Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 7:36:58 AM EDT
If someone incurs charges on a credit card, and it turns out they have given you a wrong number and, further, they are all of a sudden unreachable, is it a civil item only, or is it criminal?  Especially interested if there are differences in Florida law.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
what did you do, send a product before you charged the card? That is going to be pretty much your fault.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you mean, they gave you the wrong number? Wrong number, as in a CC number that was
not thiers? If that's the case then it's CC fraud and it's a criminal matter.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What do you mean, they gave you the wrong number? Wrong number, as in a CC number that was
not thiers? If that's the case then it's CC fraud and it's a criminal matter.

No, they cleverly "made a mistake" in one of the numbers.  Not enough so that it was a "not theirs" situation, but enough so that the charge couldn['t go through.    No doubt in my mind it was deliberate.

Not a situation in which I sent something, it involves a third party, and is somewhat complicated.  The thrust of the question was more along the lines of what I could get the third party to do.  Actually, it may be resolved at this point.  There was a bluff about the Sheriff from me, and a simultaneous atttempt by the third party, which appears to have gone through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top