Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2005 3:55:55 AM EDT
A NEW WAY TO CAR JACK (NOT A JOKE)

You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car, and get inside, then you start the engine and shift into REVERSE and you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space and notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into PARK, unlock your doors and jump out of you car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.
When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off!

Your engine was running and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.
And guess what ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car….

BE AWARE OF THIS SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

Just dive away and remove the paper that is stuck to your window later. and be thankful that you read this email.

I hope you will forward this to friends and family…especially to women! A purse contains all your identification, and you certainly do NOT want someone getting your home address. They already HAVE your keys!

SUBMITTED BY
Lieutenant Tony Bartolome
Bureau of Investigations
Florida Highway Patrol
Orlando, FL 32859

Black Bear

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:57:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Heard that, oh, 7 years ago when chain emails really got going.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't you notice a piece of paper stuck to your window as you approach your vehicle in a parking lot?

Methinks I'll have a talk with the missus about "situational awareness"
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:58:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Tango for the heads up will let my wife/Family know
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Internet rule number one:

Any email that asks you to forward it to everyone you know is 100% guaranteed to be a steaming pile of BS.  Do not forward under any circumstances, and take a moment to bitch out the sender.

www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:18:12 AM EDT
[#7]
roger that.

will lay down cover fire from now on while exiting vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:21:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Sure and be sure to add your ICE entry into your cell phone, so that the EMT can call someone to tell them about you and find out your medical history.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:26:53 AM EDT
[#9]
at least thats a somewhat intelligent scheme.  if i decided to steal cars for a living, that might be a good way.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:41:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Pass this lock on to all your email contacts  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top