Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 9:17:09 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]

But down on Quassaick Avenue, around the corner from the New Windsor Elementary School, the 6-foot tall, anatomically correct, finely detailed penis raised some questions Monday.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]

As everyone knows, phallic displays were central to Viking winter solstice celebrations of fertility and rebirth.

That might be a case of religious intolerance there.  Though I haven't met any practicing "Vikings" in while.

ETA:

Beat it down with shovels, actually.

erected the statue

The author had a lot of fun writing that article.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
This post is worthless without pics.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
DUDE! I blew snot out my nose when I read the tread title! ahahahahaahahahahaha
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#5]

December 14, 2005

Police whack giant snow penis

By John Doherty
Times Herald-Record
[email protected]  

New Windsor - What, some might ask Jessica Sherer, is with the giant snow penis she built on her boyfriend's lawn this week?

As everyone knows, phallic displays were central to Viking winter solstice celebrations of fertility and rebirth. Yeah. So what.

And readers of this paper surely know that phallic rituals were as much a part of the Hopi Indian winter festivals as the Hawk dance.

But down on Quassaick Avenue, around the corner from the New Windsor Elementary School, the 6-foot tall, anatomically correct, finely detailed penis raised some questions Monday.

Especially for police.

"We got some calls that people thought it was offensive," said New Windsor police Chief Michael Biasotti. "We assumed it was some kids who did it."

Officers found no one home. Assuming the snow sculpture was more prank than nod to Christmas' pagan roots, the police knocked it down. Beat it down with shovels, actually.

"We came back around 11 in the morning, and it was just a pile of snow," recalled Sherer, 19. "Just some shovel marks."

Sherer, um, erected the statue with her boyfriend and another friend Sunday. She said she was surprised to hear some neighbors took offense.

Motorists honked their approval, and people walking by pointed and laughed, she said.

"People were waving and laughing," she said. "It was pretty funny."

No citations or criminal violations will be issued for the display, Biasotti said. The town codes prohibit lewd signs on businesses, but don't mention anything about public snow sculptures.

"We probably weren't 100 percent correct in going on the property and knocking it down," New Windsor Town Supervisor George Meyers said. "But our intentions were pure. Some people were offended. There are school buses going by there all day."

The last two nights of freezing weather has made the snow too stiff to sculpt, said Sherer. But she intends to rebuild.

"In a couple of days, Thursday or Friday, after it gets a little warmer," she promises.

Police and town officials aren't sure what their move will be.

"I'd want the police to talk to the property owner if we got complaints, ask them to take it down" Meyers said. "But after that, I don't think there's too much we can do."

Biasotti worries the display might give others ideas. "Now we're going to get snow penises popping up all over town," he said.

Many scholars, of course, trace the origin of the modern-day yule log to ancient pagan totems to virility and sun-god worship. Is that what Sherer was going for?

"We just did it because we were really bored, and we thought it'd be funny," she said. "It was huge."
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

As everyone knows, phallic displays were central to Viking winter solstice celebrations of fertility and rebirth.

That might be a case of religious intolerance there.  Though I haven't met any practicing "Vikings" in while.

Maybe I should convert, I have been looking for a reason to do more pillaging.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
IBTL and BAN! or Edit..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Well thats one chick that knows how to make a dick stand up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Best Christmas time new sigline ever!  "Now we're going to get snow penises popping up all over town"

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:28:19 AM EDT
[#10]
if its a pegan thing. shouldnt that  penis be uncut?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe she was really making a statement about his personality?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:31:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
if its a pegan thing. shouldnt that  penis be uncut?

I think it would be unfair to make a cooriliation between nature worship/polytheism and circumcision.

edit: www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/calvin.html

www.angelfire.com/wa/zzaran/ac.gif
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#13]

"Now we're going to get snow penises popping up all over town"

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#14]
 Ahhh, the ol' Yule Log Woody raises it's ugly head upon the twenty first century!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Could have been worse I guess...

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Or this

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#17]
LOL if thats a represenation of her boyfriends cock he is small!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#18]

The author had a lot of fun writing that article.

I bet he was busting a nut laughing!  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:07:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Tag for what I am hoping becomes the official lude acts with snow thread.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

+1
Those above are hilarious!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe I should convert, I have been looking for a reason to do more pillaging.

As I recall, there are actually a small number of ARFCOMMERS who claim to worship Odin and one or two others who claim Thor as a principal deity. I'm not sure how many are joking and how many are just plain nuts though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You want lewd acts in the snow?? Hey hey...we're just getting started

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Well thats one chick that knows how to make a dick stand up.

I think she likes a cold one.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I've been deployed with a few guys from sweden (the Johannsen brothers) Erik Jorgensen from Norway and Lars (I am not sure about the spelling and noone can pronounce it so we call him "SIGGY:) Sigudbergedson. I have norse blood and the rest of the boarding crew calls those guys the "Danes" They practice Asatru which is the old norse religion. I love the history and I love the roots, so even though I  know god is the only one, I practice asatru just as much as those guys , I guess for the traditional and historical aspect.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You want lewd acts in the snow?? Hey hey...we're just getting started

Picts from your last hot date!?!?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top