User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 5:11:57 AM EDT

www.newsnet5.com/news/5569327/detail.html?rss=nn5&psp=nationalnews

Father, Son Tag-Team Armed Robbers
Ambulance Called To Take Suspect Away

POSTED: 1:58 pm EST December 18, 2005
UPDATED: 2:11 pm EST December 18, 2005

MILWAUKEE -- A Milwaukee father and son said they thought it was a joke when two men with guns entered their home on Friday night.

But once guns were at their heads, they fought back, reported WISN-TV.

Police said two armed men walked up the stairs, knocked on the door and planned to rob the home of Alfredo Hernandez and his son.

"I saw the pistol ... to my son's head," Hernandez said. "If they were going to shoot anybody, they were going to shoot me."

While one of the men attempted to make off with his son's recording equipment, Hernandez said he wrestled the other man to get the gun away from his son's head.

Hernandez's son also didn't give into the robbery.

"He clenched onto my arm and I just kept punching him till finally I ripped my arm out," said the son, who didn't want his name publicized. "Then we got him down, then I kicked him a couple times."

The man who nabbed the valuables was able to get away, while Hernandez sat on the other robber, trapping him.

By the time police arrived on the scene, Hernandez told WISN-TV, they had injured the man so badly that an ambulance had to come to the home.

Hernandez said he stabbed the man three times in the leg with a cheese knife and his son hit the man in the head with a snow shovel, which authorities took for evidence.

According to Hernandez, the man was screaming for help, begging not be arrested by police.

Hernandez also said the crooks pointed the loaded guns at his daughter and his 3-year-old granddaughter.

With his family in peril, Hernandez said he did what he had to do.

"Oh yeah, I messed him up," Hernandez said. "He came in walking and left in a stretcher."

Hernandez said his favorite movie is "Scarface."

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
OMG this screams "WISCONSIN" on so many levels....
stabbing him with a cheese knife...
hitting him with a snow shovel...

Yup...only in WisCONsin, der hey!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

"Oh yeah, I messed him up," Hernandez said. "He came in walking and left in a stretcher."

This outcome needs to happen more often...  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#3]

According to Hernandez, the man was screaming for help, begging not be arrested by police.

Obviously, they didn't do the job thoroughy enough. If it had been my house, he would be screaming for the police to arrive.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Oh yeah, I messed him up," Hernandez said. "He came in walking and left in a stretcher body bag."

This outcome needs to happen more often...  

All better now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Where's the obligatory "people should just give the robbers what they want" quote from the local PD?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, Mr. Hernandez and son are talking too much. The fine, upstanding, poor, unfortunate choir boy they beat up is going to have a field day in civil court with them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]
how exactly is the fact that Scarface is his favorite movie important?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:45:39 AM EDT
[#8]

WTF?

Left field.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#9]

breaking from the flock and standing up for yourself is only ok in a few instances, provided that you never use a gun.

had this pair shot the man, we would be reading about the father-son team arrested for killing a man in their house.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:43:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Couldn't find his chainsaw...so the cheese knife had to do.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:48:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Couldn't find his chainsaw...so the cheese knife had to do.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Say hello to my little friend
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#14]
"I hate fuckin' Columbians."  Scarface
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

breaking from the flock and standing up for yourself is only ok in a few instances, provided that you never use a gun.

had this pair shot the man, we would be reading about the father-son team arrested for killing a man in their house.

The deal should have been;intruders[career crimminals I'm sure] enter house, walk up stairs and infom Mr. Hernandez that he is being robbed.

Mr. Hernandez puts down TV remote and picks up 12. ga riot gun loaded with three inch magnums.

BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!

BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!

End of story.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Hernandez and Sons Security Consulting Company
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They had to get the liberal bias in there somehow.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#19]
good story
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Where's the obligatory "people should just give the robbers what they want" quote from the local PD?

"That's what 911 is for."

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd be more upset about "the one that got away"..............

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.globalgourmet.com/food/guess/2003/1203/knife.jpg

+1

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:15:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I do not get the Scarface reference...might as well have said "Hernandez favors Brunettes" or "His favorite food is Pizza" or some other non-sensical crap.

Glad they made a stand though.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

WTF?

Left field.

Left-wing, anti-self defense reporter asking leading questions, trying to trap somebody into giving up juicy quotes and into hanging himself.

Rule #1: Never talk to reporters or the police without a lawyer AND a tape recorder present.

This guy just let himself in for the legal ride of his life.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top