Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 2:22:01 AM EDT
In my satellite package with Dish Net, I was receiving CNN. This Summer they added MSNBC. Well, I started flipping through the news channels this morning and saw that MSNBC was no longer there. But flipping on down to channel 205 revealed that Fox News was. I'll take that trade! But I must admit, I wish they'd have pulled the plug on CNN instead. IMHO, MSNBC is better than CNN and much more balanced. But I'll gladly take Fox over either. So thanks Dish Net.

Wonder how this came about anyway? Maybe they can tell what sort of programming I watch. LOL. It's almost always something military related, so perhaps they concluded I was conservative and gave me the hookup.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:37:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!

You got lucky.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure about that?  I checked out Dish Network programming and if you get FoxNews on 205, you also get MSNBC on 209.

I've been with Dish since 1996, and I've had FoxNews for years.  MSNBC is still on my satellite.

Did you set up some 'personal guides' on your satellite receiver so that you're only getting a short list of channels?  Hit the Guide button on the remote until it says "All Subs" in the display.  That will be all of the channels you can watch.  Both Fox and MSNBC should be there.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:31:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are you sure about that?  I checked out Dish Network programming and if you get FoxNews on 205, you also get MSNBC on 209.

I've been with Dish since 1996, and I've had FoxNews for years.  MSNBC is still on my satellite.

Did you set up some 'personal guides' on your satellite receiver so that you're only getting a short list of channels?  Hit the Guide button on the remote until it says "All Subs" in the display.  That will be all of the channels you can watch.  Both Fox and MSNBC should be there.

Nope. It's showing Fox and CNN as channels I subscribe to while it's showing MSNBC as now being in a package I don't get (it's listed in red). That would not really seem all that odd to me if it wasn't for the fact that this was a complete switch-a-roo.

Oh well, like I said, I'm not complaining. Hehe.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Same thing with me. I noticed it last night. I guess it's my Christmas present from Dish Network. I'll send them a happy letter.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Good riddance to PMSNBC and a BIG welcome to Fox!

Congrats...you are a lucky man!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#6]
It's time for a thank you e-mail that can be forwarded to programming executives!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#7]
WOW , now if I can just get the Military Channel in the basic package, I'm to cheap to spend that much for the top package.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#8]
You can actually stand to watch the news period?

Bravo to you man, all of the msm makes my head hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top