Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 1:01:48 PM EDT
I was reading an article just a minute ago about the passing of Vincent "The Chin" Gigante. Then I got to thinking, is there still a true Italian mafia? You really don't hear much about it on the news anymore, just movies and shows dramatizing it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Fugetaboutit.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes...but unfortunately they are greatly diminished. They have been replaced by black street gangs, 1 %er motorcycle gangs, and foreign gangs like the Russians. I would take the "mafia" anyday over those...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
In chicago , they are refered to as the Outfit, in the Trib.   Alive and well it appears, along with king dick.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it's called our government.

Want to purchase spirits? You have to buy it from the government at a 100% mark up, which is a tax. Extortion is more like it.

Mob - Government...many times...no difference. The first is illegal, the second is legal because the one's in power say it is. Not because it's Constitutional or right.  Both kill for power, both have robbed people. Both have killed innocent Americans.

Augh!

*Sorry, just get pissed because no matter what you do or what happens our Freedom and what is right is being replaced with absolutism and tranny.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
In chicago , they are refered to as the Outfit, in the Trib.   Alive and well it appears, along with king dick.

King Dick / Richard Daley?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no specific information that may or may not indicate the presence or lack thereof of certain organized crime syndicates in and around the Greater Kansas City area.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as you don't call him "Boss" Daley...that is reserved for his dad...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have no specific information that may or may not indicate the presence or lack thereof of certain organized crime syndicates in and around the Greater Kansas City area.

They live in Mission Hills?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Of course there is, the leaders are just not as public as the Gotti era.

You'll know when the mob falls because you will see NASDAQ fail as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can neither confirm nor deny.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can neither confirm nor deny.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I can ask them for you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Of course there is, the leaders are just not as public as the Gotti era.

The late 80s and early 90s were a very open, public time for the mob all around the country. Here in Toledo, there was a restaurant called "The Mafia"...it was run by the Toledo wing of the Detroit mob...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#15]
There was...until I drew down on them!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Want to purchase spirits? You have to buy it from the government at a 100% mark up, which is a tax. Extortion is more like it.

Mob - Government...many times...no difference. The first is illegal, the second is legal because the one's in power say it is. Not because it's Constitutional or right.  Both kill for power, both have robbed people. Both have killed innocent Americans.

Augh!

*Sorry, just get pissed because no matter what you do or what happens our Freedom and what is right is being replaced with absolutism and tranny.

The ARFcom sheep will tear you apart for your post.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Augh!

That's ok, I have some nice Kool-Aid for them. That's their drink of choice right?

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#18]
supposedly some of the mexican mafia and mexican gangs make the old style mafia guys look like mister rogers neighborhood, in violence, numbers of individuals and control of crime areas and spheres of influence.

read somewhere compared the number of mobbed up guys to the numbers of ogranized mexican mafia people and it was pretty scarry.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Augh!

That's ok, I have some nice Kool-Aid for them. That's their drink of choice right?

wilsonhellie.typepad.com/for_the_record/pictures/koolaid7.jpg

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
supposedly some of the mexican mafia and mexican gangs make the old style mafia guys look like mister rogers neighborhood, in violence, numbers of individuals and control of crime areas and spheres of influence.

read somewhere compared the number of mobbed up guys to the numbers of ogranized mexican mafia people and it was pretty scarry.

some of them. There have been 2 different (branches I guess) that I have seen. One was ruthless and the other was a bunch of sissies
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

+1...That is why we made a big mistake going after the "mafia"...Doing that only allowed them to be replaced in many areas and "industries" by more dispicable creatures...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I had my one, very brief, encounter with the mob in MN in 1990 and it scared the shit out of me.

Do tell!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#24]
i have heard rumors that a click mob exists.......
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

dude, your gonna get deaded
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Mack Bolan killed them all.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes, there is.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:14:39 PM EDT
[#28]
a mob can be anything...i believe you mean a Mafia or an organized crime ring.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#29]
['tude]  Depends.  Who wants to know?  [/ 'tude]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#31]

those folks are still very much around.  Their just not so much out in the open as they once were.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I had my one, very brief, encounter with the mob in MN in 1990 and it scared the shit out of me.

Do tell!

Yep.  You can't toss something like that out and not tell the story.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:12:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I see a Hammer of Dead in your future.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Dude, I love Cheney but that is the funniest graphic I have seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:24:04 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With the hammer of dead. Because he knows the Govenor.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I.R.S,
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do tell!

Yep.  You can't toss something like that out and not tell the story.

Not much really.  At an Italian restaurant with my family.  I was a college football player at the time and thus thought I was the toughest guy around.  Dude comes in with a couple of brusiers with him.  Looked mob and dressed mobish.  I made I contact with one of the thugs and we have a stare down.   A few minutes later he comes back around and we stare down again.  Third time he walks around he opens his jacket and I see a pistol in a shoulder holster, plus the look he gave really chilled me to the bone.  I stared at my spagetti the rest of the meal.  

I got your's beat. My Grandfather's auto shop near Dobb's Ferry used to fix all the garbage trucks. If you dont know where Dobbs Ferry is, its basically north of NYC. In the 50's and early 60's he met alot of 'unique' businessmen. I wouldnt name any of them, but think of a NYC celebrity businessman in that time and he probably met them. At his shop there was once these two guys there who worked for a very influential businessman there, and my gramps had to do a favor for them. When my dad was young he used to explore all around the house. One day he found a trunk filled with a bunch of guns. Turns out one of the businessmen were being investigated and my gramps didnt want to say no.

There was also a funeral of one of the boss's relatives, who was related to one of the Kennedy's if I remember correctly, where my gramps was invited to go to. My gramps was from Cuba so he wasnt the best at speaking English, so he saw the mob boss guy and he said, "My congradulations", he was trying to say my condolences, and the mob boss looked like he was going to do something, but my grandmother had to explain what he was trying to say.

Another time, one of my Dad's cousins was trying to open up a recycling company near NYC. He had a couple of trucks and was getting some good money. One day he got a knock on his door, he opens up and the guy says, "I'm here to buy your company." He says, I'm not selling it. The guy then tells him, "Hey I got some pictures for you to look at. Are these all your trucks?" He hands him the photos, and he starts flipping through them. He sees all his trucks, sure. But then he sees a bunch of photos of his kids, wife, and relatives. The mob guy tells him, "Oh, how did those get there?" Needless to say, he got rid of the company and left NYC.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Behind every great fortune is a crime.

That thing of theirs is alive and well....though the mandatory sentencing has made it rough on them.  One or two acts and a guy goes to prison for the REST OF HIS LIFE.  So there is very little of the loyalty that there once was.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#40]
yes there is.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Not in Trenton, NJ.  They've been forced out by the gangs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#42]

Leave the gun....................take the cannoli's
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes. They are very much around, just not like you would think. It aint Goodfella's anymore.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Never heard of them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One and the same...and the reason I want to leave this commie state...

Indiana gets more appealing everyday.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

it wasn't long ago that i'd tell you that you were dead wrong, but sadly, i have to agree with you.  they even pass gun laws to make it harder for us to fight back when they push us around
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Leave the gun....................take the cannoli's

Best line in the movie.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:58:50 PM EDT
[#48]
still exist but no where near as powerful as the old days if you are referring to the Italian mob
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#49]
ARFcom is a mob
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:07:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I thought only old honest money lived in mission hills............ no kidding
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top