Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:53:05 PM EDT
   Ok, I know a libtard who thinks pollution is bad and its all our fault the earth is going to Hell. She says how it is so bad how we drive cars, use electricity. How should I deal with this?

ETA: news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/4495463.stm
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Throw soap and job applications at her until she runs away...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Re-eduation camps... I mean.. ignore him...

My suitemates are a bunch of little commies. So I just ignore them and let them make asses of themselves in public fuctions.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Ask her if we should go back to riding horses.  Then ask her if she realizes how much horse shit would be all over the place, not to mention increased methane.  Also, as her if she realizes that we would have to cut down more trees to grow enough alphalfa and hay to feed them.

As for the electricity, ask her what we should use to heat homes, etc, wood??

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
   Ok, I know a libtard who thinks pollution is bad

Are you claiming that pollution is good?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Ask her if we should go back to riding horses.  Then ask her if she realizes how much horse shit would be all over the place, not to mention increased methane.  Also, as her if she realizes that we would have to cut down more trees to grow enough alphalfa and hay to feed them.

response: using horses wouldnt be anywhere near as bad as all the cars used
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask her why she drives a car?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Is she a member of the

Citizens
Raging
Against
Phones

?

Ask her why she uses electricity and drives a car.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Ask her if she thinks that Bush used the Halliburton time machine to go back and make the dinosaurs extinct by destroying the ozone.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

She drives a hybrid.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Behind every watt of electricity, there's a smokestack somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

response: using horses wouldnt be anywhere near as bad as all the cars used

Does she understand what goes into raising, feeding, caring for and grooming horses?

People who have never owned a horse have no concept of that.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She drives a hybrid.

I heard that the pollution created in making hybrid cars is a lot higher than conventional cars. And that the pollution created by making a hybrid makes up for any fuel and emissions savings it gets.

Not sure if that's true or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Double taps are the only way to go.  If you hit them with one shot only, then they cry, whine, and scream much more than they normally do.  A big pain in the ass.  A double tap, even if they don't drop dead right away, shows them you mean business and aren't in the mood to be fucking around listening to their shit.  Amazingly, all you have to do is shoot one in a roomfull, the rest suprisingly STFU real quick.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Throw soap and job applications at her until she runs away...

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Thats not true either.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:43:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not true either.

What are you, some sort of commie-pinko-enviroweenie?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not true either.

Ever heard of hydro? Solar?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not true either.

I personally prefer nuclear.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:55:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a friend here who is like that.

He rails about how evil cars are, and how Bush is screwing everything up.

Yet, he never hesitates to tell me to call him if I am driving to the grocery store.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:00:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Ask her where she is going to dump her toxic hybrid system batteries in 7 years when they need to be replaced?  Then tell her the battery replacement cost is going to be worse than a balloon payment on a  mortgage.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Hydro=a valley full of water that used to be full of trees and animals and farms and homes and businesses.  
Solar=not practical, not even close to being practical, not a chance in hell of being practical.
Nuclear=currently online and sparking away, quietly making electricity.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Ask her where she is going to dump her toxic hybrid system batteries in 7 years when they need to be replaced?  Then tell her the battery replacement cost is going to be worse than a balloon payment on a  mortgage.  

She'll just trade it in at 5 and make that someone elses problem.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:19:41 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.

heck i heard some where that even one of the people who started greepeace said nuke will be the only way to go. it has no emmisions, yes it has waste but it stores very easily and safely. if the damn freaks would let yukka open we would be good for some thing like another 100 years of full nuke power.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:25:46 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.

heck i heard some where that even one of the people who started greepeace said nuke will be the only way to go. it has no emmisions, yes it has waste but it stores very easily and safely. if the damn freaks would let yukka open we would be good for some thing like another 100 years of full nuke power.

We've already debated that topic to death. A century passes pretty quickly, its not as long as you think. You're just passing the tough decisions on to your grandkids.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:31:43 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.

We've already debated that topic to death. A century passes pretty quickly, its not as long as you think. You're just passing the tough decisions on to your grandkids.

Instead we'll just continue to put our heads in the sand and call for "alternative" energy sources that won't work for all our power needs, like Solar, Hydro, Wind, etc. while continuing to use coal and oil for the majority of our needs because some people can't grasp the concept of nuclear, or turn it into a huge boogeyman.

Hell, FRANCE of all places relies on nuclear for over 90% of their electricity.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:48:41 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not true either.

Which makes up what, less than 10% of the nation's output?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't.

That's because you don't know shit from shinola about it.

BTW, whatever happenend to that whole riparian ecosystem of the rivers that were dammed to make lakes for hydro power?  Ever wonder?

Dude, quit while you are ahead.  You are a light weight.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
[That's because you don't know shit from shinola about it.

BTW, whatever happenend to that whole riparian ecosystem of the rivers that were dammed to make lakes for hydro power?  Ever wonder?

Dude, quit while you are ahead.  You are a light weight.

I know enough to not gloss its problems over like the pro-nuke people do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top