Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll vote for Earnhart to win.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#2]
damn crackers
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't they pass stringent laws against muslims?

Is it the Muslims rioting?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#4]
It's the whites.  They used a text messaging campain to get every one together to beat the shit out of a couple of Jordanian at the beach.

I'm looking for a link.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:37:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Nope. It is the white people doing it....

A police officer (far right) unloads capsicum spray in a bid to help a man being beaten on Cronulla Beach yesterday.

www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/12/11/1134235948497.html

By Les Kennedy and Damien Murphy
December 12, 2005
Page 1 of 2
Alcohol, the Australian flag and raw racism fuelled a violent rampage by thousands of young residents in Sydney yesterday, drawing widespread revulsion as bloodshed and bigotry turned a seaside suburb into a battleground.

Political, community and religious leaders joined stunned locals to condemn an afternoon of violence by a crowd in Cronulla that turned on people of Middle Eastern appearance and those trying to protect them, with police and ambulance officers also coming under attack.

At least 10 people were injured and scores had been arrested by last night, as the shocking images of racist chants and mob attacks sparked further clashes.

A senior policeman said hundreds of young people of Middle Eastern extraction were wreaking havoc in at least five Sydney suburbs last night.

In an apparently-related attack, a 23-year-old man was stabbed in the back outside a golf club by what police described as a group of males of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern appearance.

About the same time, up to 50 carloads of youths smashed up over 100 cars with baseball bats and other weapons in the eastern beach suburb of Maroubra.

Thirty people had been arrested amid last night's violence in Brighton where hundreds of people were milling around following two police officers being hit by a four-wheel-drive and slightly injured.

Police reported firearms being "flashed" threateningly but not discharged. "So far we have had no one shot," the senior policeman said.

Operation Support Group police equipped with full riot gear including shields and helmets were recalled to duty last night in several beachside suburbs.

NSW Premier Morris Iemma led a chorus of condemnation.

"These hooligans have brought shame upon themselves," he said. "Some today tried to hide behind the Australian flag. The Australia that I know, and intend to preserve as Premier, does not support the sort of behaviour that we saw."

Police Commissioner Ken Moroney said the rioters, many of them carrying the national flag and singing the anthem, were "clearly un-Australian".

"I'm ashamed as a man and as the Commissioner of Police," he said. "Never have I seen a mob turn like they have today, particularly on . . . women and . . . the NSW Ambulance Service."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Goodwin, who co-ordinated the riot response, said he would establish a taskforce to review video footage of the riot.

The violence followed a week of simmering tension following an attack the previous Sunday on two lifesavers.

Appeals by text message for "Aussies" to descend on the beach to reclaim it drew a crowd estimated at 5000 people, but a carnival atmosphere in the morning gave way to an ugly mood as the day wore on.

The trouble began with scuffles about midday. As the crowd moved along the beach and foreshore area, a man on the back of a utility began to shout "No more Lebs", a chant picked up by the group around him.

Members of the mob set upon their prey with fists, feet, flags and beer bottles.

Two paramedics were injured as they tried to get victims out of the North Cronulla Surf Lifesaving Club, where they had fled to escape the rioters.

The crowd broke the windows of the ambulance and kicked its doors as the officers attempted to get the group out. Police, who used capsicum spray and batons in their battle to quell the rioters, were also pelted with beer bottles, and in some cases their cars were swamped and stomped on as they tried to move from one violent flare-up to the next. They sometimes appeared powerless to keep up with the moving mob.

The mob wore varied uniforms. A few sported black swastika sweatshirts, but most the emblem of the Australian flag, the Eureka Stockade flag, or with hand-written graffiti on their bodies such as "save nulla, f--- Allah".

"F--- off, get the f--- back to Lebanon," one man shouted at an 18-year-old man who had ventured to the beach for a dip.

He was the first to be targeted just before 11am, chased by 200 people to the Northies Hotel sports bar, where 20 bouncers joined police in holding back a crowd that swelled to several thousand. Many of them were drinking, some of them clearly underage.

