Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 5:20:26 PM EDT
Mary J. Blige article in the Guardian

here's the snippet

She is a happier person than she was, but she doesn't think America's changed at all when it comes to race relations. "The blacker you are, the worse it is for you. If you're mixed, you've got a shot. If you cater to what white America wants you to do and how they want you to look, you can survive. But if you want to be yourself, and try to do things that fit you, and your skin, nobody cares about that. At the end of the day, white America dominates and rules. And it's racist."

She seems to have done OK considering how horrible it is for black Americans.....

Don't ya think?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone needs to us his pimp hand and keep that biatch in line
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was "The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice.".
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]

She is a happier person than she was, but she doesn't think America's changed at all when it comes to race relations. "The blacker you are, the worse it is for you. If you're mixed, you've got a shot. If you cater to what white America wants you to do and how they want you to look, you can survive. But if you want to be yourself, and try to do things that fit you, and your skin, nobody cares about that. At the end of the day, white America dominates and rules. And it's racist."

Whatever.

She's got more money than most white guys I know.

Oh yeah, they had to work for it, Mary J.........
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:24:11 PM EDT
[#4]
What a hypocrite. On one hand, she's quite black, and she seems to be doing pretty well. On the other hand, she implies that she caters to the whims of white America because she is successful.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I was born a poor black child...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
How I'm s'posed to achieve mah maximun potential when the mufukin man got his boot on mah neck?

Some people need to make up an excuse for their short commings.  If you lay on your lazy ass and wait for a check you can blame your lack of motivation on dem mean ole 'publicans or white people.

Someone tell me again why it's wrong to take a club to these blame game assholes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF does she mean "Do things that fit your skin"?

White American does not want you to act white. They want you to conduct yourself in a respectable manner no matter what you skin color is. You act like trash and you will be set on the curb like trash.
The rules of life are simple to understand and follow.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#8]
What a total loser that bitch is!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate to say this,but the whiteness of America sickatates me
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Give me an F-in break!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Just more of the same.

Is isn't 'the man' holding blacks back in society. It's people like her, and Jackson, and Sharpton. It's the black students who accuse other black students of "acting white" if they try to do well in school. It's the apologists who want "ebonics" recognized as a language. It's the affirmitave action types telling blacks that they can't cut it without extra help. It's a whole sub-culture which sees nothing wrong with the concept of "my baby daddy" instead of "my husband".  It's the liberal culture which holds up a welfare mother with five kids by who knows whom as some sort of a hero.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#12]

So, it's the white folks that are buying her CDs and tickets to her concerts? I don't think so.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
You are what you make of yourself. Thats how it works in America.  If you sit on your ass and wait for a handout you are not going to get anywhere significant.

Last time I looked

Colin Powell
Condi Rice
Oprah
Freeman
Cosby

All BLACK and all successful and more rich then I will ever be.

So this stupid cunt needs to STFU and get her head out of her fat black ass.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:47:47 PM EDT
[#14]
It must be GWB's fault

Who has the hotline to Jessie Jackson?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

+1. AFAIK, dressing decently, being respectful, working hard, and avoiding annoying other people are not linked to skin tone, any more are than being lazy, dressing like a pimp/whore/thug, playing your car stereo loud enough to force people 3 lanes over to listen to it, and producing legions of bastard babies.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You are what you make of yourself. Thats how it works in America.  If you sit on your ass and wait for a handout you are not going to get anywhere significant.

Last time I looked

Colin Powell
Condi Rice
Oprah
Freeman
Cosby

All BLACK and all successful and more rich then I will ever be.

So this stupid cunt needs to STFU and get her head out of her fat black ass.

You forgot Micheal Jordan,he has more money than Jesus and allmost as much as Bill Gates
You cant convince these people with facts and logic,they operate on emotions.If you are looking for a reason to go around pissed off and offended,you wont have to look far to find it
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#17]
She's kinda right  if your talking about the music industry. Blacks are SO into the latest and greatest, that they get rid of acts really fast.
The artist"s(?) that caiter to a more general crowd, like Puff diddy combs whatever or even Snoop stick around way longer.
To me it is more a problem with the Black community, they won't support thier own lomg term.

Yes , I do work in slums, so I'm not talking out my ass.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1. AFAIK, dressing decently, being respectful, working hard, and avoiding annoying other people are not linked to skin tone, any more are than being lazy, dressing like a pimp/whore/thug, playing your car stereo loud enough to force people 3 lanes over to listen to it, and producing legions of bastard babies.

She's the one being racist insinuating that being a certain color means you need to do things a certain way.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:56:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

White American does not want you to act white. They want you to conduct yourself in a respectable manner no matter what you skin color is. You act like trash and you will be set on the curb like trash.
The rules of life are simple to understand and follow.

Well stated!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#21]

If you cater to what white America wants you to do and how they want you to look, you can survive.

What they call "White America" the rest of us call "civilized"
Don't be suprised you don't get hired when you show up to your job interview in African Tribal robes.
I don't show up in a kilt with my face painted blue, so why should you be any different?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:21:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Who cares what Mary J. Bilgepump thinks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top