Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:46:45 AM EDT
Has your opinion of Hillary Clinton changed in the last six years?

No, I still don't like her 48%
Yes, I like her more 22%
Yes, I dislike her more 18%
No, I still like her 12%

Would you vote for her for president?

No 68%
Yes 32%
Total Votes: 91,300

A little encouraging although I am not sure what it all means.

da' Lab
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:56:35 AM EDT
[#1]
32% , that still scares me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#2]
She will never be elected as President.  

She may be chosen as a VP running mate....and then something could mysteriously happen to the Pres.   That's the only way she'll get that office.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Latest results

Has your opinion of Hillary Clinton changed in the last six years?  

No, I still don't like her 47%

Yes, I like her more 22%

Yes, I dislike her more 17%

No, I still like her 13%

Would you vote for her for president?

No 67%
Yes 33%
Total Votes: 217,790

Story for those who want to get sick.

For Hillary Clinton, Six Years Make a Difference

ALBANY, N.Y. (Dec. 15) - What a difference six years make.  

In 1999, Hillary Rodham Clinton was skewered as a carpetbagger from Illinois and Arkansas who would get her comeuppance at the hands of the mayor of New York City. Today, she appears to be coasting to a 2006 Senate re-election victory that could set her up for a White House run two years later.  

"It's the difference between night and day," said Clinton adviser Howard Wolfson. "It's the difference between being a sitting first lady running in a state she had never lived in, to being a successful senator representing New York."  

Independent polls show Clinton with solid approval ratings and far ahead of the potential Republican competition. She also has a ton of money in the bank - about $14 million as of the end of September and still counting. On Tuesday, she and her famous husband hosted 900 people at $500 a plate in New York City.  

And it certainly doesn't hurt that the state's tumultuous Republicans don't have a Rudolph Giuliani-like candidate waiting to take her on this time around. The GOP is in such a muddle, it can't agree on a candidate, period.  

On Monday, the leaders of the state GOP told Jeanine Pirro, the former first lady's best-known opponent, that she should drop out of the Senate race and run instead for state attorney general.  

Since Pirro's gaffe-marred formal announcement, when she lost a page from her speech and stood silent for 32 seconds, fundraising has lagged. And The New York Post has reported that her own husband was working behind the scenes to get her out of the Senate race.  

Pirro says she's still in the race, but many GOP leaders believe it's a question of when she drops out, not if.  

"Hillary Clinton is probably laughing hysterically at the Republican chaos," said Hank Sheinkopf, a New York-based Democratic strategist who worked on President Clinton's 1996 re-election campaign, but is not part of his wife's campaign team.  

Republican strategist Nelson Warfield said there is still hope for the GOP.  

"As soon as Jeanine Pirro's sitcom gets canceled, voters can start tuning in on Hillary Clinton's failures," said Warfield, a top aide on Bob Dole's 1996 presidential run. "Her time in the Senate has done a lot for Hillary, but not a lot for New York."  

Maurice Carroll, director of the Quinnipiac University Polling Institute, is skeptical about GOP chances.  

"It's hard to knock off any incumbent, but particularly an incumbent who has a zillion dollars, 100 percent name recognition and who works at the job," Carroll said.  

Still, Wolfson noted that after then-New York City Mayor Giuliani left the Senate race in May 2000 in the face of prostate cancer, the GOP's understudy, then-U.S. Rep. Rick Lazio, raised a quick $40 million. The little-known Lazio wound up losing to Clinton by 12 percentage points.  

"But that doesn't mean whoever we end up running against (in 2006) isn't going to be well-funded," Wolfson said. "Given that, we need to prepare."  

Keeping the money flowing has another benefit for Clinton. Any money she doesn't spend in 2006 could be used for a 2008 run for the White House. Most polls have her leading the Democratic field for the nomination.  

Warfield said the Republican side could suffer on the money front.  

"There's a limited universe of donors out there and they've been revved up about Pirro, and then Pirro flames out on them," he said.  

If Pirro does bow out of the GOP Senate race, former Yonkers Mayor John Spencer and tax attorney William Brenner are actively seeking the nomination.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top