Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 8:17:05 PM EDT
Or whatever it is we normal average citizens can buy... I would think that a ton were Korea and Vietnam bringbacks that ended up registered?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:34:56 AM EDT
[#1]
No idea how many are out there, but I suspect the ones that are on the market were not Vietnam bring backs (they would be Stolen guns, and the .gov doesn't like you to have guns they own-even if you paid for them), but rather WWII guns that were reimported Lend/Lease weapons, like the CMP Garands and carbines.

Dave
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont think I have ever seen one
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#3]
does the batfe keep records on that? i've seen a bunch over the years but have no idea on the nat'l average.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
If you go by items you see for sale in the Class III world, you don't see many of these, but when you do they are actually pretty affordable compared to other items. Go to Subguns and search. There are currently 3 available and each below $6K.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
One reason the M2 prices are lower is due to the cost of .30 carbine ammo.  Even if you buy in bulk the ammo is usually more expensive than .223 or .308.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#6]
they're fun little guns to shoot. no recoil, but the muzzle does rise quite a bit in FA. of course, i was a bit younger when i shot one.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Since a SOT I could have assembled one from parts for transfer prior to 1986 or an individual could have made one on a Form 1 prior to 1986, one would think they'd be plentiful.

Maybe its because they aren't kewl.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Got one in the safe. Ammo costs, small magazines, just not a lot of "thrill" factor on the M2, more of a historic firearm than a bullet hose. Should be plenty out there and there are some registered conversion kits too. In the same price range of a Ruger AC556 and close to an UZI.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
they're fun little guns to shoot. no recoil, but the muzzle does rise quite a bit in FA. of course, i was a bit younger when i shot one.

They made a muzzle check for that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:49:05 AM EDT
[#10]
unrelated but some carbine people are here, so:

what should i offer for an underwood non-import, unsure about wear but the finish is mostly gone and has a cracked stock

was thinking about $425 and then spending some money to make it nice again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top