Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/12/2005 3:16:59 AM EDT
I believe that he is great and the country would be a lot worse if those liberals had their way.  President Bush is my hero and I believe that he is doing a greater good for those Iraquis than anyone else out there.  

NOTE: The preceding and proceding comments are not mine, Except the ETA.

ETA: I need to change my password. That or I left myself logged in somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Not the greatest "ever", but a good one.  Far better than the alternatives he ran against.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:19:39 AM EDT
[#2]
He will have been better than Hillary. That I can say.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:20:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not the greatest "ever", but a good one.  Far better than the alternatives he ran against.

+1   ADD A POLL
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:20:27 AM EDT
[#4]
This country had never seen the likes of President Bush before in the past, so in my opinion he would be the "greatest in history".  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1   ADD A POLL

+10
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:24:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Not the greatest, but he's the first president I've ever liked.  Didn't like Reagan (I was heavily influenced by my dad's opinions when I was a little kid).  Didn't like Bush (that's because I was a conspirazoid malcontent when he was president) and of course, I had no love for Bill Clinton.  Bush is a nice breath of fresh air.  What I especially like about him is watching Liberals become apoplectic over his policies and watching them shriek and wail how the world is going to be destroyed by Bush's policies..........and nothing happens.  On the contrary, the deficit shrinks, the economy gets better, the air gets cleaner, greenhouse gas emissions fall, etc.  All very instructive to watch.  You begin to see with your own eyes liberals don't even know what they're talking about.  Either that, or they're lying.  Take your pick.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:26:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Not the 'greatest', but right there behind the greatest mdern US President, Ronald Reagan.

Eric The(Admiring)Hun
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:41:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not the 'greatest', but right there behind the greatest mdern US President, Ronald Reagan.

At best, he's done a fair job (an equal amount of good moves and bad).
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:43:38 AM EDT
[#9]
This is something that really won't be known for sometime, we'll have to see the effects of his policies and actions down the road to really gauge him fairly. I think he'll be highly regarded myself, but there is some some stiff competition for the position of greatest president.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:48:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:51:47 AM EDT
[#11]
There have been far better and there have been far worse, examples of both sides of the coin within living memory.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 3:55:46 AM EDT
[#12]
In my opinion Ronald Regan was one of the best Presidents.  Bush is better than the alternative for sure.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Ronald Reagan was the best ever...GW is good but he isn't RR.

HH
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:03:38 AM EDT
[#14]
He doesn't make my top 5 but he might be on my top 10. I totally agree he is a MUCH better leader than the dems he ran against in 2000 & 2004.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:08:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

At best, he's done a fair job (an equal amount of good moves and bad).

In the end, history will judge President Bush '43 by the results, not of domestic policies, and such, but by the outcome of his greatest challenge...the War on Terror.

Do you doubt that he has done everything possible to 'stay the course' when any DEMO, or even his father, would have faltered?

Even the Great Ronald Reagan stumbled when it came to a correct response to the Marine Barracks attack in Beirut....we tucked tail and retreated...leaving no dead villains in our wake.

Eric The(Lamentable)Hun
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:09:43 AM EDT
[#16]
We need 8 more years of the original GW.

George Washington.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:10:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
sorry but no.

there have been MUCH better presidents in the past. Bush was definantly better than the alternative but that is about it. On domestic issues and curtailing governement growth he's been as bad or worse than his father.

+1

He is better than Clinton, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson (lets face it most presidents within the last 100 years have sucked)

Bush is alright, just not great.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:13:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Unfortunately Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in history.  Why?
A total failure to enforce immigration laws
An increasing erosion of our civil rights as the Patriot Act allows FBI agents to investigate all of our dealings without a court order and without informing us
An explosion in government debt and trade inbalances which will eventually lead to a major depression and the destruction of the dollar as the world's reserve currency
A fawing embrace of unconstitutional systems of racial preferences
Continued outsourcing of american jobs to Asia and China

That said, the Dems would have been even worse.  But Bush is not even a good president.  I like him personally but he has failed our country.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:18:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
In the end, history will judge President Bush '43 by the results, not of domestic policies, and such, but by the outcome of his greatest challenge...the War on Terror.

Do you doubt that he has done everything possible to 'stay the course' when any DEMO, or even his father, would have faltered?

Due to the conservative revolution that began with Reagan and culminated with the Republican victories in 1994, it will be difficult to separate "foreign" and "domestic" issues while discussing American Presidents. This is mostly due to the overall issue of government spending. As we all know, GWB throws around our tax money more than any Democratic president who came before him.

Toss in for good measure Campaign Finance Reform (the most serious attack on political free speech in the history of our nation) and his utter lack of failure to do something serious about our border situation and you can see how he won't get a mulligan on domestic policy.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:21:23 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Unfortunately Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in history.  Why?

Because folks from the Washington Post and the New York Times will write the history of his presidency.

That's why!

Oh, sure, they were being steadfastly enforced prior to his presidency...right?

An increasing erosion of our civil rights as the Patriot Act allows FBI agents to investigate all of our dealings without a court order and without informing us

You mean, just like the Mafia, organized folks, were being investigated by the Feds since the 1950s?

And like the international narco-terrorists were being investigated by the Feds since the 1980s?

An explosion in government debt and trade inbalances which will eventually lead to a major depression and the destruction of the dollar as the world's reserve currency

Yeah, we heard the same thing about that in the early Eighties when President Regan began his presidency.

Where? When?

Do you really wish to live in a country where the central government can direct private enterprise where it can and cannot invest?

No president should be able to tell an American company where it should lawfully conduct its business.

That said, the Dems would have been even worse.  But Bush is not even a good president.  I like him personally but he has failed our country.

Well, time will certainly tell if your fears are well-founded.

