Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
Are there any legal issues pertaining to selling firearms ACCESSORIES and shipping them to someone overseas?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:21:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup don't get caught shipping a suppressor to your buddy in Iraq!.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to buy loads of goodies online from the US, but it now seems easier to get a on a plane and come out and buy them in person.  

Nothing illegal mind you, mainly accessory rails / attachments and magazines.  I was quite interested when the "Armory" thread started, but it seems like there won't be any overseas shipping to start with....
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
more specifically...

Let's say you have a website retail store that sells firearms accessories (mags, optics, slings, bipods, etc.).  Could you sell to a purchaser overseas in Asia?  Europe?  Africa? (No, not the Nigrian scam type)
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Exports from the USA are subject to the export licensing requirements of the Office of Defense Trade Controls, Department of State, Washington, D.C. 20520, (703) 875-6644.

The penalties for infringement are very harsh. You would need an export licence to send an AR buttstock overseas or even a mildot scope.

www.pmdtc.org/reference.htm

ANdy

Plus, some countries have restrictions on IMPORT as well, even if you clear export hurdles.

For example, I was going to send a buddy of mine in Denmark some USGI mags, but read up on Danish law and realized it would be illegal to ship into Denmark.  Many "gun parts" fall into the saw category.  

So you'd have to be very careful about understanding the law int eh destination country- which is particularly tricky, given language barriers (and I'm NOT going to just take someone's word for it, especially if it's the person who wants me to ship something to them).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top