Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:15:05 AM EDT
Why is everything getting gay?  Why are so-called critics, acting like Brokeback Mountain is a cinematic masterpiece on par with Citizen Cane or The Godfather?  Who the heck is going to go see this?

Gay cowboys as a story line?  Are you kidding?  What about that is supposed to make me think, "Whoa Nelly, I gotta shell out ten bucks so that I can have a better understanding and appreciation for the problems and feelings facing today’s queer cowboy?" I wasn’t aware there was a mainstream market for gay cowboy flicks.  I mean, Westerns can be boring enough.  I stopped watching that ego-stroking piece of poo Western by Dwight Yokam after 15 minutes.  But throw in some gay butt sex and all the sudden, I’m supposed to be intrigued?  Somehow juxtaposing the whole, "I’m a cowboy, could I get any more macho?" with,  "put on yer chapths an thpurs, an git out yer latho, ‘cuase wer drivin’ thith round up home", is supposed to be a wry ironic commentary on relationship roles?  

Isn't it enough that college football has, for the most part come to an end and we're inundated with figure skating???  Why don’t they make a gay movie about that instead of staining the Western genre made great by the uber-mench masculinity of the likes of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood?  

Yeah, the Western started getting gay awhile ago, when they started letting Kevin Costner run around in them, but this is an outrage!  

So, of course this film has Oscar buzz.  But that is no surprise because the only people who watch the Oscars are the same ones who will watch this film.  Besides, the Oscar is nothing but a politically arranged PC award anyway.  I know it was a shame that a black man hadn't won for Best Actor, but c'mon, no way Denzel was better in Training Day than was Russell Crowe in A Brilliant Mind.  

I remember the last time the critics got all ga ga over a movie about a homosexual; it was called Sideways.  Yeah, it was somewhat humorous, and Paul Giovanni’s character, wait, did he lay that broad?  Anyway... anyone who acts like a totally pretentious wine queer and tries to use it as means to feel superior to a studly man’s man is like a blip the size of the sun showing up on the old gaydar.  

I guess I just don’t understand movies these days.  Oh well, I’ve got Patton on the shelf and that’s all I need.

Back to my Hollywood boycott that is now going on 3 years.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:16:35 AM EDT
[#1]
is there pudding?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was called Bareback Mountain.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:17:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the Golden Globes nominations came out today. Plenty of Anti-American, pro-homosexual stuff. Hurray !
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:18:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't you find it ironic that a guy whose screen-name is "BenDover" is complaining about a gay movie?  

Sorry Ben, I had to say it.

FWIW, I agree with you 1000%.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I remember the last time the critics got all ga ga over a movie about a homosexual; it was called Sideways.  Yeah, it was somewhat humorous, and Paul Giovanni’s character, wait, did he lay that broad?  Anyway... anyone who acts like a totally pretentious wine queer and tries to use it as means to feel superior to a studly man’s man is like a blip the size of the sun showing up on the old gaydar.  

He was GAY???
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:19:07 AM EDT
[#6]
is there pudding?

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thats the r rated version.  Brokeback mountain is the S&M packed x rated version.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats the r rated version.  Brokeback mountain is the S&M packed x rated version.

LMFAO!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#9]
The only thing I could think when I heard about this movie was "WTF are those guys thinking?"

Do actors actually think "Boy, it'd really further my career if I could play a cowboy that takes it up the pooper."  ??

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No that would be BackDoorBreaker Mountain
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I agree 100%......but why not just ignore it.

WTF do I care is those jackasses want to go broke making movies like this?

If it bombs, and I am sure it will, so what?

First of all what chick wants to see those guys getting it on?
Second what straight guy want to see it?

That leaves a very small percentage of people willing to shell out the cash.
The studio knows this......that is why you are seeing the media push.

Just ignore it.......it WILL bomb.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Understanding the plight of the queer shit kicker is not on my list of things to do before I die.

Saddle up bitch.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was GAY???

No.  He was like half of the divorced guys here on Arfcom -- "I'll never love again, women are trouble, blah blah blah."  Emotionally stunted.

(Hey, no flames -- just the facts, gentlemen.)
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Gay cowboys don't have anything on Gangsta Fag.

SBG

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
us.ent3.yimg.com/entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/images/ent/ap/20051213/thumb_la201_golden_globes.sff.jpg

"You kiss better'n Chuck Norris!"

How do you know?

I can get into your account and make that your sig picture, partner.

"Do these chaps make me look fat? No seriously, you can tell me."

That was just WRONG man.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Bareback Mountin'
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Why did that give me a cold shiver??
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bareback Mountin'

rofl
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:35:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bareback Mountin'

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Silly cityslickers...dicks are for chicks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:39:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I hear they've already started a sequel... "Going Greek at Corn Cob Creek."  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
us.ent3.yimg.com/entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/images/ent/ap/20051213/thumb_la201_golden_globes.sff.jpg

How do you know?

Ah. Nothing like crippling abuse of power  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you know?

Ah. Nothing like crippling abuse of power  

Unless you're the one being crippled.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was GAY???

