Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2001 1:19:30 PM EDT
Are we f*cked or what? [:D]

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010803/bs/markets_crash_dresdner_dc.html[/url]

Some quotes:
``The revisions to productivity next week will undoubtedly leave Mr. Greenspan looking very foolish,'' it said.

``Investing in the U.S. miracle will in retrospect be seen as a sick joke. The markets will be forced to confront this harsh reality on August 7,'' DrKW Global Equity Strategist Albert Edwards wrote.

``Make a date in your diary! The U.S. 'new paradigm' will then be officially revised away! The risks of an equity crash are high,'' he added.
View Quote

My take on it:  his bank must have shorted a bunch of stocks, and the market has been going sideways or up, costing them a fortune.

JMHO, but unless the "revisions" wipe out eight years of solid growth, his statements are pretty ludicrous.

(Edited to make the link active. --71HA)
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My take on it:  his bank must have shorted a bunch of stocks, and the market has been going sideways or up, costing them a fortune.

JMHO, but unless the "revisions" wipe out eight years of solid growth, his statements are pretty ludicrous.
View Quote

Jeeeeeez, predictions from a "leading German-based investment bank".  Kind of like those hypesters and nay-sayers at raging bull or silicone investor, but on a larger scale.  Yea, I think they shorted as well, and are attempting to unbury themselves.

If you talk to 10 different economists, you'll get 15 different predictions.  

Link Posted: 8/3/2001 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Woo hoo! It is going to be "Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse" for real!

I need to buy another box of .22 and .38!
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:15:13 AM EDT
[#3]
 I need to go buy another brick of .22 for the big show down .
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top