Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 1:57:42 PM EDT
I love my job (flying a small cargo plane every day), make decent wages, but my benefits suck.  My employer doesn't offer dental insurance.

Anyone know how much it costs per month for dental insurance for a family?  Right now, I simply pay cash and at the end of the year my accountant deducts my health insurance expenses, so, I get some of it back.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Floss Daily.  Brush twice.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Floss Daily.  Brush twice.

Got that one covered.  Any others??  

vmax84
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, talk to your dentist.  There are plans available with many preventative care options and a max out-of-pocket for your family per year.  They can hook you up.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Last time I checked with an  emplyer, who had a decent plan, it was $50 per month for dental.

My annual dental bill has been $120.00 for the past 20 years.

You do the math.

Problem with dental is that people who NEED it are on it, so it's very expensive for what you get.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never found a private dental plan that is worth the money.

SBG
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help.

vmax84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top