Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 4:45:13 PM EDT
I thought vandals were at their worst on Halloween.

WATSONTOWN, Pa. -- A motorist has run over the Nativity scene at a church in Watsontown, Pennsylvania. The same thing happened last year.

The Reverend Donald Jones, the pastor of the Watsontown Alliance Church, said last year's damage wasn't so bad. The driver only ran over the edge of the creche.

This time, he said, "it's been pretty well destroyed." Jones says, "They got Mary and Joseph, the baby Jesus, the wise men and a couple of shepherds."

Jones says the damage to the large, illuminated figures could not have been accidental.

He says, "It had to be deliberate. The figures sat up on a hill above the road," and the driver had to enter the parking lot to drive over them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
that's pretty pathetic.

i'd recommend roofing nails around it, but i know some how someone innocent would get hurt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:48:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Some people absolutely make me sick...what kind of senseless, heartless person would do this?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Some people absolutely make me sick...what kind of senseless, heartless person would do this?

Seen the video of the kids beating the dog with the skateboard? Same type of people.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahh, the "tolerant" strike again.

A local radio show host was planning on renting space in the town square to put up a cross to commemorate the "reason for the season", until he received emails from people threatening to vandalize and destroy the cross.  No one seems to mind the menorah that is put up in rented space there every year...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy Crap how much insurance coverage would you have to have for running over the savior of the world
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Typical hatred from the DUh crowd.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Next year he should set up a perimeter of Spike Strips around the nativity scene. lol.

The wife and i agree, this would be funny.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#8]
PA huh, must be the Viva La Bam crew.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

A local radio show host was planning on renting space in the town square to put up a cross to commemorate the "reason for the season", until he received emails from people threatening to vandalize and destroy the cross.  No one seems to mind the menorah that is put up in rented space there every year...hr

Is THAT what happened to Lars' plans for the cross?  

It is Portland, how am I not surprised at this.

Steven
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Next year he should set up a perimeter of Spike Strips around the nativity scene. lol.

you misspelled "claymores"

.... j/k.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#11]
As they drove by did they yell "Take it to the religion forum?"
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

A local radio show host was planning on renting space in the town square to put up a cross to commemorate the "reason for the season", until he received emails from people threatening to vandalize and destroy the cross.  No one seems to mind the menorah that is put up in rented space there every year...

I would volunteer to stand armed watch around it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:37:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
that's pretty pathetic.

i'd recommend roofing nails around it, but i know some how someone innocent would get hurt.

Post a sniper in the steeple.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:31:48 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you misspelled "claymores"

.... j/k.

mmmm... claymores.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I thought vandals were at their worst on Halloween.

WATSONTOWN, Pa. -- A motorist has run over the Nativity scene at a church in Watsontown, Pennsylvania. The same thing happened last year.

The Reverend Donald Jones, the pastor of the Watsontown Alliance Church, said last year's damage wasn't so bad. The driver only ran over the edge of the creche.

This time, he said, "it's been pretty well destroyed." Jones says, "They got Mary and Joseph, the baby Jesus, the wise men and a couple of shepherds."

Jones says the damage to the large, illuminated figures could not have been accidental.

He says, "It had to be deliberate. The figures sat up on a hill above the road," and the driver had to enter the parking lot to drive over them.

One church in town had a nativity scene using live animals, and some idiot kids decided it would be "fun" to take rebar and beat Brighty the mule who was a part of the display. It took that mule months to recover.

At least they only killed plastic figures.

Still, this is the reason we need to bring back flogging. Some people are just in need of a good butt whoopin.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:35:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Typical hatred from the DUh crowd.

As much as I like to blame stuff on the DUh crowd and the liberal rot that infects their brains, this is most likely not a statement against Christianity. The most likely explanation is a few dumb-a$$ed teenagers destroying stuff because the little bastards think it is "cool".
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:37:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Post a sniper in the steeple.

If we need snipers to defend a Christmas display, then America really has gone too far.

Now guys watching over the cross using paintballs....THAT is some good entertainment right there!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is THAT what happened to Lars' plans for the cross?  

It is Portland, how am I not surprised at this.

Steven

Yup, that's what happened.  A lot of people are pretty bummed out about it, especially the guys at the church that already made the cross.

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would volunteer to stand armed watch around it.

I thought of that when I heard it, but Lars brought it up and said that it just wouldn't be right if we needed armed guards around the thing 24 hours a day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top