Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 4:07:42 AM EDT
Give "cheese rating" if necessary.

Also, favorite "cheese cake" should be mentioned.  Mine is the Russian chick in "Alien Apocalypse."

G
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Mansquito was pretty bad.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The whole channel sucks. I had such high hopes for it when it started.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I gave up on them after they cancelled Farscape...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:42:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I knew I forgot one!  Good catch.

G
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:45:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Evolver was pretty pathetic.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]
The one with Lorenzo Lamas and the dinosaurs.

That was Raptor Island, right?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:00:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#8]
All of the Cube series.

Then there's that space cowboy drama from the buffy dude - what's it called?  Felicity?

Good Christ that show is fucking garbage.  Didn't take 'em long to get the DVD into the 99 cent bin at China Mart.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hahahahaha you actually watched that? I wondered to myself when I heard about it, "who the hell would watch that crap?"

Manimal sounds like about the stupidist idea for a series ever. I also had high expectations by sci-fi when I first heard about it but was promptly let down when I finally was able to watch it.

Quoted:
All of the Cube series.

Then there's that space cowboy drama from the buffy dude - what's it called?  Felicity?

Good Christ that show is fucking garbage.  Didn't take 'em long to get the DVD into the 99 cent bin at China Mart.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Alien Apocolypse was actually one of my favorites.  It was uber cheezzie... but I'm a big Bruce Campbell fan, so I let that slide.  

I don't remember any Russian chick in that flick.  Where was she in the flick?

Edit:  Ok... I know who you mean.  Your talking about the chick in the skins.  Her name was Busy.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The one with Lorenzo Lamas and the dinosaurs.

That was Raptor Island, right?

They didn't even have the decency to cast a hot chick in the CIA role.  Plus, while she was actually kinda cute, having her run around in khakis and a fleece-lined jacket didn't help.  How much do you think they spent on that movie?  About $20 plus craft services?

G
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:24:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I avoid their cheese-fi as much as possible.

I tried to like Manticore because I have had a plot idea kicking around in my head for a while that was similar, but Manticore su-huuuuucked for the 5 minutes I watched of it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:36:42 AM EDT
[#13]
All of them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I liked the movie they showed last night...Aberration.

Classic movie garbage.

I love that shit...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:40:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
All of the Cube series...

IIRC those are foreign imports and not technically "Sci-Fi Originals" (i.e., would have been dierct-to-video if we hadn't bought them so cheap ).  [I could be wrong about that...]   Besides, I really like the Cube movies (the ones I've seen so far)...

I'd have to vote Man with the Screaming Brain ... even the inimitable Bruce Campbell and usually-entertaining Ted Raimi couldn't save that turkey.

It wasn't cheese - it was pure mold.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:59:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

HERETIC!!! BURN THE NONBELIEVER!!!
"serenity", you low class heathen! the series was "firefly"...

how can scifi come up with such amazing crap as "mansquito" and "el chupacabra" yet do something relatively decent like "battlestar galactica"???
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Am I the only one who looks forward to watching those crappy B movies on Saturday night?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HERETIC!!! BURN THE NONBELIEVER!!!
"serenity", you low class heathen! the series was "firefly"...

how can scifi come up with such amazing crap as "mansquito" and "el chupacabra" yet do something relatively decent like "battlestar galactica"???

I can't find the thread (I looked), but IIRC Dolomite prides himself on detesting Firefly, a show many of us here absolutely love... he composed a wonderfully entertaining rant to that effect.

FWIW, I wish it was available in the cheapie bin.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I just finally upgrade my cable and got that channel.  I was looking through the lineup thinking it was cool to finally get that channel.  That channel sucks balls.  I've yet to see one show that keeps my interest.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#20]
They had some "Spider" movies that really sucked, there was one where the characters came upon a crashed space shuttle, and the shuttle wasn't much bigger than a Cessna 172.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

BIG +1
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
All of the Cube series.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Frankenfish was the worst (the 15 minutes of it that I watched anyway). Manticore and Painkiller Jane were both pretty bad too.

Monster (the one about the monster from the 1950's movie that came to life and started eating people) was OK, but only because it had several highly suggestive scenes.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
All of them.

That would be my vote..........but I wouldn't watch them, so I don't know for sure.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#25]
You know Cap'n Mal would shoot you for that!

I kinda liked mansquito and raptor island.  

Man with the screaming brain I thought was hilarious.  But I was drunk.  Thats the key to watching scifi's original movies.

