Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 8:14:08 AM EDT
www.tsmoly.com/ts801.shtml

a boat load of companys make the stuff, it looks like black/gray paint when you spay it on, and it dry ina few seconds..

since its dry, no sand/dirt would stick to it, but im wounder how it works when abused?

i use it on my stuff at home, and it seams fine, but im not abuseing it..

www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=dry+moly+spray+lube
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Beeman used to sell a dry  form of moly-sulfide powder as a cylinder lubricant for their airguns; they may still or not. At one point on the network54/FunSupply boards there was a discussion of if it was worth using or not. The arguments against it were that it was would absorb water over long periods of time, resulting in rust. It is a good lubricant in absolute terms, but it doesn't protect against rust damage (and the claim was that) it may even help cause that. SO it is only really good for machinery that (due to ambient temperature conditions) is under no risk from moisture accumulation.

I haven't been able to turn up info on the matter elsewhere, but I no longer use the stuff on my airgun. The lube in question was dry-powder and the instructions stated that if you applied it dry, it would bond to metal as-is. It was never stated to be a rust-preventative, so some people may have been misusing it. On a firearm a bit of rust is an annoyance, but on an airgun, a little bit of rust can mean an expensive rebuild so it was more of an issue in that use.
~
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Rusted ace says "Run'em dry"
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Sentry Solutions sells dry lubes, I ordered some of the BP2000 to use on my P22. I'll see how it works when I get it back from S&W.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sentry Solutions sells dry lubes, I ordered some of the BP2000 to use on my P22. I'll see how it works when I get it back from S&W.

ya, i have that kit from them.. had it for about 8 years now.. it works well, but like i said, im not trying to shoot full auto and have sand and dirt in my gun..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top