Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 11:21:07 AM EDT
Not an hour goes by on this board that someone doesn't scream to sue someone for a perceived wrong.  What gives?  For a group of people who advocate smaller government and the reduction of the 'Nanny State' more lawsuits aren't the answer.  How about things like STFU or 'man up' when someone starts crying about supposedly being wronged.  Now I supposed that I will be named in a lawsuit for suggesting that someone hypothetically 'man up'.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#1]
In today's world, it's much easier to let the lawyers do things for you, either actively or as a threat to go active.

Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what people do now days...

SUE SUE SUE.. always looking to get paid.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Because we'd get banned for screaming "KILL HIM!!!"

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Because we'd get banned for screaming "KILL HIM!!!"

Not only that... it's the only way you can fight back against people who have wronged you, LEGALLY, and make them pay.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#5]
it's the american way
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:48:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Not an hour goes by on this board that someone doesn't scream to sue someone for a perceived wrong.  What gives?  For a group of people who advocate smaller government and the reduction of the 'Nanny State' more lawsuits aren't the answer.  How about things like STFU or 'man up' when someone starts crying about supposedly being wronged.  Now I supposed that I will be named in a lawsuit for suggesting that someone hypothetically 'man up'.

I have decided to sue you as you have offended my delicate sensibilities !
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
50 years ago if someone fucked you over you could kick his ass and, if it was deserved, everyone let it go. Now you would go to jail for assualt and battery, lose your gun rights forever, and never be able to get a decent job again.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
it's the american way

Pretty much  I have no problems with filing suit against someone that needs it (like my mothers lawsuit against a drug company for selling a pill they knew was dangerous) but suing people for stupid shit is just liberal BS.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:51:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have decided to sue you as you have offended my delicate sensibilities !

I will have to sue you as I find your delicate sensibilities offensive.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry 'bout killin' your thread.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I am always joking when I say sue.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Because they don't understand how loooooooong and draaaaaawn-out the process is and that you have no guarantee of winning even if you're in the right.

Most times it isn't worth your time, effort or peace of mind to sue.  But some people have all the time in the world and no conscience.  I had a patient on welfare/Medicaid who was actively pursuing a lawsuit against the neurosurgeon who took her brain tumor out and saved her life.  She was pissed that she was still getting occasional headaches.    
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]
A competent lawyer will tell you whether or not it's worth your time and money to sue; a good one will lay out the possibilities so you can decide.

The condescension toward suing is stupid. As another poster pointed out, our society has been sufficiently feminized that entirely justified ass-whippings and property destruction are punished harshly.

I for one would never vote to convict anybody who hunted down and killed the rogue cops who stole guns in NOLA. The government, however, would treat such an act of social hygeine as First Degree Murder. Take the chain saw guy. He should have his ass beaten, savagely. He should be hospitalized with a feeding tube up his nose. However, even the explanation that he is an arrogant high-handed son of a bitch who stole somebody else's property and attempted to lord it over a free man would be disregarded by the authiorities, and the victim who put him in his place would suffer greatly for administering the lesson.

The choice in most of these cases is not between suing and doing something "manly;" it's between suing and doing nothing.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#14]
If you dont sue, someone will sue you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top