Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 5:33:47 PM EDT
I just got my weekly mailing from the NRA telling me that if I don't join, I'll be the Anti-Christ, everyone will lose their Second Amendment rights, and everyone will blame me for it. My question is, who makes the biggest difference in the pro-gun fight? The last time I was an NRA member, they spent mega bucks beating me up every week with send-us-more-money mailings and what did they do?- they built that frigging museum for what?- 13 million? If I am going to spend the money, I want it to work for it's intended purpose, not redundant mailings soaked with guilt-ridden rhetoric or some lame-ass museum. Who gets the money?

A Patriot
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
dejavu
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF!!!!!!!

$13 million towards a goddamn museum?!?!

and people criticize me for not joining that asshat organization... unbelieveable
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You bring up an interesting point.

This topic has never been covered here before.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck You
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Save your money. Somebody else will step up and pull your sorry ass dead weight.

Good thing you're not an Army or Marine recruiter... "Yeah, sign up kid- you'll be dead in six months but at least your Suzy Rottencrotch girlfriend will be able to wine and dine your best friend whom she is now screwing behind your back- WELCOME ABOARD!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:50:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
WTF!!!!!!!

and people criticize me for not joining that asshat organization... unbelieveable

Has it occurred to you that presenting U.S. firearms history might be part of preeserving your Second Amendment rights?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF!!!!!!!

hat

Has it occurred to you that presenting U.S. firearms history might be part of preeserving your Second Amendment rights?

Or showing you what you lost because they pissed away the money on the museum. $13 million would have gone a long way towards buying off... I mean, galvanizing pro-gun votes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Fuck You
NRA LIFE MEMBER

+1 and the horse you rode in on. I don't care what people think of the NRA right now, the fact is that without them we would have lost 99% of our firearms by now.

NRA Endowment Member
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#12]

SO DON'T JOIN ALREADY you bitter crybaby,

We'll carry your dead weight around like we always have.

WOW!!!   $35 WHOLE DOLLARS A YEAR.  BETTER THINK REALLY REALLY HARD ABOUT SPENDING THAT BIG SUM OF MONEY.  DON'T LET NRA GET ANY OF IT.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Save your money. Somebody else will step up and pull your sorry ass dead weight.

Good thing you're not an Army or Marine recruiter... "Yeah, sign up kid- you'll be dead in six months but at least your Suzy Rottencrotch girlfriend will be able to wine and dine your best friend whom she is now screwing behind your back- WELCOME ABOARD!!

You know what?  Any gun owner that's so stupid that he's AGAINST the NRA is beyond help.   So why be polite to them?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I just got my weekly mailing from the NRA telling me that if I don't join, I'll be the Anti-Christ, everyone will lose their Second Amendment rights, and everyone will blame me for it. My question is, who makes the biggest difference in the pro-gun fight? The last time I was an NRA member, they spent mega bucks beating me up every week with send-us-more-money mailings and what did they do?- they built that frigging museum for what?- 13 million? If I am going to spend the money, I want it to work for it's intended purpose, not redundant mailings soaked with guilt-ridden rhetoric or some lame-ass museum. Who gets the money?

A Patriot

Welcome to the site. And thank you for rehashing an old, tired, lame, counterproductive idea.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck You
NRA LIFE MEMBER

+1 and the horse you rode in on. I don't care what people think of the NRA right now, the fact is that without them we would have lost 99% of our firearms by now.

NRA Endowment Member

Hey, all you had to say is, "The NRA is your best bet." but instead you had to get shitty. Well, you know what? If this is indicative of the NRA's membership, fuck you back and I'll find another pro-gun organization to give my money to. Thanks for your witty and insightful replies however.

KMA
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck You
NRA LIFE MEMBER

NRA Endowment Member

+2

NRA Life Member.

I joined, quit after I got the idea in my head that they were fucking around too much.

Changed my mind after I saw the full court press they did on killing any new AWB after the sunset and joined back up as a Life Member.  Made sure I told them that was the reason.

Take a good look at work they did on HR218.  SEVEN FUCKING YEARS to get that passed.  Look how fast they moved on the bullshit that went on in NOLA.  Take a good look at the number of fights they are involved in.

Are they perfect?  Hell no, but they do a damn good job and we'd look more like the UK or Australia by now if they weren't around.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#17]
NRA Life member signing in.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
NRA Life member signing in.

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck You
NRA LIFE MEMBER

NRA Endowment Member

Hey, all you had to say is, "The NRA is your best bet." but instead you had to get shitty. Well, you know what? If this is indicative of the NRA's membership, fuck you back and I'll find another pro-gun organization to give my money to. Thanks for your witty and insightful replies however.

KMA

Good riddance
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm an annual member. I only send money for membership renewals. I just ignore the mails asking for more money. Makes a great firestarter for the fireplace.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I look at it like this.  Either pay up or shut up.  We really are tired of all the whining about the NRA.  Give your money to the Girl Scouts, Salvation Army, anything for that matter, just stop the whining.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Our NRA is the preeminnent pro personal protection orginization in the World. They are working in multiple foreign countries and the USA.

They helped fight the gun ban in Brazil, Lapiere has had multiple debates in Britain, they have worked with the Canadians to fight further bans.

If you own a firearm and can't come up with $35 a year then You are the one with screwed up priorities.

I don't Know off the top of my head, but, I would be willing to bet that museum was built with money raised for it, not out of the general funds. In other words, money that would't have been raised if they hadn't built it.

If the NRA calls you, just ask nicely to be taken off the list. They will do it. You can even ask to not be sent mailings. It's really not hard.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought the NRA said these rifles serve no sporting purpose? Fuck them. I have better things to spend money on.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Proud NRA member here!

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Me = Life Member
twoalphas =

IBTL... and hopefully soon
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I thought the NRA said these rifles serve no sporting purpose? Fuck them. I have better things to spend money on.

Try reading this whole thread. They fought for the sunset. They have at least one EBR in every issue of American Rifleman.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I thought the NRA said puppies with ice cream on their noses smell like meatball potatoes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
WTF!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!  Just think of how many liberal politicians we could have greased with all that money!!!!

Seriously though, Does anyone know how much money the NRA brings in every year?  I'm sure that $13 million is small change that they've been putting away for a while to do that with.

Oh, and yeah, I'm an NRA member... just so that I can say I did something (rather than nothing).  Also, I get that American Rifleman magazine each month which makes good toilet reading, so I figure it's not all that bad.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck You
NRA LIFE MEMBER

+1

NRA Endowment Member

KMA

Such as????
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#32]
See post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top