Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
HELLS YES!!!!

edit: I want email or phone for that fuck tard lawyer fighting against him.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone have the contact info for that bar.
I want to send them a Christmas card.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The Pleasure Inn tavern at 114 Main St

All I have found so far.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
This guy has balls of steel but they will most likely cost him his business.  The ACLU has a hardon for him and they have deep pockets.  I guess freedom of speach doesn't go both ways.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone got email or whatever for the ACLU so I can call and tell them to go to hell?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I see signs in some places that say spanish is spoken (in spanish)so if I go in there and speak cajun french I should have someone who understands me?  If not then I need civil rights commission to force them to have a cajun french sign . Where will this end? What he should do is make it a private club where you have to join to get in. That will get the civil rights commision going.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]
That sign is worth another look.  

Merry Christmas everyone.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#8]
That's awesome!

I'll have to send the ACLU a nice Christmas card.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:48:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got two questions

(1) Why does anyone think the ACLU is involved?  I don't see that anywhere in the article.

(2) What LAW do these idiots think he is violating?  I don't believe there is any Title 2 (or 7 for that matter) protection for language, so I don't see how this constitutes "discrimination"

... from the Civil Rights Act

Title II
Sec. 201. (a) All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination or segregation on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

These people are idiots and should leave the guy alone.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Superpages yellow book is your friend. Here is the address:
Pleasure Inn
112 East Main Street, Mason, OH 45040
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I've got two questions

(2) What LAW do these idiots think he is violating?  I don't believe there is any Title 7 protection for language, so I don't see how this constitutes "discrimination"

I believe it's some state, rather than federal civil rights deal.

These people are idiots and should leave the guy alone.

+1
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Anyone got email or whatever for the ACLU so I can call and tell them to go to hell?

I sent them a Christmas card. Manger Scene, so they wouldn't think it was a "Holiday Card."

ACLU
18th Floor
125 Broad Street
New York, NY 10004
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top