Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 4:40:00 PM EDT
I have some venison backstrap I picked up from the processor yesterday. I plan on cooking some tommorrow. Anybody have a favorite recipe they would like to share? It is sliced in 3/4 in. steaks. Help me out here! Thanks guys, Jdman
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Soak in Italian salad dressing, or soy sauce, or both.

Wrap in a slice of bacon and a jalapeno pepper slice (fresh or pickled).

Grill on high flame until bacon is cooked, but meat is still pink in center.

Alternately, (this would be better if sliced thinner) bread with salt, pepper flour mixture, fry in iron skillet with 1/4" of oil.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the backstrap cut 1/4in thick, and like to chicken fry it, or just salt and pepper and brown in some olive oil and eat, YUMMMY...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Fry it in oil with salt and pepper, then add Cambells Wild Mushroom Soup (not the creamy mushroom soup) and let it simmer.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fry it in oil with salt and pepper, then add Cambells Wild Mushroom Soup (not the creamy mushroom soup) and let it simmer.  

Hmmmmmm now that sounds good....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Throw it in the croc pot with potatoes, carrots, (onions if you like them).  Let it cook for 3 or 4 hours.

The leftovers of all that make a great stew the next day.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Ya'll got me feelin hungry already! Jdman
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Marinate in Teriaki over night
Wrap in Bacon
place on hot grill for about 15-20 minutes, depending on the size.
Eat
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
In a skillet/frying pan add 1/2 stick of butter heat to medium simmer for 16 minutes.  Back straps do not need a recipe
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Slather each piece in spicy mustdard (all sides), roll in crushed pecans.  Get some oil blazing hot in a heavy pan, and sear both sides of the medallions.  Med-rare to rare in the center.  It's damn fine.

Damn......now that sounds good.  I already have a backstrap thawing that I was going to make jerkey out of.  Gonna have to try it!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Slather each piece in spicy mustdard (all sides), roll in crushed pecans.  Get some oil blazing hot in a heavy pan, and sear both sides of the medallions.  Med-rare to rare in the center.  It's damn fine.

Damn......now that sounds good.  I already have a backstrap thawing that I was going to make jerkey out of.  Gonna have to try it!

That's just wrong, man.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just wrong, man.

Don't Do It!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's just wrong, man.

Don't Do It!

That had to of been a joke
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
In a skillet/frying pan add 1/2 stick of butter heat to medium simmer for 16 minutes.  Back straps do not need a recipe

Ding!  Ding!  Ding!

Play around with the other "cuts" of venison.

The backstraps should be made simply, and made for the one who killed the deer.

Or someone very very important to you or is giving you sex

You have a whole deer to try recipes on and to share.

GM

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

John Kerry, is that you?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I like backstrap many different ways.

I fry mine in a little butter with salt and pepper.  Then I make a gravy and add mushrooms and a little cream.

I like them chicken fried.

I like them marinated in Game Tame and done on the grill.

Whatever you do, do not over cook the meat.  I like it on the medium/medium rare side.  

ETA: Never, ever, make jerky out of backstrap!!  I think you will go to hell for that!!

Gloftoe:  Didn't anyone ever tell you that mustard is the spawn of the devil!!!!  YUK!!!  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I have the backstrap cut 1/4in thick, and like to chicken fry it, or just salt and pepper and brown in some olive oil and eat, YUMMMY...

yup, good stuff!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Chicken Fry it, are there really any other options?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top