Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 1:54:30 PM EDT
I'm considering buying my 4 year old daughter a Barbie type ride on Jeep.

They all seem similar, but I know the hive has information.

Battery life, durability, size for growth, quality, where to buy, etc?

Thanks.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#1]
And a bump.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Power Wheels.................I worked at Toys R Us in college, and these were a hot item. I dont know of anyone who brought them back, and the battery lasts a pretty good while. You can get them at Walmart or similar places, but I would look at Target and Toys R Us, because they usually have a better selection..........they are pretty durable, and although I dont remember the battery life, I know that the one my nephew rode around on has been passed down to his younger cousin, and he is still riding it  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Be prepared, they don't go on grass worth a crap(not enough torque), and after they ride them on the pavement for a while they won't get traction anywhere.  I bought my son a Bigfoot at a yard sale a few years ago and ended up wrapping an old bicycle innertube around the rear drive wheel in order to get him some traction.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Be prepared, they don't go on grass worth a crap(not enough torque), and after they ride them on the pavement for a while they won't get traction anywhere.  I bought my son a Bigfoot at a yard sale a few years ago and ended up wrapping an old bicycle innertube around the rear drive wheel in order to get him some traction.

+1 on the lack of traction.  They are great on pavement, but in the grass they just sit and spin.  I have seen all kinds of screws, innertubes, etc. attached to the tires to try and remedy this problem.  Kids love 'em though.

You do have to keep up with charging them and not over charge them either.  I would get one again for sure as it was a big hit with both of my kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top