With MALCOLM BROWN and TIM COLQUHOUN
(more in link)

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What's their beef?

they cant go shooting so they're getting liquored up and beating down muslim looking types.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What's their beef?

Liquored up Aussie rednecks with no station in life who decide to blame some poor schlub and his wife because they are slightly darker and a different religion, for all their failings.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's their beef?

Liquored up Aussie rednecks with no station in life who decide to blame some poor schlub and his wife because they are slightly darker and a different religion, for all their failings.

+1
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:43:51 AM EDT
[#10]
"Racial violence erupted in Sydney beachside suburbs after thousands of white youths, many chanting racial slurs, clashed with police and attacked people of Middle Eastern origin."

Holy shit! Australia just went up 5 points on my cool-o-meter!!!!
That plus they are the home to  Steyr !!!!

More to follow..........................
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#11]
They are mad because a group of lebanese youths beat up two white lifeguards the day before.

Thats what I heard on Fox news, but I  dont see it in the article.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the Aussies are going proactive with the sons of abraham.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:45:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Note to self..........

Trip to Australia

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
They are mad because a group of lebanese youths beat up two white lifeguards the day before.

Thats what I heard on Fox news, but I  dont see it in the article.

The violence followed a week of simmering tension following an attack the previous Sunday on two lifesavers
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Which sons of Abraham?
The Jews or the Arabs?
Prolly makes no difference to those s.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What's their beef?

sounds like this is

[qute]A senior policeman said hundreds of young people of Middle Eastern extraction were wreaking havoc in at least five Sydney suburbs last night.

In an apparently-related attack, a 23-year-old man was stabbed in the back outside a golf club by what police described as a group of males of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern appearance.

About the same time, up to 50 carloads of youths smashed up over 100 cars with baseball bats and other weapons in the eastern beach suburb of Maroubra.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#17]

The violence followed a week of simmering tension following an attack the previous Sunday on two lifesavers

They dont mention who attacked them, big suprise!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Political, community and religious leaders joined stunned locals to condemn an afternoon of violence by a crowd in Cronulla that turned on people of Middle Eastern appearance and those trying to protect them, with police and ambulance officers also coming under attack.

Take note You Muslim apologists on this board! I don't want the same thing to happen to you, so be careful what terrorists you decide to defend!!!!
If you wanna do something rightous work in a soupkitchen you wanker!
Ferret out Childmolesters on the net!
STOP defending those who would impose Sharia on christians or demand "special rights" and when they don't get them they riot!!!

Also, I write a long winded post about Australias problems With Islam. They have serious problems being bordered with one of the the most populous Muslim countries in the world. (i wonder if you mislim apologists even know what that is!)
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#20]
n/m
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#21]
i though after their gun laws where changed it became eutopia  
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
"Racial violence erupted in Sydney beachside suburbs after thousands of white youths, many chanting racial slurs, clashed with police and attacked people of Middle Eastern origin."

What the hell is this supposed to mean?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What's their beef?

sounds like this is

[qute]A senior policeman said hundreds of young people of Middle Eastern extraction were wreaking havoc in at least five Sydney suburbs last night.

Remember, Australia is a day ahead of us. The Maroubra incidents happened after the beach riot....

au.news.yahoo.com/051211/21/x66o.html

Cars have been vandalised and windows smashed in the eastern Sydney suburb of Maroubra following today's racially motivated rally at Cronulla Beach.

Thousands of people gathered at the beach on Sydney's south, where people of Middle Eastern appearance were shouted at and abused.

An ambulance was also attacked and more than 12 people were arrested.

The rally followed an attack on two lifeguards on the beach last weekend.

The violence has reportedly moved on to Maroubra where police have reported several incidents of property damage.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Disgusting.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. It is the white people doing it....

