Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 12:53:54 PM EDT
I have heard a rumor and i want to try and get to this bottom of this. Please gimmie a hand. The question is What are, if any, restrictions to a "pistol"? Such as caliber and so on. Legally can i carry a 9mm AR pistol?? and if so then can i carry a AR/223 or AK/762 pistol?

The biggest rumor i hear is that a CWP had a restriction to pistol caliber.

Anyone with hard facts is my friend.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
There is nothing in the concealed carry statutes that restricts the caliber of handgun which you can carry.  The statute provides that, "For the purposes of this section, concealed weapons or concealed firearms are defined as a handgun, electronic weapon or device, tear gas gun, knife, or billie, but the term does not include a machine gun as defined in s. 790.001(9). ".  I don't see anything that restricts caliber.  

There is no mention in the definitions section either.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I wanna carry an MP5(sp89)

In theory you would be in the realm of "Legal" but some cops may not see it that way. I have been curiouse about this too...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing to restrict caliber, but I bet those would print like hell.

Besides, it would seem that those would be a little large and heavy and get to be a real pain after a while.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
No machineguns or destructive devices.

Otherwise, it's fair game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top