff if you want to.

You need to be careful with what you flash...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Get a notebook with bluetooth aits alot easier than the cable.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

cable too ?

As said by someone else, usually not if you buy your phone from one of the wireless companies. Mine didn't (Motorola V180).

I already had the USB cable to use with my digicam, and I found the software on bittorrent.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Ok, I found a great site for those who are curious about the RAZR and what can be done.

Just started reading over there now so I don't have any input yet.

dan

edit:  here is the COLD link

http://pagefusion.com/index.php?PID=25&PGID=110
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#14]
cold link added above:

here it is again

http://pagefusion.com/index.php?PID=25&PGID=110
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top