Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 6:06:17 PM EDT
Hi all,

My customer asked me to paint something Coyote Brown. I would be most grateful if somebody was able to tell me the Federal Standard 595 (FS595) color code. Or if there was any other official way of describing it, i.e. a Pantone color.

BTW, here's a cool web site where you can put in those codes and see the colors:

www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorserver/default.asp?fs=30051

For example, MIL-C-53039 Desert Tan is 33446, and Olive Drab is 34088.

Thanks,

aa
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:41:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for morning crew...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:40:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Another good resource, but alas, no Coyote Brown:

www.simmerspaintshop.com/colours/USA.html
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hi all,

My customer asked me to paint something Coyote Brown. I would be most grateful if somebody was able to tell me the Federal Standard 595 (FS595) color code. Or if there was any other official way of describing it, i.e. a Pantone color.

BTW, here's a cool web site where you can put in those codes and see the colors:

www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorserver/default.asp?fs=30051

For example, MIL-C-53039 Desert Tan is 33446, and Olive Drab is 34088.

Thanks,

aa

Dude, I found something for you.  Coyote brown is the same as Ralph Lauren color 8F11B.

Here is the link where I found it:  link

Although the color is discontinued, the formula should still be out there.

John
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
After about 2 more hours of web searching I've answered my own question.

Coyote Brown is Ralph Lauren (RL) Santa Fe (SF) color 11B (RL SF11B). Obsolete but still can be custom mixed. Natick Labs says it will never be an FS595 color, that there will be a custom color chip for it.

Apparently Dark Earth FS595 30118 is a close match (but not exactly that color).

aa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top