Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 5:12:36 AM EDT
OMFG.  AOL bugs the shit out of me.  If it weren't for the radio player I would cancel my account.  

AOL is so anti-Bush, and pro-demorat it sickens me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Compuserve was worse, I got it for being and NRA Republican...got trashed and threatedned by a moderator and they would do nothing. AOL is bad enough, though, but i live to mess with people
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
AOL= Army of Online Losers
AOL=Amatuer Online Loser

Just use a real ISP.  There's plenty of streaming radio out there without having AOL.  I don't understand why you need AOL to listen to the radio.

TC

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Compuserve was worse, I got it for being and NRA Republican...got trashed and threatedned by a moderator and they would do nothing. AOL is bad enough, though, but i live to mess with people

Uh, CompuServe is AOL. AOL and WorldCom bought CompuServe in 1997, AOL took the subscription side, and WorldCom took the network side. Both companies fucked up a pretty good company. (I used to work for CompuServe)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:32:18 AM EDT
[#5]
i've said it once and i'll say it again

aol sucks
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:33:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Compuserve was pretty good before the AOL takeover.  AOL appeals to the overwhelming mass of slobs who live in a cartoon world.

Fifteen years ago AOL stood for Assholes On Line.  I see no reason to change that opinion.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:38:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i've said it once and i'll say it again

aol sucks

They don't call it AOHell for nothing...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Is this news to you. AOL is the devil. Try getting them out of your system. I have no AOL contacts and cannot get their shit out of my DELL. It's in there lurking.
A year or so ago AOL got in some trouble for all the spying they do in you system.
I used Yahoo! radio for a couple of years until I got XM.
AOL IS THE DEVIL
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:44:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Here, try this. It'll help wean you off AOL.  

TC

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#10]
There are 100's of web based radios

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:46:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
there is plenty of net radio without AOL. Dump them.

Amen to that. If radio is the only thing holding you at AOhell, fly away! Be Free!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I've hated AOL since well before the World Wide Web was popular, even before the internet was really known (and yes there actually is a difference, many don't know that, mostly the newbs and lamers on AOL ;) ), since when it was just one of the large electronic BBS's out there.  Too bad it was sucessful in making the transition from BBS to ISP.  The only ones I ever liked back then were Genie and to a lesser extent Prodigy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#13]
AOL is for people who dont know how to use the internet... and are to dumb to learn
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I honestly can't see how they are still in business. When the internet was first starting to pick up I could somewhat see a use for them (being an intro for new users to the net), but now they're totally worthless.

Dump them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I have no more use for AOL.

I had them for a total of 13 months out of the last 18 without paying a dime!  They kept sending me the 2 free months discs in the mail.  So I would sign up, then cancel just shy of 2 months.  A few weeks later I would get another 2 free months offer.   Idiots.   It's a wonder they're still in business!  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#16]
And, I would add that if you dump them, check your bank statements carefully for months afterwards to be sure they arent't still charging you.

I'm in the process of going round and round with them now for an account which never was fully created - my wife wanted to "try" it because friends had it.  Their software just locked up - probably because it was attempting to take over my computer - and never would log on.  Apparently it called the "signup" number in the middle, though, to give my infomation to AOL.

Reviewing bank statements, I have been charged for the last nine months for an account which never had been used.  Yeah, I know I should have been more vigilant.  I've been much too busy, and have been going by rough dollar balances, and $23.90 easily gets lost in transactions which may be pending.

Getting nothing but the runaround from them: bland, canned responses asking for screen names (which I don't have), and saying they can't do anything because of security reasons.  I tell tehm I'm not asking for information, but providing it.  Another person answers in the same way, and kicks it around at the functionary level.  I've asked that it be escalated to a manager, but get the same response to call billing as if it were my first inquiry.  Don't even get me started about their stupid Automatic Call Director.

So, after a number of attempts and requests to escalate it, I simply referred it to the Consumer Affairs agency in my state.  And, I suggest you immediately do the same if you have any issues which are not resolved on the first try.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:32:52 AM EDT
[#17]
AOL sucks, and 'libtard' sounds ridiculous.  Which one of you witty devils came up with it anyways?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
OMFG.  AOL bugs the shit out of me.  If it weren't for the radio player I would cancel my account.  

AOL is so anti-Bush, and pro-demorat it SICATATES me.

Fixed it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top