Their TV shows I love.  Stargate and BSG.  That triangle mini-series was ok.  But their saturday night movies

But I still watch them for the most part if the HBO movie blows.  So I guess their marketing does have some logic.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:33:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
All of the Cube series.

The Cube (the first one) was pretty good. I haven't seen any of the others.

There was another one that was pretty bad too. I can't think of the name of it though. It was the one where this girl hitched a ride on a one man cargo transport that was headed from Mars to Earth. Since the ship was only designed for one person and the cargo, the additional weight of the second person threw off the trajectory of the ship and the guy had to blow the girl out the airlock. Then at the end he was being prosecuted for murder, but they turned him into this prophet who was a symbol of opposition to the corporate tyrany (like a second Jesus). That one sucked pretty bad too. I only watched it all the way through because the remote was all the way over on the coffee table.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All of the Cube series.

The Cube (the first one) was pretty good. I haven't seen any of the others.

There was another one that was pretty bad too. I can't think of the name of it though. It was the one where this girl hitched a ride on a one man cargo transport that was headed from Mars to Earth. Since the ship was only designed for one person and the cargo, the additional weight of the second person threw off the trajectory of the ship and the guy had to blow the girl out the airlock. Then at the end he was being prosecuted for murder, but they turned him into this prophet who was a symbol of opposition to the corporate tyrany (like a second Jesus). That one sucked pretty bad too. I only watched it all the way through because the remote was all the way over on the coffee table.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Oh no you din't!

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:07:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Am I the only one who looks forward to watching those crappy B movies on Saturday night?

Nope. I like some of them them, too. Besides, SciFi shows "Battlestar Galactica", which I like.

Anyway, I chose "other" because I couldn't make up my mind if Raptor Island or Frankenfish sucked worse.

I thought Manticore was actually pretty good, outside of the shitty props. What were those things that they were carrying that were supposed to be M16's.

Didn't see Mansquito. The name alone makes me think I didn't miss much.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quality programming costs money. I don't think the network owners are willing to invest the kind of money needed to make it a quality network.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#31]

I thought Manticore was actually pretty good, outside of the shitty props. What were those things that they were carrying that were supposed to be M16's.

I believe they are AKMs or AKS rifles fitted with a new dust cover that includes a carry handle.  When you think about it, if that would give you a better peep sight, it actually would improve the AKM.  The other shit they add just  looks bad.

G
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I knew I forgot one!  

I wish I could forget it....
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh come on, who doesn't love B movies?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#34]
only show I watch is BSG the rest sucks
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:12:38 AM EDT
[#35]
I think they are just making these so they can bring back MST3K...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Sadly +1.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#37]
At least SciFi tries.  They don't have a big budget.  They also don't put on reality TV 24 hours a day.  Some scifi is good.  Some is bad.  And some is so bad it is an instant cult classic.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
All of the Cube series.

Someone get a rope so we can educate this illiterate boob. Ain't nuthin' in the 'verse could stop us!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#39]
While I haven't watched it I would have to guess that Ghost Hunters is pretty fucking dumb to the max.

All of the other made for Sci-Fi movies are a close second place.

Oh hey... wow... look... a movie thread... and a movie forum... someone should introduce these two.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
While I haven't watched it I would have to guess that Ghost Hunters is pretty fucking dumb to the max.

All of the other made for Sci-Fi movies are a close second place.

Oh hey... wow... look... a movie thread... and a movie forum... someone should introduce these two.

This is in reference to the channel, and the movies shown thereon, not the movies specifically.

G23c (the thread lawyer)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
All of the Cube series.

Serenity is one of the best shows to ever air.  Go back to your NASCAR.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

the cold equations
I would have had sex with her first before blowing her out the airlock
it was too late he waited too long  while they striped the ship to lose weight  he had to dump his cargo too  to make up the diffrence  , it was medicine and a bunch of people died
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

MST3K is my vote for the worst.

They took mediocre to bad movies and made them even worse.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Surface beats them all, what garbage
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I gave my vote to Alien Apocalypse.  Those fuckers tricked all of us Bruce Campbell fans into thinking we would see a cheezy, yet enjoyable flick.  No fucking way.  The only reason I didn't turn it off was I was HOPING it would get better.  It didn't .

The only saving grace was the shot at the beginning that showed Portland, OR completely annihilated.    God this town sucks.  Fuggin' hippies.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MST3K is my vote for the worst.

They took mediocre to bad movies and made them even worse.

And people wonder why PA is called Pencil Tucky.

G
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

The only one I refused to watch.  

I just can't get into firefly.

I love SG1 and SG Atlantis; BSG is pretty good too,
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top