Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 7:10:20 PM EDT
Thought the ending was BS, I think that Randall should have let Rebecca take on the other project. What do you guys think (who ever watched it as well)???
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump poll added!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Trump should give me half of his money,why you ask? because i need it for my plans to invade Canada.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:45:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Randall was running scared and didn't want Rebecca to upstage him, which she would have done if they were both hired.  Personally I think Randall should have said "Mr. Trump I think you should consider Rebecca for a position in the Trump organization sometime in the future but tonight as "The Apprentice" there should only be one."  That way he would be gracefully giving her a chance while still keeping his title as the Apprentice.  I think he was a dick the way he handled it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Teh Ghey!   You people really watch that stuff?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:51:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Trump should of fired Randall right then and there infront of his family. He did not at all agree with him and he is the boss. I was a big supporter until I lost all respect there.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Randall was running scared and didn't want Rebecca to upstage him....

I highly doubt, with his background and historical accomplisments, that he was "running scared" of a 23 year old "journalist".
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Randall was running scared and didn't want Rebecca to upstage him....

I highly doubt, with his background and historical accomplisments, that he was "running scared" of a 23 year old "journalist".

Sure he was.  Trump loved Rebecca and Rebecca bitch slapped Randall a couple times in front of Trump in the board room.  Randall knew that if she was hired she would jump in front of the camera, be the little engine that could, and would get all the press.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Trump should hire his hair(piece).  It's gotten more press than any of the contestants.

ETA:  Didn't it happen before that a guest suddenly cancel at the last minute?  And another time weather turned bad?  Did Trump borrow a weather machine from Bush?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Randall was running scared and didn't want Rebecca to upstage him, which she would have done if they were both hired.  Personally I think Randall should have said "Mr. Trump I think you should consider Rebecca for a position in the Trump organization sometime in the future but tonight as "The Apprentice" there should only be one."  That way he would be gracefully giving her a chance while still keeping his title as the Apprentice.  I think he was a dick the way he handled it.

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I have to tape the show as I'm doing this from work.
I'll let you know sometime this weekend when I have time to watch it.

In the meanwhile....

Should my next pistol be a 1911A1 or a H&K Tactical?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:15:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
...Should my next pistol be a 1911A1 or a H&K Tactical?

yes!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...Should my next pistol be a 1911A1 or a H&K Tactical?

yes!

Why didn't you say:

Get Both!

?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:42:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I say: Trump's ego will kill this show. He's really gone bad lately.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#14]
I supported Randall until the end.

He really looked like a dick.

Did anyone else hear Caroline say, "That's unfortunate"?  The camera was not on her, but she said it.

I had a gut feel Trump would hire both, and Randall was truly a selfish dick.  I lost ALL respect for him at that point.

Lab
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I supported Randall until the end.

He really looked like a dick.

Did anyone else hear Caroline say, "That's unfortunate"?  The camera was not on her, but she said it.

I had a gut feel Trump would hire both, and Randall was truly a selfish dick.  I lost ALL respect for him at that point.

Lab

Maybe Trump likes 'em that way?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:56:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Trump could still hire Rebecca for the new project in Jersey City.  I would.  She not only outclassed Randall, but she's a nice slice of pie.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:02:55 AM EDT
[#17]

After Randall rejected the idea of hiring Rebecca, I thought The Donald was going to say, "Randall, that was your first mistake as my employee and now your last. You have to identify talent that I like and who to hire.  Randall, you're fired.  Rebecca, you're hired."   Followed by Alla having a heart attack.

Now that would have been good television.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Trump could still hire Rebecca for the new project in Jersey City.  I would.  She not only outclassed Randall, but she's a nice slice of pie.

Trump would be a fool to let her get away.  I'm sure he will hire her, just not as "The Apprentice".

Rebecca    
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I liked Randall until the end as well.   He was a real dick when he denied Rebecca.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1

Rebecca is hot, attractive and sharp
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Randall has no class, and WTF is "Apprenti".

Trump should have fired Randall for his assholeness on the spot and hired the chick.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Randall was an "Asshole in the First Degree" because of that comment.  

Rebecca did a much better job than he did.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#23]
I had a feeling last night that Randal's decision would get him some backlash.   I think he tried to explain it as no to apprentice and yes to a hire, though under the pressure of the moment he fucked up.   He should of took a moment or even asked the audience.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

After Randall rejected the idea of hiring Rebecca, I thought The Donald was going to say, "Randall, that was your first mistake as my employee and now your last. You have to identify talent that I like and who to hire.  Randall, you're fired.  Rebecca, you're hired."   Followed by Alla having a heart attack.

Now that would have been good television.

No kidding........
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:53:40 PM EDT
[#26]
The ending is a real jaw-dropper.  And Randall can't blame his decision on the pressure of the moment if he could actually think of the world "apprenti" but couldn't muster one ounce of decency.  What a prick.

And what, exactly, do all these "apprenti" do anyway?  And wouldn't some of Trumpy's current employee get real pissed off that after years of loyal services, they get passed over for a reality show contestant?

"You want the report when?  Sure, you backstabbing mofo."

