Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2005 9:33:48 AM EDT
I remember seeing a post with an essay about why running as a gungrabber democrat is a good way to not get elected and why it's a dead issue for the democrats.  I think it might have come from DU.  Anybody got it still or can link me to something similar? Looking for something to send a local democrat who is running as a gungrabber.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Nobody remembers this?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't know what you're talking about, but tell the Brady's, Feinstein, Schumer, Kennedy etc that it's a dead issue.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#3]
don't know, but my essays for English 102 were all on how gun control is a failed idea. The easiest essays I have ever written
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:10:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I know what you're talking about, but I don't have it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, anyone got links to stories about the failure of ballistic fingerprinting programs?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a dead issue. It sells well to the Democratic base, but is a loser in swing states and red states.

If you're a Democrat, you'll like gun control. But you'll already be voting Democratic for two dozen other reasons, so gun control as an issue doesn't gain any votes to Democratic candidates. On the other hand, it can cause Democrat-leaning voters to vote the other way. The prototypical example is the union guy who has his union leaders telling him to vote for Kerry while the NRA is telling him Kerry is a gun grabber. Odds are the union guy is going to think hard before voting Kerry.

In swing states--Florida, Ohio, Pennslyvania, some upper midwest states--the above demographic is large enough to swing the state against Democrats.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I remember it. It was by some Oklahoma-based democrat, if I recall.

Can't help you on a link though.

NTM
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
running as a gungrabber democrat is a good way to not get elected and why it's a dead issue for the democrats.

Someone obviously forgot to send the memo to:

Sen. Dianne Fienstien, Sen, Ted Kennedy, Sen. Barak Obama, Sen. Charles Schumer, Sen. Hillary Clinton, Sen. John McCain, Sen. Carl Levin, Sen. Debbie Stabenow, Sen. Barbara Boxer, Sen. Joe Biden, Sen. Joe Liberman, Sen. Dick Durbin, Sen. John Kerry, Sen. Robert Byrd, Sen. Harry Reid, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, Rep. John Conyers, Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee, Rep. Sander Levin, Rep. Charlie Rangel, Rep. Pete Kucinich, Gov. Arnold Schwartzenager, Gov. Mitt Romney, Gov. Rod Blagojevich, Gov. Jim Doyle, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Mayor Gavin Newsom, Mayor Richard Daley, Mayor Thomas Memino, Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and the entire city council for the city of Columbus Ohio. And that's just for starters!

Gun control will NEVER be a dead issue! NEVER!

When we stop fighting, we will lose!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I remember seeing a post with an essay about why running as a gungrabber democrat is a good way to not get elected and why it's a dead issue for the democrats.  I think it might have come from DU.  Anybody got it still or can link me to something similar? Looking for something to send a local democrat who is running as a gungrabber.

The Democrats are only pretending that gun control is a dead issue.  They want to get elected while "stealthing" their way on this issue.  Once they are back in power, they will be right back at it.

Steve
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
don't know, but my essays for English 102 were all on how gun control is a failed idea. The easiest essays I have ever written

What grades did you get?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#11]
If it's what I think it is, I've got it.  IM me your email address and I'll send it.

The essay it titled "Democrats and the Gun Issue".
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Gun control is not a dead issue, it is just a stealth issue. Dems won't run on it in swing states or red states but they will still try to enact "reasonable safety rules for the children and law enforcement".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top