Notice it's not news until they are white. It's simple retaliation for the part below mentioned in passing...more power to em

www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/12/12/sydney_riots_wideweb__470x313,0.jpg

A police officer (far right) unloads capsicum spray in a bid to help a man being beaten on Cronulla Beach yesterday.

www.theage.com.au/articles/2005/12/11/1134235948497.html

By Les Kennedy and Damien Murphy
December 12, 2005
Page 1 of 2
Alcohol, the Australian flag and raw racism fuelled a violent rampage by thousands of young residents in Sydney yesterday, drawing widespread revulsion as bloodshed and bigotry turned a seaside suburb into a battleground.

At least 10 people were injured and scores had been arrested by last night, as the shocking images of racist chants and mob attacks sparked further clashes.

A senior policeman said hundreds of young people of Middle Eastern extraction were wreaking havoc in at least five Sydney suburbs last night.

Thirty people had been arrested amid last night's violence in Brighton where hundreds of people were milling around following two police officers being hit by a four-wheel-drive and slightly injured.

Police reported firearms being "flashed" threateningly but not discharged. "So far we have had no one shot," the senior policeman said.

Operation Support Group police equipped with full riot gear including shields and helmets were recalled to duty last night in several beachside suburbs.

NSW Premier Morris Iemma led a chorus of condemnation.

"These hooligans have brought shame upon themselves," he said. "Some today tried to hide behind the Australian flag. The Australia that I know, and intend to preserve as Premier, does not support the sort of behaviour that we saw."

Police Commissioner Ken Moroney said the rioters, many of them carrying the national flag and singing the anthem, were "clearly un-Australian".

"I'm ashamed as a man and as the Commissioner of Police," he said. "Never have I seen a mob turn like they have today, particularly on . . . women and . . . the NSW Ambulance Service."

Assistant Commissioner Mark Goodwin, who co-ordinated the riot response, said he would establish a taskforce to review video footage of the riot.

The violence followed a week of simmering tension following an attack the previous Sunday on two lifesavers.

Appeals by text message for "Aussies" to descend on the beach to reclaim it drew a crowd estimated at 5000 people, but a carnival atmosphere in the morning gave way to an ugly mood as the day wore on.

The trouble began with scuffles about midday. As the crowd moved along the beach and foreshore area, a man on the back of a utility began to shout "No more Lebs", a chant picked up by the group around him.

Members of the mob set upon their prey with fists, feet, flags and beer bottles.

Two paramedics were injured as they tried to get victims out of the North Cronulla Surf Lifesaving Club, where they had fled to escape the rioters.

The crowd broke the windows of the ambulance and kicked its doors as the officers attempted to get the group out. Police, who used capsicum spray and batons in their battle to quell the rioters, were also pelted with beer bottles, and in some cases their cars were swamped and stomped on as they tried to move from one violent flare-up to the next. They sometimes appeared powerless to keep up with the moving mob.

The mob wore varied uniforms. A few sported black swastika sweatshirts, but most the emblem of the Australian flag, the Eureka Stockade flag, or with hand-written graffiti on their bodies such as "save nulla, f--- Allah".

"F--- off, get the f--- back to Lebanon," one man shouted at an 18-year-old man who had ventured to the beach for a dip.

He was the first to be targeted just before 11am, chased by 200 people to the Northies Hotel sports bar, where 20 bouncers joined police in holding back a crowd that swelled to several thousand. Many of them were drinking, some of them clearly underage.

With MALCOLM BROWN and TIM COLQUHOUN
(more in link)

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:55:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which sons of Abraham?
The Jews or the Arabs?

