Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 5:47:35 AM EDT
I just bought one for my girlfriend. She saw it in the local funstore, held it, and had to have it. It's in 9mm, so she should well be able to control it.

My question is, what is the magazine capacity, and can it accept standard CZ-75 mags?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:59:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Magazine capacity will vary, by model.
There are full-sized, mid-sized, and compact models.
CZ 75B mags won't work without some modification.
There is an excellent mag compatability sticky thread over at CZ Forum Clones

I own both CZ's, and an IMI Jericho (bastard brother to  the Baby Eagle), I find Mec-Gar mags to work best in these guns.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Forgive me for semi-hijacking, but Magnum Research guns have always fascinated me.

Does the Baby Eagle use the same style gas operated system as it's bigger brothers, or is it recoil operated?

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:43:08 AM EDT
[#4]
it is essentially a modified CZ75, which is sort of a modified browning hi power.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Tanfoglio TZ-75 (another bastard brother to the Baby Eagle).  Look here for good prices on mags www.cdnninvestments.com/.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread is worthless without pics... So, pictures of our first range time with the Magnum Research Baby Desert Eagle Semi-compact 9mm.

Her first magazine through it.

And a close up.

And my first magazine through it.

A close up of my group.

Her shooting.

And again.

No stoppages, FTFire, FTFeed, or FTE. Ran perfect. We put just under 200 rounds through it last week, and another hundred over the weekend.

It was plenty accurate, as you can see. Recoil was not bad. My 9 year old brother shot it fine.

She still loves it.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a full sized baby eagle 9mm. I have one of the models marked magnum research and not jerico (before they used them). It uses the CZ-75 mags just fine for me. I use a 20 round mag in it. I have never had one malfunction with this gun. It has shot all ammo extremly well.

It does not have a gas system. However, the older ones have the polygonal rifling. The newer ones are using standard rifling as I understand.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
i was looking one at the show and i thought im gonna get one. please more info? reliable? what about warranty? parts available? upgrades?

how come you block out your face and not your lady?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#9]
The Jericho 941 and Baby Eagle are not bastard brothers; they're the exact same gun with different stampings on the slide.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
On mags;
If it uses the 16 rnd mags, then yes. However, I've heard the 13rnd (compact) mags use a different baseplate then the EAA pistols. they look very similar and I have a couple that came in a plastic bag labeled "EAA Witness compact." Try HARD to get the actual tanfoglio magazines. They are original mags and work great in mine. They are marked with a triangle with a T inside and are usually a glossy finish.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#11]
It's pretty much a CZ-75b clone. The differences are a hard chromed polygonal barrel, full length frame, and different safety "slide mounted". The stock CZ has a better factory trigger but a only 3/4 frame.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Fix her stance and she will be on her way to many hours of shooting pleasure!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The Jericho 941 and Baby Eagle are not bastard brothers; they're the exact same gun with different stampings on the slide.

The Jericho uses a frame safety design, the Baby uses a slide mounted safety lever.

DaddyDett
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, about her stance. She likes the Weaver foot stance, but the triangle arm stance, so she modified both to fit her preference.

And she's not leaning back. She stands that way naturally. She has a slight spine abnormality where the curvature of her lower back is exagerated and the curve of her upper back and neck is practically non-existant. She's in therapy with her chiropractor for it.

I covered my face and not her's for a reason. Ninjas are not after her. And why cover beauty?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Jericho uses a frame safety design, the Baby uses a slide mounted safety lever.

DaddyDett

Not true.

The Baby Eagle is avaliable either way.

IIRC the original Jericho had a slide mounted safety.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]
She would look good anyway that she stands.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#18]
The Jericho is the original IMI pistol. The Baby Eagle is the MRI-imported version.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I've seen one that says "UZI Eagle" on the slide in large white letters.  Must have been some short lived Jericho import.

I have a full-size .40.  fun little gun but the trigger sucks.

Check out the Desert Eagle forum in the handguns section.  Some good info there.

All the baby eagles I've seen have poly rifling...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:32:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I think IMI discontinued the polygonial rifling a while back. Her's is button rifled.

I'll post more pictures of the gun later.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I just bought one for my girlfriend. She saw it in the local funstore, held it, and had to have it. It's in 9mm, so she should well be able to control it.

My question is, what is the magazine capacity, and can it accept standard CZ-75 mags?

Ya want answers I got answers.

Link to Baby Eagle Faq
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:01:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
This thread is worthless without pics... So, pictures of our first range time with the Magnum Research
Her shooting.

Niiiiice mag carrier.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#23]
it will take the "standerd" 9mm cz-75 mags. I I have a cz-75-sa and i swapped mags out with a baby eagle owner and sure nuff they work. also the witness 9mm mags work too. my advice get the 16 rn mec gars. great mags and dirt cheap.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DaddyDett

Not true.

Yer wrong they are right. Deal with it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#25]
We need more pics of her stance from different angles, in order to determine if her stance is in fact correct. Hey, just trying to help out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Forgive me for semi-hijacking, but Magnum Research guns have always fascinated me.

Does the Baby Eagle use the same style gas operated system as it's bigger brothers, or is it recoil operated?

No. The "Baby Eagle" is really just a repackage of the Jericho pistol, which is a derivative of the CZ75.

They seem to be good pistols though.

Jericho owners: How's the triggers on them thangs??
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
On mags;
If it uses the 16 rnd mags, then yes. However, I've heard the 13rnd (compact) mags use a different baseplate then the EAA pistols. they look very similar and I have a couple that came in a plastic bag labeled "EAA Witness compact." Try HARD to get the actual tanfoglio magazines. They are original mags and work great in mine. They are marked with a triangle with a T inside and are usually a glossy finish.

Tanfoglio are made by McGar. Some come from the factory marked that way.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DaddyDett

Not true.

The Jericho 941 I I sold had a frame mounted safety.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:13:56 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. The "Baby Eagle" is really just a repackage of the Jericho pistol, which is a derivative of the CZ75.

They seem to be good pistols though.

Jericho owners: How's the triggers on them thangs??

The trigger on mine is pretty sweet. Better then a beretta trigger that s for damn sure. I owned a beretta and sold it cuz I didn't like it as much as the baby eagle.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DaddyDett

Not true.

The Jericho 941 I I sold had a frame mounted safety.

As it should have. Did you have the 41 conversion barel and all that for yours?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Jericho with slide safety

And another.

And the other side.

And another view of a 941.

A Jericho with a frame mounted safety.

And another 941 with frame safety.

Check this site...
http://www.world.guns.ru/handguns/hg44-e.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top