Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 6:44:42 AM EDT
Any day, Mr. President.  You can close the border any day now.

WorldNetDaily

HOMELAND INSECURITY
51 terror suspects nabbed trying to enter U.S. illegally
'If this isn't a wake-up call to our lax border security, I don't know what is'

Posted: December 15, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Caption: Rep. Tom Tancredo

At least 51 people who crossed the border illegally have been arrested on suspicion of terrorism since such tracking began 14 months ago, according to figures released to Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo., by the Department of Homeland Security.

Tancredo, a leading congressional advocate of immigration reform, says the figures document the national security risk the nation's porous borders pose on the eve of Congress' first attempt in nearly a decade to rewrite immigration law.

Since October 2004, the Joint Terrorism Task Forces have kept track of arrested terrorist suspects who are in the U.S. illegally.

The JTTF document released to Tancredo shows 51 people were arrested who had "entered without inspection" into the U.S. from countries such as Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Egypt, Syria and Pakistan.

"If this isn't a wake-up call to our lax border security, I don't know what is," said Tancredo. "What scares me is not this list from federal law enforcement – after all, we've already caught those terrorists. What scares me is the potentially hundreds of terrorists who make their way through our porous borders each year and go undetected."

The suspected illegal alien terrorists were arrested on a wide variety of charges, from smuggling weapons to illegally wiring large sums of money into the country, the document says.

Tancredo noted that this week, the House of Representatives is scheduled to complete a bill to strengthen border security and help enforce immigration laws.

"Judging by these terrorism figures, Congress is not acting a moment too soon," said Tancredo. "Knowing what we know now, what could Congress say if a terrorist attack occurred that secure borders would have prevented? We've relied on our good fortune for too long – we must protect Americans by stopping terrorists before they get here."

Last month, Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, head of the Senate Judiciary Committee's subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Citizenship, said he's been shown "anecdotal evidence" suggesting an Arabic presence along the U.S.-Mexico border. He noted the Bush administration has not publicly released the information because it is "a matter of intelligence."

Caption: Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas

Also in November, WorldNetDaily reported U.S. Rep. John A. Culberson, also a Texas Republican, said there had been an increase in apprehensions of so-called "special interest aliens," or SIAs, along the border – many from countries where al-Qaida is known to operate.

In testimony Nov. 10 before the House Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security and Claims, Culberson – a member of the congressional Immigration Reform Caucus headed by Tancredo – told the panel, "I am particularly concerned that aliens from countries such as Iraq, Iran, Syria, Indonesia and the Sudan are entering our country illegally."

In January, the discovery in Texas of a jacket featuring an Arabic military badge and an airplane headed toward a tower with the words "Midnight Mission" fueled fears of a possible connection to terrorism.

Caption: Patch depicting plane flying toward tower with words 'Midnight Mission'

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:48:48 AM EDT
[#1]
they're just coming up here to do the terrorist attacks that americans wont do
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Unless they're students at the University of Oklahoma...

Seriously though, I've been concerned for quite a while that Islamoterrorists would try to recruit at our schools.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
nothing to see here, move along. Jorge has everything undser control, vinnie assures him so.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
What is really frightening is the 51 terror suspects represent a tiny percentage of those who succesfully cross our border illegally.

Two tall fences and armed patrols would certainly help, but at the cost of hispanic voters.
I just don't see any politician isolating such a large demographic by shutting down the border with Mexico.

Now that GW's time is up, he should be pressing the issue vigorously.

We're fucked!

HS1
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:41:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i.b5z.net/i/u/1061492/i/MVC-020S.JPG

HA!

Man, no kidding.  Unfortunately, (sometimes) the 2 other alternatives are either worse or un-electable.

Then there's the Flip-Floppers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top