Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 4:30:17 PM EDT
I brought a friend to a gun show today to buy a M1 carbine.  He is a shooter, not a collector.  We bought him a Plainfield.  It was in real nice shape, good bore, nice wood.  He paid  $430.00 out the door.  I don't know much about these.  I know we bought a commercial gun not a GI.  How did we do?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Too Much!  Local FFL has one on the rack for 275.00. You should have been able to pick up a GI for that price.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't have paid that much.

But I also don't believe USGI's are that cheap anymore. Last gun show I went to in Denver $600+ was the cheapest.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
ss109,  thats what I saw today.  No GI's less that $625, and these were imports.  The only ones cheaper (mid $300's) were the Universals, which I was told to stay away from.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top