Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2005 9:07:29 PM EDT

It seems like ever since my wife and I have gotten married, everyone if pressuring us to have kids. I don't want any and she doesn't want any either. I'll admit it. I'm a bit greedy and don't want to spend my hard earned money on a kid. I'd prefer to spend it on myself or my wife and get the toys we want. We don't want the burden of having a child to deal with. Anytime we want to go out, we can go. I don't want to give up that freedom. Plus, the world is over populated as it is. We don't need anymore people. The world is F'ed up enough and I don't want to raise a child into that. Plus what says we have to have a child? NOTHING! You can say that our views will change, but I don't see that happening. I'm 26 and my wife is 24. She feels as strongly about it as I do. Plus it's better to not have them and wish I did than to have them and wish I didn't.

OK.  I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

Kris
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
good for you.

i hope it made you feel better.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
good for you.

i hope it made you feel better.

Yep. Now I can relax.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Good call.  I'm 26 as well and I wouldn't even dream of it.  Bringing children into this world is an act of cruelty.

... at least wait until the revolution is over  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Good for you.  I feel the exact same way about kids.

Tell the people who are pressuring you to get bent.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
We took a vote and we all agreed....

you shouldn't breed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Good for you.  I feel the exact same way about kids.

Tell the people who are pressuring you to get bent.

Or adopt one of thier own.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

you shouldn't breed.

That's another good point. I don't want to taint the gene pool anymore than it already is.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you shouldn't breed.

That's another good point. I don't want to taint the gene pool anymore than it already is.

heh heh. he said "taint"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#9]
tell em you're both sterile.

Or, you could go a step further and stick your balls in the microwave.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#10]
There is nothing like looking into your little ones eyes or seeing them smile.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:24:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I understand the joy that people get from having them, but again, I just don't think it's for me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm 26 and my wife is 24. She feels as strongly about it as I do.

Kris

Take a picture of this moment in your mind and hold onto it.  Then come back to arfcom when she's 28 or 29 and you found her poking holes in the condoms.

Frankly, though, spending several years together without having children is a fine thing.  My parents did it, my brother and his wife have waited a good 5 years and I'm not itching to have rugrats anytime soon either.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand the joy that people get from having them, but again, I just don't think it's for me.

Or having your 9 year old daughter saying daddy let me shoot that again
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Your just young and dumb, Why did you get married? If you are not going to have kids why did you two even get hitched? You are not making sense. And why make a statement like this in public on a forum? It shows your imaturity, keep this shit to yourself,unless you are wanting to get hammered on. What a fargin young dumbass.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont like little kids/babies, so I cant imagine having kids,either. I'm only 20, so I cant say what I may feel like in a few years or 10.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Your just young and dumb, Why did you get married? If you are not going to have kids why did you two even get hitched? You are not making sense. And why make a statement like this in public on a forum? It shows your imaturity, keep this shit to yourself,unless you are wanting to get hammered on. What a fargin young dumbass.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:55:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#20]
After reading your post, I would say that you are obviously not ready to be blessed with God's gift of children you greedy, self-centered sniveling little shit.  You are still a child.  Grow up.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#21]
... Hey shop_rat45, in your defense; I've never wanted children either.

... Do not mistake that for not loving and cherishing them all, because I do - but to each his own.

... I would have made a wonderful Dad, I just have chosen not to.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
After reading your post, I would say that you are obviously not ready to be blessed with God's gift of children you greedy, self-centered sniveling little shit.  You are still a child.  Grow up.  

Look, another
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I get the same feeling from my Akita.

Let's leave beastiality out of it, OK?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Not a thing wrong with not wanting kids. It's not for everyone. That may change as you get older, but only you will know that. I didn't want kids either, but then WHOOPS...... And now I have 2
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#26]
my wife and I were like that, too...wanted no kids and desired the freedom and hassle-free life that would give us.

during our separation and divorce it became clear to me that she didn't feel the same way about it that I did.

women are wired differently.  hopefully, yours won't go nuts on you like mine did, but I'm just sayin...
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:11:40 PM EDT
[#28]
holy  shit! sounds liek we need some Tactical Tampax around here!

The man and wife made up their mind. It's no one else's fucking business what they decide to do with their lives! Get your own fucking life, and let these two people live out theirs as they see fit.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:22:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Nam I give your posts about as much thought as pissing on a electrical socket. I give no thought to them.

I can feel the love
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Um, I agree with the thread starter BUT he did post this on a PUBLIC internet DISCUSSION forum.

True. But is is really necessary for people to go straight to the flames and personal attacks?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:37:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
People with kids feel it is required for us all to have kids, and they get violent about it. So yes to answer your question it is necessary.

