Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 1:07:56 PM EDT
If wisconsin passes this bill, which state has the easiest ccw for an illinois resident to obtain?  or will wisconsin's new law permit out of state licensing?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think is does
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#2]
based on the other thread, passage is still very much in doubt.  As MN resident, I'd like to get a WI permit, too.  We shall see...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
based on the other thread, passage is still very much in doubt.  As MN resident, I'd like to get a WI permit, too.  We shall see...

i thought it had reciprocity, so even if i could not get a permit, i would still be able to obtain one from, perhaps florida, and travel safely through their beautiful state.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
bump for more thoughts.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
bumpitty again.  i'm persistent 'ya know.

Can anyone recommend a state which is hassle-free for out-of-state licensees?

How about Florida?  I know they will send me an app.  Are there easier ones than them?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#7]
anyone?  no one?  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Maybe Utah, or so I've heard.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:20:26 AM EDT
[#9]
A quick read of the proposed legislation should tell you exactly what the story is – and whether or not WI will itself issue non-resident CCW’s.

I get the impression that states that accept CCW’s from other states often develop reciprocity agreements with other states (and sometimes revoke them) though the AG’s office.

If that’s the arrangement in WI, you’ll have to wait for the legislation to be enacted and see what the AG’s office does.

I don’t know how the FL non-resident CCW process compares to other states but I don’t think it’s especially onerous.  The big advantage to the FL CCW is that it covers so many other states.  Still, you need to look for something good in the particular states you’re most likely to need it in.

I guess you know about packing.org.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:44:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I think some states do not have reciprocity with Florida for a non resident permit.
If you have a resident Florida permit, then it is OK.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#11]
WA and OR are both pretty straightforward for out-of-staters.  I don't know if either is particularly better than the other.  For WA, as far as I know, all you need a fingerprint card and fifty bucks.  Not sure if you have to apply in person in either state or not.

VT, of course, has the easiest permit to get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top