OH JESUS CHRIST STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muslims ARE NOT THE "SONS OF ABRAHAM" ANY MORE THAN CHRISTIANS ARE!!!!!
just because they say they are does'nt make it so. There is no Proof historically of the "claim" at all. they just wanted to belive they were the "true" followers of Abraham so they concocted the whole Decended from Ishmael bullshit story. It's a fucking lie! And the Muslims are being whipped up by Radicals in Australia and they think they can get away with this crap like they did in France. The Australians AINT FRENCH! AC/DC is from AUSTRALIA!!!!!!! They are gonna get derssed in black and smash some Haji heads with "back in Black" blasting in the backround! I would give both my nuts to see that!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It means he doesn't know the difference between Australia and Austria...
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#28]
I thought only black people rioted?  At least that's what I learned from arfcom.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which sons of Abraham?
The Jews or the Arabs?

Did I say muslims?
Your hate has blinded you - I said Arabs, broseph.

Quoted:

Take note You Muslim apologists on this board! I don't want the same thing to happen to you, so be careful what terrorists you decide to defend!!!! If you wanna do something rightous work in a soupkitchen you wanker!
STOP defending those who would impose Sharia on christians or demand "special rights" and when they don't get them they riot!!!

Also, I write a long winded post about Australias problems With Islam. They have serious problems being bordered with one of the the most populous Muslim countries in the world. (i wonder if you mislim apologists even know what that is!)

Indonesia.
Me wonders if the KKK gave simaler speeches as you?
"Take note all you N*gger lovers - don't try defending no darkies when we come around on our nightrides - I wouldn't want to have to hurt any of my white brethern."

You make me sick.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It means someone wants to see another Kristallnacht.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

thats AUSTRIA.....

[edit] didnt look at 2nd page
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:00:33 AM EDT
[#33]
@Nefarius:
Read my previous post about Australia being a day ahead...

Better Link:

www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051211/racetensions_sydney_051211/20051211?hub=TopStories

Racial tensions spark riots on Australian beach
Associated Press

SYDNEY, Australia — Racial violence erupted in Sydney beachside suburbs on Sunday after thousands of white youths, many chanting racial slurs, clashed with police and attacked people of Middle Eastern origin.

At least 12 people were arrested for assault and other offences and several were injured in the alcohol-fuelled fights at Cronulla beach.

Late Sunday, after an uneasy peace had returned to Cronulla, the violence spread.

Police said youths damaged cars in at least one nearby suburb and a man was stabbed after what a police spokesman described as a short conversation with a "group of males of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern appearance." The victim was hospitalized in serious condition.

Dozens of police in riot gear also were involved in a confrontation with youths in the Brighton-le-Sands neighbourhood close to Sydney's Botany Bay, Sky News reported.

Earlier Sunday, crowds approached people of Middle Eastern background at Cronulla beach "with vile abuse," police Assistant Commissioner Mark Goodwin said.

In TV broadcasts, the rioters overwhelmingly were young white men. Many carried beer bottles, waved Australian flags and chanted anti-Middle Eastern slogans in response to reports that youths of Lebanese ancestry were responsible for an attack last weekend on two of the beach's life guards.

One white teenager had the words "We grew here, you flew here" painted on his back. On the beach, someone had written "100 percent Aussie pride" in the sand.

Two paramedics in an ambulance were injured as they tried to get youths of Middle Eastern appearance out of the Cronulla Surf Lifesaving Club, where they had fled to escape one mob.

The mob broke the vehicle's windows and kicked its doors as the paramedics tried to get the group out.

Some rioters stomped on police vehicles and other cars. Officers fought back with batons and pepper spray.

Sydney has many beaches, but Cronulla is one of few that are easily accessible by train and often is visited by youngsters -- many of Middle Eastern ethnicity -- from the poorer suburbs of western and southern Sydney.

Area residents accuse the visitors of being disrespectful and sometimes intimidating other beachgoers.

Days ago, police increased the number of officers patrolling the beach after mobile phone text messages began circulating calling for retaliation for the attack on the lifeguards.

But authorities seemed surprised by the number of people who showed up Sunday.

Area Mayor Kevin Schreiber accused the mob of flocking to the beach looking for a fight.

"As mayor and as a resident of Cronulla, I'm devastated by what has occurred on our beachfront," he said. "It is the actions of a few, but let's not kid ourselves that people didn't come from far and wide to participate."

