Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:25:38 AM EDT
Did ammo and gun prices spike?  Was availability low?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Why, do you have information on an upcoming "price spike?"
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#2]
On 9/11, the guys tht worked at cheaper than dirt with me said that they actually forklifted pallets of ammo from the warehouse, and put them in the parking lot. One of the guys said a single guy bought over 10k rounds at once. It was pure madness, and the busiest day the store ever had. I think we did over 100k in sales that day.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
well back then you could actually find 7.62x39 ammo
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:38:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm still waiting on the BATF ar-15 production stats for the last 2 years. That should tell us something. I wonder why those guns havn't been placed on the market yet by jumpy soccer moms.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:39:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On 9/11, the guys tht worked at cheaper than dirt with me said that they actually forklifted pallets of ammo from the warehouse, and put them in the parking lot. One of the guys said a single guy bought over 10k rounds at once. It was pure madness, and the busiest day the store ever had. I think we did over 100k in sales that day.

Hehe, well even democrats were buying guns after that.  Did you guys hold prices steady for the weeks to follow?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:40:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm still waiting on the BATF ar-15 production stats for the last 2 years. That should tell us something. I wonder why those guns havn't been placed on the market yet by jumpy soccer moms.

Probably because the world hasn't gotten any safer
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehe, well even democrats were buying guns after that.  Did you guys hold prices steady for the weeks to follow?

I dont know, I lived in Cali at the time. I assume we didnt hike the prices, because the boss isnt a dick.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:50:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably because the world hasn't gotten any safer

True. Unfortunately. But at least the Ar-15 is starting to go mainstream. Not really as evil and rare as it once was.  

I remember 6-7 years ago when I would rarely see EBRs at the range. Now at least 1 guy (not including myself) has an EBR. Most people don't give it a second look because they are everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:27:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know of a priceing increase. I do know that every gunshop I went into that day was packed, Rifles, pistols, and ammo was flying out the doors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top