Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 4:51:40 PM EDT
Read Part 1 here:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=397404&page=1

Well the home brew I made this October has been fermented, moved to age in the secondary for about 4 weeks, kegged, forced carbonated, chilled, and ready to drink!

Here's 10 gallons of the homebrew kegged, carbonated, and chilled:

My CO2 tank, holds 10lbs of CO2, I keep it disconnected from the kegs, a while back I forced carbonated a keg with the CO2 system on, one of the valves didn't seal and I lost a 1/2 tank of CO2

When time to serve I simply remove one of the chilled kegs, hook up a cobra tap to it:

then dispense

Bam!  1 frothy cold mug of brown ale!

Took a pic outside in better light so you can see the color of it

I'll then rinse out the cobra tap, top off with CO2 and put the keg back in the fridge.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
hear that knock on the front door???  

It's me    
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Just curious, what's the alcohol content?

What do you strive for?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there in about 4 hours.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Cheers!  
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just curious, what's the alcohol content?

What do you strive for?

I broke my hyrometer a long time ago and never replaced it, I'm guessing it's about 5% range, full bodied.  22 lbs of grain for 10 gallon batch.

Oh did I mention it's FRESH!  It's unfiltered and unpasteurized.  Most of the yeast is removed when racking from the primary fermenters to the secondary, then what's left in the secondary sinks to the bottom and doesnt make it to the kegs
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Where's your kegerator man??  Just drill a hole in the front and run the tap straight out.  Warning: wifes may not approve of doing this to the kitchen fridge.

Germans have been drinking yeast with their beer for a few hundred years so don't be afraid of a little yeast adding flavor to the brew.  

Have one for me.  I would brew beer at home but I would weigh 300 pounds in no time flat.  An old roomie of mine was a terrific home brewer and we enjoyed many a soda keg of fresh beer and cheap cigars on the front porch.....ah the good old days!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm - looks tasty.  I've got a bag 'o' brass I could trade for some of that brew . . .

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top