ETA:  It's in alkaloids
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
No caffeine in sugar...
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It's extracted using cloroform, then distilled to remove the chloroform. Makes you want to go drink a coke, eh?

In addition to being a stimulant, it's pharmacological qualities include a psychotropic effect on the brain.

See what happens when a spider has a cup of coffee?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:39:57 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not hard to isolate it I believe.

One of my dad's chemists keeps a small test tube of it on his desk. I don't ask why.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's extracted using cloroform, then distilled to remove the chloroform. Makes you want to go drink a coke, eh?

In addition to being a stimulant, it's pharmacological qualities include a psychotropic effect on the brain.

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/npd233/Caffeinated_spiderwebs.jpg

I feel like that lower pic most days I don't get my mountain dew.

+a lot
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:24:53 AM EDT
[#8]
God , because he loves us
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Post the rest of them. If I remember right the one with the spider on LSD is fucking OUT THERE. Kinda feel sorry for the spider trying to make a web all trippin balls.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:30:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post the rest of them. If I remember right the one with the spider on LSD is fucking OUT THERE. Kinda feel sorry for the spider trying to make a web all trippin balls.

www.hashish.net/weblife.html
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Point me to any study that shows the long-term negative effects of caffine on the body. Recent studies indicate that caffine (or at least caffinated coffee) has a net positive effect on the heart.

Making the first pot of the morning now...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#12]
The caffine fairy of course.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:36:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I read that the cola companies say that they put caffeine in cola for FLAVOR! I guess they think the FDA would get involved if they admitted that it is added for the stimulant effect.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:44:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That they add to Coke?

Kola nuts.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I read that the cola companies say that they put caffeine in cola for FLAVOR! I guess they think the FDA would get involved if they admitted that it is added for the stimulant effect.

Better than what they used to put in it.  BTW, I read somewhere that Coca-Cola still uses the coca leaf for flavor, but they extract the cocaine out much like coffee companies de-caffeinate some of their coffee products.  They sell it off to pharmaceutical companies.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#16]
The Kola nut ("cola" in the name) also has caffeine. It was included in the original concoction "French Wine of Coca" when they removed the cocaine, and it became "Coca Cola". The reason for the inclusion of the caffeine was as a substitute for cocaine. Shortly thereafter, caffeine was almost outlawed for the same reasons that cocaine was outlawed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:07:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Mmmmmm coffee.  On third cup right now....
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:09:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better than what they used to put in it.  BTW, I read somewhere that Coca-Cola still uses the coca leaf for flavor, but they extract the cocaine out much like coffee companies de-caffeinate some of their coffee products.  They sell it off to pharmaceutical companies.

They are reportedly the world's biggest single user of coca leaf.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Point me to any study that shows the long-term negative effects of caffine on the body. Recent studies indicate that caffine (or at least caffinated coffee) has a net positive effect on the heart.

It also reportedly prevents alzheimers.

Oooooops, too late for you!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:12:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.hashish.net/weblife.html

Next time I build a spiderweb, I'm gonna drop a hit of acid, or take mescaline or hashish, but for fuck's sake... NO COFFEE!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

... Spiders maybe, but I'm the opposite. Besides, if a spider drank a cup off coffee, I'd has to drink a swimming pool full equivalency
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:56:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I can get pure caffeine for about $50 per pound.

I ordered a bottle of calcium carbonate one time, and received caffeine.
I'm not sure if I used the wrong part number, or if they goofed up on shipping.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get in line. I got dibs on the first cup. Never claimed any long term affect. Having quit caffiene a couple separate times in my life, I have experienced the withdrawal symptoms that accompany it. I don't drink near the amount of it I used to, though.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Uranus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top