The president of the Islamic Friendship Association of Australia, Keysar Trad, said the violence was "bound to happen" after callers to some radio talk shows whipped up ethnic tensions following the attack last weekend.

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Did the french surrender yet?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which sons of Abraham?
The Jews or the Arabs?

Did I say muslims?

Quoted:

Take note You Muslim apologists on this board! I don't want the same thing to happen to you, so be careful what terrorists you decide to defend!!!! If you wanna do something rightous work in a soupkitchen you wanker!

Indonesia.
"Take note all you N*gger lovers - don't try defending no darkies when we come around on our nightrides - I wouldn't want to have to hurt any of my white brethern."

You make me sick.

OH PALEESE! You must take lessons on argueing from CAIR! When in doubt, play the "race card" ! Did you see the part where i said

I don't want the same thing to happen to you, so be careful what terrorists you decide to defend
I said Terrorists! Are you saying you are a defender of terrorists!?????? Anyone who comes to our country and riots (like the MUslim youth gangs are doing in Australia!!!) is a terrorist! I dont care what religion they are!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You want to believe that, so you're connecting dots that don't go together, some of which you pulled out of your ass.  

Who is NOT an "88"'er in your mind?  Your pals over at DU?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

UHH maybe you should look again. Notice the goofy face??? ---> i posted? That means i'm just making a stupid goofy joke, get it?? sheesh!
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You want to believe that, so you're connecting dots that don't go together, some of which you pulled out of your ass.  

Nope, there are plenty who ain't.
t-stox, by his own words is.

What does that sound like to you?
Plenty of other posters on this board can discuss current events without getting a boner seeing innoncent people beat up.

ETA: To t-stox's credit, he does know steyr is from Austria.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:15:46 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, there are plenty who ain't.
t-stox, by his own words is.

What does that sound like to you?
Plenty of other posters on this board can discuss current events without getting a boner seeing innoncent people beat up.

ETA: To t-stox's credit, he does know steyr is from Austria.

OK first off the sentence in quotes in NOT mine! I got it from a news site. Second, Maybe i should have posted the whole article, That plain fact is that Since the riots in France MUslim youth gangs have being trying to forment the same thing in AUSTRALIA!! GET IT? they go wandering about torching cars beating up whites, Robbing people ETC FUCKING ETC! So the Whites form a gang and go to defend the Native australians! The post mentions they attacked "people of middle eastern origin" but what they don't mention is this was a riot on both sides! I made it sound like they were attacking innocent bystanders but they were,nt! it was basically a gang confrontation.  

[ETA:] Since you might doubt this, here is the whole article which shows that the Muslim Youth gangs were the ones who prior to this had started the trouble.

Racial violence erupted in Sydney beachside suburbs after thousands of white youths, many chanting racial slurs, clashed with police and attacked people of Middle Eastern origin.
At least 12 people were arrested for assault and other offenses and several were injured in the alcohol-fueled fights at Cronulla beach.

Late Sunday, after an uneasy peace had returned to Cronulla, the violence spread. Police said youths damaged cars in at least one nearby suburb and a man was stabbed after what a police spokesman described as a short conversation with a "group of males of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern appearance." The victim was hospitalized in serious condition.

as you can see by the second paragraph that Muslim gangs were engaging in the violence as well. this is NOT a case of some drunken Aussies beating up old ladies in Burkas! If that were to happen i would be made really sad.................................................really.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#40]

Do you all honestly think we can make an informed call on this based on the AP articles that will be coming out?  If it's a bunch of assholes beating a dark guy because he might be Arab, that's pretty disgusting.  If it is a bunch of people telling muslim thugs that this will NOT be the same as France, well that's a whole different game now isn't it?  Sounds like a lot more will have to come out before we know what really went down there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
If it is a bunch of people telling muslim thugs that this will NOT be the same as France, well that's a whole different game now isn't it?  Sounds like a lot more will have to come out before we know what really went down there.

