Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:45:20 PM EDT
Since the general consensus is cats are for liberals, now here's the tough choice.
Link

Inventor turns dead cats into diesel

A German inventor says he's found a way to make cheap diesel fuel out of dead cats.

Dr Christian Koch, 55, from Kleinhartmannsdorf, said his method uses old tyres, weeds and animal cadavers.

They are heated up to 300 Celsius to filter out hydrocarbon which is then turned into diesel by a catalytic converter.

He said the resulting "high quality bio-diesel" costs just 15 pence per litre.

Koch said the cadaver of a fully grown cat can produce 2.5 litres of fuel - meaning around 20 cats are needed for a full tank.

He said: "I tank my car with my own diesel mixture and have driven it for 105,000 miles without any problems."

Annelise Krauss of the Dresden Animal Protection Association blasted Koch's new diesel though, saying: "This is as bad as experimenting on animals."

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Could be a spoof, I just thought the article was humorous given the amount of attention that cats seem to draw here at ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:02:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Edit:  Forgot to mention--does anyone think this may be a spoof?  Why only cats?  It seems any old carcass should do.  

It says it works on animal cadavers, they only use cats as an example.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:27:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top