Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 5:20:02 PM EDT
It's about to become bloody freezing in Taipei, and my 1350-watt hairdryer just doesn't heat my house well enough.  Thinking about hitting the beach for a month.

Anyone know where to find a halfway-decent rental apartment for a month or so, and how much one would cost?  About all I need are a bed, a bathroom, and a DSL line, although a fridge and a cooktop might be nice for a change once in a while.  Doesn't need to be right on the beach;  a mile or so away is fine.  Clean and comfortable are my main concerns -- not a roach motel.

Also, any good restaurants?  (I found a few in Bangkok, but didn't find any in Pattaya during my visit.)

MTIA!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#1]
dont know but looking forward to the answer myself
bump
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
nocturnal volleyball team
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Haha, funny thing, i'm heading to Taipei tonight. Can't wait to revisit the nightlife there.

Taipei Nightlife > Seattle Nightlife x10

How cold is it?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know, last time I was there I had a cot in a tent.

Make sure you budget for lots of condoms.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:16:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Haha, funny thing, i'm heading to Taipei tonight. Can't wait to revisit the nightlife there.

Taipei Nightlife > Seattle Nightlife x10

How cold is it?

Actually, yesterday ended up being pretty nice, and today is looking good so far.  It's probably around 60F.  Day before yesterday (and the previous whole week) was cold and drizzly and felt like about 45F or 50F, which is more typical -- about like Seattle should be right now, but it feels colder here (no central heat in most houses, not sure about hotels).  You should definitely bring a medium-to-heavy jacket and rain gear, since that's the typical weather for this time of year.  I haven't seen a forecast (no TV, and I couldn't understand the weatherman anyway), though.

Sounds like you're going to Carnegie's and/or Roxy.  The advice about "lots of condoms" applies.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Pataya as in Pattaya Beach Thailand? Never rented a Condo there but made a port call once. Not as nice as Phuket Island but pretty fun. Look for a place called Marylands and you'll see shit you never could've imagined.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Pataya as in Pattaya Beach Thailand? Never rented a Condo there but made a port call once. Not as nice as Phuket Island but pretty fun. Look for a place called Marylands and you'll see shit you never could've imagined.

Thats a good one, B-O-A-T-S.

Place called Chonburi, near Pattaya is awesome.

But the real action is Phuket @- Blue Canyon, or even better yet..................Phi Phi Islands!

Live like a King!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:13:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats a good one, B-O-A-T-S.

Place called Chonburi, near Pattaya is awesome.

But the real action is Phuket @- Blue Canyon, or even better yet..................Phi Phi Islands!

Live like a King!

I wonder how much of the Phuket i know is still there with the Tsunami and all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top