ETA:  How many of you were thinking of Alla and Felisha hitting it when they were the last two in their group?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:56:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't believe Rebecca is only 23.  She seems to have a good head on her shoulders for that age.  Randall is an asshat; I wanted him to win right up to the point that he said that.  By not firing him on the spot Trump really missed an opportunity to have more people talking about the show.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#29]
People watch that shit?  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I had a feeling last night that Randal's decision would get him some backlash.   I think he tried to explain it as no to apprentice and yes to a hire, though under the pressure of the moment he fucked up.   He should of took a moment or even asked the audience.

to eloquently reply no to apprentice, yes to hire would have been very smooth...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to eloquently reply no to apprentice, yes to hire would have been very smooth...

For what Trump will be paying him, he SHOULD be that smooth, but Rebecca seemed to be able to handle pressure a lot better than he could.  I guess there's more to life than getting good grades...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:17:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Well, neither my wife or I felt Randal was scared.  Nor does anyone here in my office.

He was scared when he was doing the task and it rained, but he had his "attack" together in the final interview.

He was 3-0, she was 1-2.  Nobody who had worked with both people thought that highly of her in comparison to Randal.  She broke her ankle and stuck it out.  He lost his grandmother and stuck it out.

She is a journalist, he runs a $1M+ business.

Carolyn was hard on Randal about the weather because she manages Trumps Golf courses and course events.  She knows firsthand about preparing contingencies for weather.

Little Ms. Cutie pie dissed Trump when he arrived.  He made a big deal about this two shows ago.  Randal came out and walked him in...

The guy has 5 degrees.  Undergrad at Oxford, a Rhode scholar.  He has a master's from MIT.

I guarantee that the little girl didn't even phase him, other than Trump kept saying how nice and loyal she was....

Apparently Trump saw through the good looking little girl and picked someone capable of being a business leader.

Scared?  Hardly.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I couldn't disagree more Shivan.

That's fine...

Randalls's eyes were like saucers the whole show.  You could hear his voice getting higher and more desperate.

From watching the shows I believe those were his standard mannerisms.  His face was definitely "different".

He could tell, as could just about anyone else, that Goerge and Carolyn were against him.

I don't think they were against him, as I think they were "in" on Trumps desire to change it up and hire them both.

Carolyn HAMMERED little Miss with the fact that she raised ZERO dollars for Elizabeth Glazer's charity.  So did George, George nearly came out of his seat with his strenous objection to her reasoning for not asking for money.

And running a company doesn't make you tough.

Is he hiring a BOXER or a business APPRENTICE?

BTW, she ended up 1-3, Randal ended up 4-0 on the tasks.

Further, the task was to successfully raise funds for the charity while running a "successful" event.

If Trump had held to the TRUE nature of the task, she would have lost without discussion -- HOWEVER that doesn't make for good TV now does it?

Something like, "So let's compare gross receipts for the charity donations:  $11,000 to $0"

"Elizabeth Glazer Foundation:  How do you feel about getting NO donations from the event? Does your organization feel the event was successful for your cause?"

Seems like a few too many men here are thinking with thier little head.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:55:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

She is a journalist, he runs a $1M+ business.

Anyone notice in his company meeting that all his employees and partners were black? Just an observation.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I think your giving him a 4-0 record might be a little presumptious.  If you are going to give him a successful rating you have to give her one to, for the final tasks.  Trump, George, and Carolyn said roughly the same about each one's perfomance.  "You made mistakes, but you did well." or something to that effect.  There's little doubt in my mind that Yahoo would have dropped her like a hot rock if she had blown them off on the fundraising issue.

OK, so she finishes 2-2 and he finishes 4-0.

Then still there is the matter of having a quantifiable objective of raising money for the charity while hosting an ambigiously "successful" event.

Randal raised $11,000+$50,000 = $61,000.
Little Miss Pie raised $0 + $50,000 = $50,000

A 22% loss to Randal.

If you take raw numbers before Yahoo's guilt contribution, she lost 11,000 to 0.  The MAIN objective, as pointed out by Trump, George and Carolyn, was to raise money.  The secondary objective was to satisfy the party/event sponsors.

This was a very clear loss.

To me this should have never been a decision at all.  Randall would have been fired on the XM Radio episode. That was just gross incompetence.

And litte Miss should have been canned when she went to bat for Toral, and refused to put her on the line for firing because Toral took her to the hospital.

HOWEVER, Trump likes loyal employees and he felt that if she is loyal to a slack ass bitch, she would probably be REALLY loyal to Donald Trump.

I don't remember ever seeing him just get in someone's business and TELL them how things were going to be.  To me, the only reason he was a good leader was be cause he is the "nice guy" that happens to be smart, have good ideas, etc.

Quite honestly I've seen all kinds of powerful people use all different manner of motivational techniques.  Some people NEVER need to have their temper flare in order to keep their people moving and motivated.  Apparently, Randal is one of those people.

And if you do "business development" full-time for your company, you aren't running it, you're doing the advertising and client schmoozing.

Who knows, he started the business with three college roommates.  At some point he was "running the business", at some point he was involved in the success of the business, not just writing about someone else's successes.

If Trump was on his toes and wanting truly "GOOD TV", he would have hired her anyway.  I am shocked he didn't.

Absolutely agreed!  When the final commercial break came, I ran up to the wife and said, "I will bet you my M16 that he hires both of them."

Luckily she refused the bet.  However, she was shocked that he even thought about doing it.  

On a side-note, I would love to see just EXACTLY what all of the candidates really do own or run, business-wise.  I get the impression that some details are grandized for the show.

Of course they are staged up, it would suck if you just showed normal small business success stories.  Small business successes usually happen due to hard work and not some nice office buildings or other assets.  You know?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top