Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:01:55 PM EDT
I saw the CMP site has greek surplus and another place has Olympic greek ammo. Is this the same stuff?
I heard the Olympic in .223 is crap but is the 30.06 also the same crap?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#1]
The Korean PS headstamp ammo is good stuff when you can find it.  Do NOT confuse it with the KA Korean.

Danish is also good, but more expensive.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The CMP Greek is good stuff.
Buy a case of it with the clips.

The CMP Lake City is good stuff.
Buy a case of it.

Rinse. Repeat.  

The Greek is a little bit hotter than the Lake City, accuracy in my Garand is minute of body at 100 yards with either.

Neither has any "click-no bang" issues, neither are "dirty" ammo.

The Olympic Greek is crap.

Search Greek ammo in the Garand forum.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The CMP Greek is good stuff.
Buy a case of it with the clips.

The CMP Lake City is good stuff.
Buy a case of it.

Rinse. Repeat.  

The Greek is a little bit hotter than the Lake City, accuracy in my Garand is minute of body at 100 yards with either.

Neither has any "click-no bang" issues, neither are "dirty" ammo.

The Olympic Greek is crap.

Search Greek ammo in the Garand forum.  

thanks but your avatar is disturbing
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I saw the CMP site has greek surplus and another place has Olympic greek ammo. Is this the same stuff?
I heard the Olympic in .223 is crap but is the 30.06 also the same crap?

DO NOT buy Olympic brand 30-06.  It is NOT milsurp and it is loaded WAY TOO HOT for an M1.

I bought a case of that shit, and it was not only inappropiate for a Garand, it also sucked accuracy-wise in a known, tack driving Howa 1500.

What I didn't shoot (most of it) I pulled apart, resized the brass (adjusting the decapping pin to prevent it from actually depriming), and reloaded with the proper amount of IMR 4895.  Now it's useable.

Also, it's Berdan primed, so don't even bother saving the brass.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
CMP Lake City and CMP Greek.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top