[url]http://news.excite.com/news/uw/010725/politics-104[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 11:07:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I gota second what DVD said!
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#3]
"The one thing that we are trying to do is reach men and make them aware that they are involved in sexual assault and rape."
View Quote

No, I'm not.  That's insulting.

"The splashguards could be perceived as insulting to our customers and we don't want to play down to our guests," Desmond said.  Desmond said that it is the message on the splashguards, not what Men Stopping Rape hopes to achieve, that the managers of Hotel State College find fault with. "We're in the hospitality business so we certainly do not want to insult people. The slogan suggests that people think with their penises, rather than their minds," Desmond said.
View Quote

I agree.

Peggy Lorah, assistant director for the Center for Women Students, echoed Silverman's attitude. "Education has to start with men because 99 percent of all rapes are committed by male perpetrators," Lorah said. "Rape and sexual assault will not stop until men are educated."
View Quote

The problem is not one of education.  That's a misguided, utopian view.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
like some how rape is done for the sex? almost all rapists do it for the sick Power trip they get from it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats rude and assuming.  Damn assumers, I would like to see her statistics on rape because yeah guys are more likely to be the perpetrator, but it ain't 99% is it?
Ice
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 2:07:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thats rude and assuming.  Damn assumers, I would like to see her statistics on rape because yeah guys are more likely to be the perpetrator, but it ain't 99% is it?
Ice
View Quote

Gender feminists are good at coming up with all kinds of statistics. And rape statistics are their specialty. For example, by calling it rape if the girl was talked into it and had hidden doubts, or counting up all the actual rapes and then multiplying by some factor to account for the unreported ones.

And when they come up with some statistic--like the one in four women will be raped statistic--they repeat it again and again until it is an article of faith, and anyone who questions it is labled a member or dupe of the "patriachy", and is therefore immedietly suspect.

The funny thing is, if it is Bill Clinton or some other Democrat who is accused, the rules change. It becomes innocent until proven guilty beyond any doubt.

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
like it!!!!

What next.

Tampons that say you hold the key to pregnancy?
Toilet paper that says you hold the key to personal hygiene?
Guns that say you hold the key to personal protection?
And my favorite bonbons that say your fat because you eat this!

did anyone else notice the girl is shooting a s&w Isosceles.  Not my type at all.  I am only attracted to girls who shoot a 1911 and weaver style.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
did anyone else notice the girl is shooting a s&w Isosceles.
View Quote

Actually it looks like a Beretta 92. I could be wrong, though. Wouldn't be the first time [:D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#9]
"The one thing that we are trying to do is reach men and make them aware that they are involved in sexual assault and rape."

OK............... well if you assault your self there is another name for that[:I]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#11]
This article states that "You hold the power to stop rape in your hands." Problem is...What are the men holding when they read this? The penis, as much of a friend as it has been in my 16 yrs of marriage, is not the power that it is going to take to put these wackos behind bars.
Then she says:"Education has to start with men because 99 percent of all rapes are committed by male perpetrators," Lorah said. "Rape and sexual assault will not stop until men are educated." What a crock of crap! She thinks that being educated on the subject stops it?? Bull! Been there, had that done....the man was not stupid! Just one twisted mofo!
The group doing this has an admirable cause going, unfortunatley to help anyone who has been raped, or to stop another rape...male or female...You have to talk to the victims! Get the damn knowledge first hand so you know what will help prevent and what won't. I can sit down and tell you a list of things I would've done different that night had I been aware it might have happened! And anyone can that has been through it.
I am with DVD on this one! The only thing that stops these sick people is a gun!...If you have the chance to use it!
The problem does not lie in education...It lies in prosecution! And that my friends, is very rare these days!
Joyce
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 4:29:06 PM EDT
[#12]
The article AND this post are both WAY OUT OF LINE................[smoke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top