Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2001 8:06:52 AM EDT
I mentioned yesterday about a very fine SA M1 that I had located.

I finally had a chance to fondle it today and here is what I found.

SA receiver ser# 5963xxx w/ SA barrel dated 12-51.

Stamped Trigger guard
NM operating rod
NM rear sights
Orig Parkerizing
SA Bolt
SA Trigger group housing
Best muzzle condition I have ever seen
Not an import

I know the serial # range is post Korean war 1950s production but it is pushing right at 6 million and appears to fall into the Type 1 National Match range although I did not notice a NM on the barrel.

My Bruce Canfeilds M1 guide shows an example of a NM receiver w/ # 6099032 and states that the NM rifles serial numbers began in the 5,800,000s w/ barrel dates from 1953 to 1957 and are Type 1 rifles.

Why would this rifle have a barrell dated 12-51?
Maybe I looked at it wrong or something?

At any rate.

That is the rifle in a nutshell.

Super nice, NM receiver,  NM sights and NM OP rod.
Basically all SA w/ original stock although no cartouche could be found.

Is $1150.00 too high or about right?

Link Posted: 8/3/2001 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Original Type 1 NM Rifles only had the NM stamped on the barrel. The Type II had the op-rod , barrel and sights stamped. Also Type II's were glass bedded and the last four digits of the serial number were painted on the floorplate of the trigger assembly. Rifle sounds like a older DCM rebuild. My DCM came through with NM op-rod and rear sight. They used whatever parts were available to rebuild therm to be sold through the program at that time. Lastly I would never but a NM rifle without the government paperwork. Sounds like a handsome SHOOTER to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top