No.  He was like half of the divorced guys here on Arfcom -- "I'll never love again, women are trouble, blah blah blah."  Emotionally stunted.

dyke!!! hahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was GAY???

dyke!!! hahahahahahahaha

I'm divorced, twice and I say "FUCK LOVE GIVE ME THE PIE!"  Of course I've said that my whole life and it never stuck.  Damn women.  They have all the power over us.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Bunch of brown dirt cowboys, huh? Hollywood trying to make itself feel good about itself.
Note to Hollywood-still can't figure out why movie attendance is down?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#31]
If Lemmiwinks makes a cameo, I'll buy a ticket.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Why is everything getting gay?  Why are so-called critics, acting like Brokeback Mountain is a cinematic masterpiece on par with Citizen Cane or The Godfather?  Who the heck is going to go see this?

Citizen Kane.

No comment on the Cowboy pole smoking movie
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:00:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Is Chuck Norris in this gay cowboy movie?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#34]
"Why Bob, did you just stick your cock in my butt?"

"Well Billy Bob, I believe I did."

"It shore hurts to ride today.  No wonder the wimminz go sidesaddle."
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#35]
StonerStudent was right; General Discussion really has become Ghey Dialogue.

Edit: I wonder if Jake Gyllenhall is up for the "Best Actress" Golden Globe...?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#36]
It is a perfect movie................. For the liberal agenda! It is for the same reasons the russians wanted to kill John Wayne all those years. He gave the American man the ultimate idea of himself. So, it go`s right along with that same communist agenda to corrupt everything that gives us strength and pride. What better than the American cowboy. They knew they had to seperate us from all that kept us strong, that go`s especially for our faith. It will continue down this path, this will be nothing as they become more and more vile in their attempt to defile all that stand against them and their agenda. The only "broke back" they want is that of the American male, along with his mind and his soul.  

Don`t let the bastards grind you down!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If Lemmiwinks makes a cameo, I'll buy a ticket.

Oh I asure you, he's there. You just never 'see' him...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Reminds me to butcher a joke:

A cowboy goes to the city, walks into a dance club, and see's a decent looking young woman, so he asks her to dance.

She says, "No thanks, I'm a lesbian."
He asks, "What's a lesbian?"
She replies, "I love women. I like to make love to women, touch them, smell them, kiss them, dance with them...I love everything about women."
The cowboy sits at the bar and ponders this.
A kid comes up and asks, "Are you a real cowboy?"
Cowboy answers slowly, "Well, all my life I believed I was, but it turns out I'm a lesbian".
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Brokeback Mountain....the story of two cowboys who decided to stepping in shit wasn't enough, they wanted to coat their members in it.....

WTF? My bride told me about it and all I could think was .....

Young man if you're ever alone....I said Young man there's a place you can go......

Y M C A

Next will be cops, construction workers then Indians(oops, native Americans)....

LMFAO!!

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#41]
This is probably the most horrifying movie review I've EVER read (work safe, just like any other review).

www.ew.com/ew/article/review/movie/0,6115,1136099_1_0_,00.html
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
This is probably the most horrifying movie review I've EVER read (work safe, just like any other review).

www.ew.com/ew/article/review/movie/0,6115,1136099_1_0_,00.html

To quote

As the movie goes on, Ennis, penisless and alone, becomes a shard of a man, nurturing a lost dream.

Ok so I fudged the quote just a little...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Larry McMurtry wrote the script?
WTF?

ARH

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Gay cowboys as a story line?  Are you kidding?  What about that is supposed to make me think, "Whoa Nelly, I gotta shell out ten bucks so that I can have a better understanding and appreciation for the problems and feelings facing today’s queer cowboy?" I wasn’t aware there was a mainstream market for gay cowboy flicks.  I mean, Westerns can be boring enough.  I stopped watching that ego-stroking piece of poo Western by Dwight Yokam after 15 minutes.  But throw in some gay butt sex and all the sudden, I’m supposed to be intrigued?  Somehow juxtaposing the whole, "I’m a cowboy, could I get any more macho?" with,  "put on yer chapths an thpurs, an git out yer latho, ‘cuase wer drivin’ thith round up home", is supposed to be a wry ironic commentary on relationship roles?  

Cowboy Up!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#46]
I LOVE people who critisize movies with out seeing them first.

Go see it - then bitch about how shitty it was.

If you dont like the TOPIC - fine - that doesnt mean its not a good film.

PS -with a name like "Ben Dover", I wouldnt bitch too much about things being gay. ;o)
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#47]
this thread needs a dose of lemmiwinks.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey, I found the movie poster for the sequel. Guess it's going to be a love triangle.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#49]
originally posted by Mister44

I LOVE people who critisize movies with out seeing them first.

Go see it - then bitch about how shitty it was.

If you dont like the TOPIC - fine - that doesnt mean its not a good film.

PS -with a name like "Ben Dover", I wouldnt bitch too much about things being gay. ;o)

You have got to be kidding. What in the world is there to like about a gay cowboy relationship movie?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bareback Mountin'

Backdoor Mountin'
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top