Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 5:26:45 PM EDT
So I see an unpaved road between where I am and where I'm going so naturally I take it.  

About 15 miles in after seeing cows, horses and a couple of deer herds I round a corner and come across a fairly large gathering of sheep.

So as I always do when coming across game or stock I slow to a crawl, turn off the stereo and get the camera fired up.  I stop for a minute and they start getting antsy as sheep do so I move forward a few yards and every damn one of them that are looking at me follow my movement with their head.  It's REALLY creeping me out but I figure I've got enough .308 on board if they turn out to be zombies.

So get a few yards further along and find these two watching over the flock.

A few more pics and look back to see this...

The whole damn flock that I passed are now walking in my direction.  I look closer and this son of a bitch is leading them, walking DIRECTLY towards my Xterra...

I let him get to about 15 yards and he's still eyeballing me and not hesitating one bit as he continues to close the distance.  Visions of horns vs. sheet metal cross though my mind and I decided discretion is the better part of valor in this case so I start to drive away.  As I look in the rear view mirror, THIS is what I see...

The whole goddamned flock is now coming onto the road AND FOLLOWING ME.  I put on a little more speed and much to my amazement, they start waking faster!

Ok, I've had enough of this shit so I put the hammer down and some of them START RUNNING TO CATCH UP!

Needless to say 265 horsepower beats 1 sheeppower any day and I quickly left them behind.

Ah, the stuff you NEVER encounter on the Interstate.

I love it.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you driving? A collie?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#2]
[Larry the Cable Guy]Now that right there's funny, I don't care who you are[/Larry the Cable Guy]
ROTFLMAO!!!!

BTW, that ram had some curl.  Too bad you didn't have a tag.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They are accustomed to seeing their sheepherder of Basque heritage.  They still graze the sheep in the high country.  You 2 legged guys in 4 wheel vehicles look alike to sheep.  Next time bring a salt lick.

edited to add:   Great photos.  Well told story.   Glad you had an adventure.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#4]
That is funny!  They thought you were their mother!

Thanks for sharing those pictures, that really cool.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What are you driving? A collie?

Son of a B*tch!

Never take a mouthful of wine before reading an ARFCOM response!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice pictures.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
An * Airwolf* in sheeps clothing? Were you wearing your sheepleflage?  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#8]
you should have stood on the gas and did some sheep bowling.
jk those are cool pictures.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#9]
looks like quite a harem you have there

Lebrew
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Can't for the life of me imagine that this...

looked like mom to any of them.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:06:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Cool, I wonder if they were just doing some rancher induced behavior, like the ranchers throw food out the back of a pickup sometimes.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't for the life of me imagine that this...

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/DSC09758a.jpg

looked like mom to any of them.  

Hahaha, I thought you were driving some sort of wool car.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Not to be nosy, but i've been watching your threads cause they are real interesting, love the updates you are giving. Where are you now? Do you have any ideas where you will settle down now, or what you plan on doing?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top