Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2001 9:51:47 AM EDT
Its going to make land fall somwhere on the Gulf Coast, probably Louisiana.  Got your hurricane and flood preperations in place?
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
My momma lives on Grand Isle. She already left for Lafayette. Flood warnings in effect in the lower parishes and barrier islands. Bon chance.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Always ready for action!  Now I just have to wait for its remains to reform into a low off Cape Hatteras!

[IMG]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=192182&a=1409106&p=49839910&Sequence=0&res=high[/IMG]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Watching the Weather Channel every couple of hours. It is (the eye anyway) about due South of us now. Should go into Lousiana late this weekend. I have a generator and canned foods for the family, a case of MRE's for me 'cause it it does hit here I'll be out in it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
The big problem in Florida turned out to be the rain.  Some places got amounts measured in feet. They have had lots of flooding, but not much wind damage this time.

Get your stuff up off the ground, generators and stored supplies arent much good if they are sumbmerged, its starting to look like it isnt going to make it to hurricane status.  But Lousiana is gonna get VERY wet.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 4:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes. Buying plenty of beer and ice and potato chips.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I plan on keeping an eye on it. I'm about 20 miles from the coast.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
hurricane!? ahhhhh[:|] no big deal
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top