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:23:39 AM EDT
[#21]
I think he is the right person at the right time.  He pales in comparison to the Great Ronaldus Magnus.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:23:43 AM EDT
[#22]
No freakin' way best ever. He is the best POTUS for this moment in time.
GW being elected in today's Global climate is a huge blessing. Just imagine if Gore was the winner
in 00'
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:30:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:31:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
No freakin' way best ever. He is the best POTUS for this moment in time.
GW being elected in today's Global climate is a huge blessing. Just imagine if Gore was the winner
in 00'

One of the things that I like about Bush is he got the best people for his advisors.  Rice, Rummy, Chaney.  These are all grown ups that know how to play hardball on international affairs.  Clinton's group were a bunch of light-weight koolaid drinkers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:34:57 AM EDT
[#25]
As much as I like my CinC, he's not the best ever and for the last elections he was the least worst alternative. The problem that we face here in this great country of ours is that the people who should run for President are too smart to put themselves through the torture and public scrutiny.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:37:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, sure, they were being steadfastly enforced prior to his presidency...right?

Eric The(Reasonable)Hun

the problem with this statement is simple. there were no percieved threats by the public to address this 10-20 years ago. the world changed dramatically on 9/11 for the USA. the citizens have been asking for this in a growing voice since 9-11-01. they have been largely ignored. That said this is as much if not more of a congressional problem than a presidential issue.

Its also a State dept. issue. those are the SOB's that  mandate quotas for bringing in new residents.
I remember reading Bush Sr. and Uncle Ted (Kennedy) sponsered a push to bring in 50K + Syrians, Lebanese and Jordanians. At the time these were not Chummy Nations to us. Friggen crazy policies.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
sorry but no.

there have been MUCH better presidents in the past. Bush was definantly better than the alternative but that is about it. On domestic issues and curtailing governement growth he's been as bad or worse than his father.

+1
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 4:53:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Bush = great on foreign policy, great on tax cuts, horrible on most everything else.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:03:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Bush = great on foreign policy, great on tax cuts, horrible on most everything else.  

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#30]
BEST PRESIDENT EVER!!

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+Eleventybillion
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#32]
GWB is certainly not the best president ever, but I've no regrets for voting for him both times he ran. All  things considered, I think he's doing a pretty good job.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Good, nowhere near great.

It's a telling sign when one the more common defenses of Bush is that he isn't Kerry or Gore.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:46:37 AM EDT
[#34]
I like him, but he doesn't hold a candle to Reagan.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:48:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I believe that he is great and the country would be a lot worse if those liberals had their way.  President Bush is my hero and I believe that he is doing a greater good for those Iraquis than anyone else out there.  

I agree with your post but not with your poll.  Bush is not the "Greatest President Ever".  I would reserve that for Washington, Jefferson or perhaps Reagan.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:55:19 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Eric The(Admiring)Hun

I am very proud of this letter for my Dad that RR signed.

He was and still is "The Great Communicator "
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Not the greatest, but not the worst either.

Considering what the alternative was.. I am glad its Bush.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#38]
TEDDY ROOSEVELT!!

Do you think he'd put up with a bunch of crap from the limp-wristed left? Or would he take a bullet, shoot a lion, and then give Saddam a shovel and sentence him to personally dig the Panama Canal even though everyone else said it shouldn't be done?  Teddy Roosevelt is my hero!  He'd set things straight, by God, and belittle anyone who stood in our way!  
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:02:52 AM EDT
[#39]
He is the greatest of the lessor of two evils.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
TEDDY ROOSEVELT!!

Do you think he'd put up with a bunch of crap from the limp-wristed left? Or would he take a bullet, shoot a lion, and then give Saddam a shovel and sentence him to personally dig the Panama Canal even though everyone else said it shouldn't be done?  Teddy Roosevelt is my hero!  He'd set things straight, by God, and belittle anyone who stood in our way!  

You read my mind.

GW can't hold a candle to RR or TR.

Other than that, he's OK, though.

I just wish he'd do something about that nasty little border problem.....
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:06:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Where is "not just no, but HELL NO" ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#42]
He's not a conservative, not even by a long shot, so I'm going with no.
He's doing a pretty good job on F. Policy, but domestically, I think not.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Bush will be regarded as one of the best despite the qualms about domestic policies, immigration, etc. History is usually written regarding concerns of global matters and conflicts. No one is going to write ina textbook more than a sentence about labor worker amnesty or govt spending. In contrast there will be chapters and chapters about the first President who took a real stand against global terrorism and the rise of islamofascism. Make no mistake, W will be famous forever.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Bush will be regarded as one of the best despite the qualms about domestic policies, immigration, etc. History is usually written regarding concerns of global matters and conflicts. No one is going to write ina textbook more than a sentence about labor worker amnesty or govt spending. In contrast there will be chapters and chapters about the first President who took a real stand against global terrorism and the rise of islamofascism. Make no mistake, W will be famous forever.

Famous is a long ways from greatest president ever. Given that most textbooks used in schools have a democratic slant and that the educational system in America does too I disagree with your thesis as a whole.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Greatest prez would have to be Reagan.  He did drop a bomb into Khadaffi's living room.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#46]
A president who signs into law the Patriot Act could never be the best president.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Greatest prez would have to be Reagan.  He did drop a bomb into Khadaffi's living room.

He also signed the 86 Machine Gun ban.  I will agree that he was the best modern president, despite that.

Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:33:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Very, very far from it.  The best would have to be Thomas Jefferson or George Washington.  Of course neither would be electable today because they would either take one look at what our system has become and refuse to take part in it or would speak on principle and would never get the nomination of their party.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#49]
He will be judged historically as a VERY GOOD President.

He is not the best President ever though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top