Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2001 9:25:58 PM EDT
I have seen several posts about Bill on here.  I enjoy watching him, but isn't he usually anti-gun whenever he gets the chance.  

This seems to be one issue he cannot keep his personal feelings out of.

Has anybody else noticed this?

I love FOX News, don't get me wrong, but even the great Bill O'Reilly can't keep his reporting on gun issues to "just the facts".

[size=6]B[/size=6]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Have not seen it but, would love to know his position on guns.  Maybe I will Email him.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree.  He seems to be at least a little anti.  He seems to cover it up so he wont loose viewers.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#3]
If Bill O'Reilly is anti-gun, then he sure didn't show it when he interviewed Donna Dees-Thomas.  O'Reilly aggressively attacked her and the whole MMM organization, calling them misguided and pointless.  She was noticeably stunned after the free rides that the rest of the media had given her.  It's too bad the interview was conducted several days before the link between Dees-Thomas and Hillary Clinton was discovered, O'Reilly loves picking apart that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#4]
As a former school teacher I'm afraid he's been indoctrinated with countless years of soccermom commonsense and liberal pie-in-the-sky do-goodyness on this issue but I THINK HE COULD BE TURNED. Somebody needs to take him to a shooting range.
He seems to be a kinda of half-n-half politics guy. Does kind of believe that Government can fix everything in one breathe while bitching about excessive government involvement in the next as someone has stated in another post.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 4:15:56 AM EDT
[#5]
O'Reilly has expressed himself occasionally about gun ownership.  He's sort of in the middle in his attitude.  Doesn't think that abolition is workable or desireable, but has the typical "big city boy" attitude about "reasonable restictions". I think that if he took the time to research and get to the realities of the firearms ownership discussion/argument he'd move more toward our side of the issue.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 5:56:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I read his book, and he is pro-gun, but it doesn't seem to be a high priority to him.  He made a few pro-gun comments but didn't get too carried away with it.  I'll dig through it tonight and see what i can dig up.  It's been a while since I read it.  But he's definately one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
It will be interesting to see what he says in his book vs. what he says on the TV.  I guess my biggest gripe is that he doesn't live up to his "no spin zone" sound bite when it comes to guns.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see what he says in his book vs. what he says on the TV.  I guess my biggest gripe is that he doesn't live up to his "no spin zone" sound bite when it comes to guns.
View Quote

Or drugs for that matter. He says that his dad used to have a couple beers but did not drink enough to be a drunken fool, but can't begin to understand that some people use marijuana the same way. A few tokes of the evil weed and you will be a crazy drugged fiend. LOL, he has no clue. He is a dinosaur that doesn't know he is extinct yet.
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Only 7 people watch Bill's show?
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Bill is [i]much much[/i] better than your typical reporter, and the contrast is great when compared to CNN or the networks.

But he is really a statist, and he really seems to believe that the government holds the solution to many problems. He ain't a libertarian, that's fur sure.

I believe that he would consider himself a "moderate" on guns. That is, in favor of "commen sense" restrictions, but not in favor of banning hunting or target guns, or home defense guns.

Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I read his book, and he is pro-gun, but it doesn't seem to be a high priority to him.  He made a few pro-gun comments but didn't get too carried away with it.  I'll dig through it tonight and see what i can dig up.  It's been a while since I read it.  But he's definately one of the good guys.
View Quote

I have also read his book. He is not Anti, but I would not call him pro either. He is really middle of the road.  He really does not bring it up, and that is fine.  He gets to the bottom of most issues and asks real questions.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have also read his book. He is not Anti, but I would not call him pro either. He is really middle of the road.  He really does not bring it up, and that is fine.  He gets to the bottom of most issues and asks real questions.  

View Quote

Reading his book also made me feel he's sort of middle of the road on some issues relating to gun control. Though I do get the impression he leans in favor of gun-owners rights and the sanctity of the 2nd Amendment.

Rick

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top