Howcome the muslims are always in the middle of the problems? Why doesen't the "mob" target ie. the vietnamese? Why is the muslims in conflict with more or less everyone on the globe?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which sons of Abraham?
The Jews or the Arabs?

I was thinking about the ones that spontaneously explode on occasion.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which sons of Abraham?
The Jews or the Arabs?

Did I say muslims?

Quoted:

Indonesia.

You make me sick.

Here's YOUR sign...

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Do you all honestly think we can make an informed call on this based on the AP articles that will be coming out?  If it's a bunch of assholes beating a dark guy because he might be Arab, that's pretty disgusting.  If it is a bunch of people telling muslim thugs that this will NOT be the same as France, well that's a whole different game now isn't it?  Sounds like a lot more will have to come out before we know what really went down there.

I think it might be a hijack.
Reading the part of the article that t-stox posted above, it looks like some muslim gangs started shit, beating up people, etc.
So, as often happens, trash is drawn to trash.
A bunch of assholes go out to beat up anyone THEY think is a Muslim/Arab what-have-you.
People like those guys are the ones who were cursing out sikhs and hindus after 9/11 in this country.
These guys, who might otherwise enjoy my sympathy if they went after the thugs who were responsible for the mayhem the previous night, have proved themselves to be thugs as well.
They are going after the weakest ones there - most likely the ones who were just at the beach to enjoy a nice day in the sun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which sons of Abraham?
The Jews or the Arabs?

I was thinking about the ones that spontaneously explode on occasion.

I figured.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:35:44 AM EDT
[#46]
do we have any australian arfcommers?
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Doctor,
 Don't use facts or logic to argue with these people.  It doesn't work.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#48]

Did I say muslims?

Did you say Muslims? I dunno, to lazy to hit the back button. But it's irrelevant since even if you said "arabs" you are still wrong. so let me rephrase- "Arabs ARE NOT THE "SONS OF ABRAHAM" ANY MORE THAN CHRISTIANS ARE!!!!!"
There, feel any better? Again my original statement stands. there is zero Hisotrical evidence that so-called "arabs" are decended from Ishmael. There languages are similiar, but so what? Sanskrit from India is related to English but there is no way an Indian can claim he is decended from St. George! Again it was a bogus "claim" made up by Mohammud to "connect" his new religion with the old founder of Montheism. Prior to Mohammuds time the Arabs did not consider themselves to be "Ishmaelites" And their Written script is not related at all to Hebrew. And you analogy of Jewish persecution to Muslim "troubles" is 100% false. There is no similarity what so fucking ever! Prove to me one parallel.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Did I say muslims?

Did you say Muslims? I dunno, to lazy to hit the back button. But it's irrelevant since even if you said "arabs" you are still wrong. so let me rephrase- "Arabs ARE NOT THE "SONS OF ABRAHAM" ANY MORE THAN CHRISTIANS ARE!!!!!"
There, feel any better? Again my original statement stands. there is zero Hisotrical evidence that so-called "arabs" are decended from Ishmael. There languages are similiar, but so what? Sanskrit from India is related to English but there is no way an Indian can claim he is decended from St. George! Again it was a bogus "claim" made up by Mohammud to "connect" his new religion with the old founder of Montheism. Prior to Mohammuds time the Arabs did not consider themselves to be "Ishmaelites" And their Written script is not related at all to Hebrew. And you analogy of Jewish persecution to Muslim "troubles" is 100% false. There is no similarity what so fucking ever! Prove to me one parallel.

I don't have to, since I never made that claim.
From my reading of the Bible, the Arabs are the descendents of Hagaar and Abraham, and this is what I have understood, long before I ever changed my position on Islam/Arabs.

From the King James Version.

7And the angel of the LORD found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.
8And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.
9And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.
10And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.
11And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
12And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
13And she called the name of the LORD that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after him that seeth me?

Link Posted: 12/11/2005 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top