Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2005 10:07:23 AM EDT
I was offered 1/4 of shares after 1 year then 1/48th per month. Which obviously after 4 years all the stock will be vested.

Is this a standard deal for graduated vesting?  Its fine for me as I plan to stay 5 years anyways if this job works out.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was offered 1/4 of shares after 1 year then 1/48th per month. Which obviously after 4 years all the stock will be vested.

Is this a standard deal for graduated vesting?  Its fine for me as I plan to stay 5 years anyways if this job works out.

Yes.  I saw many folks sit on their options until we closed the doors on the company.  They got $0.  I got two Harleys and countless other toys from dumping my options at the right time.  

Bird in the hand vs. Bird in the bush.  Get some!!  And......"offered"?  Hell, they were given to you.  No cost if you don't exercise.  If employees work hard and make the company profitable, the stock goes up and you have FREE MONEY!!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  I saw many folks sit on their options until we closed the doors on the company.  They got $0.  I got two Harleys and countless other toys from dumping my options at the right time.  

Bird in the hand vs. Bird in the bush.  Get some!!  And......"offered"?  Hell, they were given to you.  No cost if you don't exercise.  If employees work hard and make the company profitable, the stock goes up and you have FREE MONEY!!!!

I have not accepted job yet.  Looking at different offers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have not accepted job yet.  Looking at different offers.

I'd concentrate on the salary part of the offer.  That bird in hand thingy.....  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top