...maybe in their eyes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:48:52 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

No kids that's fine but until it happens you don't understand the joy people get..seriously, it changes you in ways that I don't fully appreciate yet (I have 3)
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:49:14 PM EDT
[#36]
In before all the self-righteous bastards who'll tell you that you're the most selfish, insensitive prick to ever draw breath, because you won't shut up and spawn.

I don't want kids.. right now. If it changes, it changes, but if it never does, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Me and my wife used to be that way.  Then, one night it hit her.  She came home and wanted one.  Surprisingly, I found I was open to it too.  Now, I know what the meaning of life is.

Not saying this trying to convert you...just saying that as time goes on you may be surprised that you have a change of heart.  You may not.  To each his own.  

(just my nickels worth)

BUT, don't have them if you are not ready...if you don't want them, to heck with what everyone else says...do what you know is right for you and your wife.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#38]
You just need to learn how to quiet the people who are pressuring you.

Sometimes it can be as easy as telling them directly to stop bugging you about it, but if not get creative.  When someone says something about you having kids just think of something ignorant to pressure them about. Repeat it every time, and they'll back off real quick.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#39]
For what its worth, I agree entirely.  I want nothing to do with kids until I am finacially stable and can actually bring them up right without worrying if I am going to be able to feed them from day to day and keep the lights on.  I want to be mature enough and see enough of life to raise a well-rounded child.  In the mean time, my pups are kids enough for me.  And they are sooo cute!

Quoted:
When someone says something about you having kids just think of something ignorant to pressure them about. Repeat it every time, and they'll back off real quick.

LIke getting their life in order before Armageddon through becoming Druish (reformed).

"Funny, she doesn't look Druish..."
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#40]
but it's the symbol of the all american family.
I agree with you though, don't, and tell anyone who says anything to speak for themselves.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
In before all the self-righteous bastards who'll tell you that you're the most selfish, insensitive prick to ever draw breath, because you won't shut up and spawn.

I don't want kids.. right now. If it changes, it changes, but if it never does, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

+1
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
holy  shit! sounds liek we need some Tactical Tampax around here!

tinypic.com/ipxkt0.gif

The man and wife made up their mind. It's no one else's fucking business what they decide to do with their lives! Get your own fucking life, and let these two people live out theirs as they see fit.

Ummmm, shouldn't that cork be black or urban camo if it's supposed to be "Tactical"?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:20:50 AM EDT
[#43]
I waited till i was 30 to have any kids....that and a NEW wife
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:26:15 AM EDT
[#44]
I just got married to a beautiful lady with a 10 year old.  The boy is at the fun age where you can do things.  We go hunting and shooting all the time.  She and I are looking forward to the time when he moves out and we can go play.  Why is the world would we want any babies?  Kids aren't for everybody folks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:29:23 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

It seems like ever since my wife and I have gotten married, everyone if pressuring us to have kids. I don't want any and she doesn't want any either. I'll admit it. I'm a bit greedy and don't want to spend my hard earned money on a kid.

No offence but it's a good thing for you & her that your parents didn't feel like that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I don't think you do understand.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:33:29 AM EDT
[#47]
My wife and I were married almost 10 years and we were both well into our 30's before little pony came along, and we had bought "more than one doctor more than one Porche" trying to have a kid but I was comfortable with being childless. It meant that I had more time (AND MONEY) for my career and hobbies. Then we just gave up the doctors, the medicine, and a couple of years later we pinked a tinkle strip...(DO NOT BUY YOUR WIFEY A 2-SEATER SPORTS CAR IF YOU DON'Y WANT TO KNOCK HER UP!!!)

That being said, we went on for years hearing all the same BS from The Breeders; "you don't know what you are missing", "you're just being selfish" (we did not want to adopt, for any one of a thousand different reasons), "you're going to be too old some day and you'll be sorry you missed out", ad nauseum...

Sounds like you're not ready to have kids yet, and some people never are ready, and believe it or not that's OK. I know of plenty of unfit parents who keep on having kids anyway. (This in no way implies that you or your bride are unfit.) When people ask you why you don't have any kids, ask them why would they ask such a rude and personal question. (That's what Dear Abby says to do...) It's none of their damn business. Personally, I always got offended when the old ladies would gather around a baby at holiday get togethers and such and then poke their fingers at me and giggle "You're next..." as if we would be the next ones to have a kid. I started using the same line on them at funerals. (paraphrasing comedian Steve Wright.)
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#48]
There is no joy in life that having children cannot cure.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Statisically speaking, If your parents decided not to have children, there is a very high probibility that you won't have any also.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Um, I agree with the thread starter BUT he did post this on a PUBLIC internet DISCUSSION forum.

True. But is is really necessary for people to go straight to the flames and personal attacks?

No, it's not.
The old civility that once existed here is long gone and trolls abound.

As for shop_rat45 I agree he sounds immature but he is at least mature enough to not have kids he doesn't want. Wish more people would do so.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top